HDMI output pretty rubbish

Guest warriorscot

Quick ques. I bought a cheap HDMI cable with ends the same as this http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/Product..._3/MXHDM3HD.JPG - but I plug it into my Sony 32" tft tv and get nothing. The ques is, the plug doesn't go all the way in at the Vega end due to the recessed socket, is this normal or do I need a cable with a slimline plug surround?

Edited by sipart

Guest warriorscot

The socket can be pulled out quite far, if you move it up towards you it actually sites flush over the top of the vega so any bulky plugs won't be hindered if you do that.

Guest trevor432990
Quick ques. I bought a cheap HDMI cable with ends the same as this http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/Product..._3/MXHDM3HD.JPG - but I plug it into my Sony 32" tft tv and get nothing. The ques is, the plug doesn't go all the way in at the Vega end due to the recessed socket, is this normal or do I need a cable with a slimline plug surround?

My HDMI cable was the same problem but worked on my Sony 46" check your TV settings maybe need to change input channel

My HDMI cable was the same problem but worked on my Sony 46" check your TV settings maybe need to change input channel

On correct input - I manually switched between the HDMI sockets, tried reboot of Vega while connected and no joy. Going to try on father in laws Toshiba tv later.

Don't even get a flicker when I plug it. In and out :-(

EDIT: found out through tests that my cable doesn't work with the Vega. Swapped my cable with the father in laws and it works fine on my tv. My cable works on his DVD player?!

Edited by sipart

Guest surly cat

Tip for Samsung HDTV users: if the Vega's picture is displaying on your TV with its edges cut off, use the TV's picture settings (i.e. Picture Size) to enable Screen Fit. In effect, this disables 1080p overscan. Overscan should never be used for HD material.