what is done exactly by factory reset ?

Guest kwenteen

Guest kwenteen

Hello everyone, as I can't do a real factory reset, because I have a modded streak,

Does anybody knows what does exactly factory reset function?

In this way, I could do all it does properly, but manually, via ADB for example...

what does it format, erase, reset, rewrite ?

thanks !

Boujou bien,

K.

Edited by kwenteen

Guest jmhalder
Hello everyone, as I can't do a real factory reset, because I have a modded streak,

Does anybody knows what does exactly factory reset function?

In this way, I could do all it does properly, but manually, via ADB for example...

what does it format, erase, reset, rewrite ?

thanks !

Boujou bien,

K.

erases any user and temporary data, leaves R/O partitions alone, such as /system and boot.

you can NOT do it through adb while regularly powered on, you might be able to do it with adb from the recovery, dont know why you would want to.

Edited by jmhalder

Guest kwenteen
erases any user and temporary data, leaves R/O partitions alone, such as /system and boot.

you can NOT do it through adb while regularly powered on, you might be able to do it with adb from the recovery, dont know why you would want to.

because as /cache and /data cannot be mounted automatically, Factory reset cannot erase them, and I was wondering if anything else wasn't going smoothly because of the mount error... that's it ! ;)

Until now, I had to wipe cache and data manually, then factory reset, then multiple reboot, then recreate a folder in firstboot, then pray for everything to work, and sometimes, it does ! :D

Thus, I wanted to see if I could use a script to act as the factory reset thing... with the mount option in it !!

btw, wiping /data and /cache while system booted works, but of course crash the system a bit ... :)

Edited by kwenteen