TO ALL U.S DELL STREAK(ATT) WITH STEVES 1.5.1

Guest SKYSCRAPER04

Guest SKYSCRAPER04

THIS IS BUGGING ME I UPGRADED MY STREAK FROM ATT 1.6 TO 2.1(UK) TO STEVES 1.5.1 AND EVERYTHING IS FINE EXCEPT THE LOCATION THING(everytime i use voice search OR google it always says U.K on the google thing).ANYBODY HAS SOLUTION PLS LET ME KNOW..TIA

Guest jiggajosh
THIS IS BUGGING ME I UPGRADED MY STREAK FROM ATT 1.6 TO 2.1(UK) TO STEVES 1.5.1 AND EVERYTHING IS FINE EXCEPT THE LOCATION THING(everytime i use voice search OR google it always says U.K on the google thing).ANYBODY HAS SOLUTION PLS LET ME KNOW..TIA

Menu>settings>language and keyboard>select language>english (united states). I dont know why but that fixed mine. Stopped me from downloading wrong apps too like the uk version of ebay

Guest SKYSCRAPER04
Menu>settings>language and keyboard>select language>english (united states). I dont know why but that fixed mine. Stopped me from downloading wrong apps too like the uk version of ebay

yeah i already did that didnt works.thanks

Guest LorD CLockaN

There something to do in the build.prop file

There is .co.uk server... You must set it to .com server..

Because Steve is British

yeah you will need root explorer. then go into the system folder a edit the build.prop file by changing the ro.product.locale.region=GB to ro.product.locale.region=US

Guest JaysFreaky
There something to do in the build.prop file

There is .co.uk server... You must set it to .com server..

Because Steve is British

There's no co.uk in there. There is, however, ro.product.locale.region=GB. Switch that to US.

I have no problems.

Guest LorD CLockaN
There's no co.uk in there. There is, however, ro.product.locale.region=GB. Switch that to US.

I have no problems.

sorry, thats what I meant.

I knew that there is something with united kingdom :)

Guest untrueparadox

ro.product.locale.region=GB

set it =US

and theres another one for the date you should change, the dd-MM-YYYY, swap it to MM-dd-YYYY

also, if youre getting slow fixes on the gps, download the app FasterFix (requires root) and set the ntp server to north america.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fone_Fanatic
How do you set read write permissions

In root explorer? just tap the "Mount R/W" on the top :unsure:

Also first thing i do after flashing steve's roms is edit the build.prop, i suggested it in his thread over at xda

Here are the edits i make:

ro.product.locale.region=GB to US

ro.com.android.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy to MM-dd-yyyy

ro.build.oemversion.customer_conf=o2 to att

There were a couple more that'd i'd change in previous builds but looks like thats all for v1.5.3

also take note of what you change, for example if you edit ro.product.brand=dell to Dell swype will stop working.

Edited by Fone_Fanatic

Guest alfonsomm
In root explorer? just tap the "Mount R/W" on the top :unsure:

Also first thing i do after flashing steve's roms is edit the build.prop, i suggested it in his thread over at xda

Here are the edits i make:

ro.product.locale.region=GB to US

ro.com.android.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy to MM-dd-yyyy

ro.build.oemversion.customer_conf=o2 to att

There were a couple more that'd i'd change in previous builds but looks like thats all for v1.5.3

also take note of what you change, for example if you edit ro.product.brand=dell to Dell swype will stop working.

Thnx I dont have root explorer but I edited build file