Replacing SD Card on Rooted & Modded SF

Guest RussellS

Guest RussellS

Hi, this is my first post as I am very new to all this. I purchased an Orange San Francisco yesterday and wanted to unlock & debrand it. After trawling through the forums both here and elsewhere I am now in the position of having the phone unlocked, rooted and I've installed the Clockwork Mod and have loaded various different rom's.

At the moment I still have the supplied 2gb micro SD card in the phoen. However, I want replace this with a 16gb card and just wanted to know if this would cause any problems with regard to the clockwork mod etc. Basically I wasn't sure if any of the bootloader etc is stored on the SD card or is everything in the phones internal memory.

Many thanks

Russell

No its wont cause any problems only thing you will loose is Nandroid backups which are stored on the sdcard, but just remember to do another backup of the phone when you get a new sdcard.

Guest RussellS
No its wont cause any problems only thing you will loose is Nandroid backups which are stored on the sdcard, but just remember to do another backup of the phone when you get a new sdcard.

Thanks for the quick reply. Are the Nandroid backups accesible on theSD card or does it store them in a hidden part?

Thanks for the quick reply. Are the Nandroid backups accesible on theSD card or does it store them in a hidden part?

No the back ups are not hidden they will be on the root of the sd card. So you can see them and copy them over from the old sd card to the new one. You should be able to see them in the nandroid folder or clockwork mod folder assuming you have done a backup.

Guest RussellS
No the back ups are not hidden they will be on the root of the sd card. So you can see them and copy them over from the old sd card to the new one. You should be able to see them in the nandroid folder or clockwork mod folder assuming you have done a backup.

Thanks for that. I can indeed see them inside the Clockworkmod folder.

Thanks again.