Help! bought Pulse with FLB MOD 1.5 but no Root Access

Guest ge11er

I have bought a T-mobile Pulse that has FLB-Mod 1.5 installed. It appears that the phone had root priviledges as WIFI tether, Titanium Backup etc are installed but when I try to 'su' its a no go, Permission Denied.

I am new to android phones and am now unsure about flashing new ROMS, am I better to go back to standard T-Mobile December ROM and starting again or can the root issue be fixed?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Graham

Guest jekin77
I have bought a T-mobile Pulse that has FLB-Mod 1.5 installed. It appears that the phone had root priviledges as WIFI tether, Titanium Backup etc are installed but when I try to 'su' its a no go, Permission Denied.

I am new to android phones and am now unsure about flashing new ROMS, am I better to go back to standard T-Mobile December ROM and starting again or can the root issue be fixed?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Graham

The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Graham

Yep no need to go back!

Guest Sh4d0w940
Yep no need to go back!

Not going back is good, going forward is better. Try to install the CyanogenMod rom from Tom G, it's way better than flb mod.

Sh4d0w940

Ok I want to go forward but not sure of the consequences.

I have decided to go with FLB 1.7 ROM first? Will this restore root privileges?

Do I need to remove the partitions from my SD Card before I do any upgrades?

Just a bit worried about bricking my phone with the first attempt..

Guest El Nino9

read the guide mentioned above. then read it again.

it clearly outlines everything in basic terms.

firstly the phone will be ok. its bootloader is fully unlocked so you can flash things via fastboot. as far as i know, there is currently no way to harm the bootloader for this phone.

so give reading the ultimate pulse guide a go and then if you feel confident enough try, if not read it again and keep reading it until you get brave enough.

personal read that guide and give it ago, get stuck anywhere then people here will help.but if you dont read that guide, you'll get some stick and some help :)

i will give you a head start.

power off the phone. hold menu and end call button and power button all together.keep holding it until you enter recovery.

if you have clockworks mod or ar amon's recovery then you're good to go with flashing roms. if not its easy to install a custom recovery ;) read the guide as i said, or SEARCH as everything has been answered about this phone before for noobs.

Guest AntonioPT

Yes, installing FLB 1.7 will restore root privileges.

No, you do not need to remove the partitions from the SD card (it's even recommended to keep them, as the apps will be installed on the SD card).

Don't worry, you CAN'T brick a Pulse by flashing FLB (or any other ROM). I've never heard of anyone with a bricked Pulse :(

Yes, installing FLB 1.7 will restore root privileges.

No, you do not need to remove the partitions from the SD card (it's even recommended to keep them, as the apps will be installed on the SD card).

Don't worry, you CAN'T brick a Pulse by flashing FLB (or any other ROM). I've never heard of anyone with a bricked Pulse :(

Ok Went for it and ended up in a bootloop.

I have read somewhere about deleting all partitions on SD ard and moving the DALVIK cache back to the phone?

It goes back to my original question is it better to start with a 'Stock' 2.1 setup before doing a Custom ROM?

Guest El Nino9
Ok Went for it and ended up in a bootloop.

I have read somewhere about deleting all partitions on SD ard and moving the DALVIK cache back to the phone?

It goes back to my original question is it better to start with a 'Stock' 2.1 setup before doing a Custom ROM?

well did you do a full wipe before installing the rom?

i don't use Apps to sd so i have no partitions on my SD CARD.if you want why don't you remove the partitions (this will probably format your SD CARD SO BACK UP!)

after that then try installing the rom after a full wipe.