Porting newer XIP and SYS

Guest sakisds

Guest sakisds

Hello everyone,

I was trying to port a new WM(6.5.3/5) build on a JC2 base but I couldn't get it right. The phone is always stuck on Samsung logo.

From the original SYS I am keeping .VM, .ROM and Metadata. I tried following some tutorials on XDA but no luck. Could someone help me? It would be really appreciated.

Guest daskalos
Hello everyone,

I was trying to port a new WM(6.5.3/5) build on a JC2 base but I couldn't get it right. The phone is always stuck on Samsung logo.

From the original SYS I am keeping .VM, .ROM and Metadata. I tried following some tutorials on XDA but no luck. Could someone help me? It would be really appreciated.

Well these are the possible causes:

1. You had a problem in porting the new XIP

2. You messed up some Samsung drivers or regs (OEMDrivers/DriverHigh)

3. You deleted some things/files/packages that must not be deleted in SYS

Guest Thunder141
Hello everyone,

i would recommend you to use romtool in the beginning. that is quite easy to use for beginners.

in the following xxxx means the build number of the xip/sys, e.g 28244

1. make a new folder sys_xxxx under your kitchen folder.

2. copy .vm .rom and metadata from your normals sys folder there

3. make a xip_xxxx folder under your kitchen xiptools folder

4. copy the folders MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK there. Nothing else

5. Copy the sys folders from your new build to sys_xxxx. Do not copy metadata and do not copy remotedesktopmobile. You should remove remotedesktopmobile, cause it brings problems with your hardware keyboard

6. Now, if you start romtool, you can choose your kitchen folder and then the new sys folder under sys (shot1.png)

7. Your folder structure could be like in shot2 for kitchen folder and shot3 for xiptools folder

8. shot4 shows what to have checked in build tab

Further questions? Ask me

post-641271-1293001809_thumb.png

post-641271-1293001817_thumb.png

post-641271-1293001847_thumb.png

post-641271-1293001894_thumb.png

Guest sakisds

@Daskalos: It seems I did something wrong while porting the XIP, its working know :).

@Thunder141: Thanks a lot for the instructions, I managed to make it boot. Thanks a lot again for your time.

Guest Thunder141

You're welcome. Good it's working now.

@Daskalos: It seems I did something wrong while porting the XIP, its working know :).

@Thunder141: Thanks a lot for the instructions, I managed to make it boot. Thanks a lot again for your time.

Guest womacka

Hi, I have similar problem. I´m trying to cook megalite rom. And my rom works fine with original SYS parts, but when I replace original SYS with SYS from build 21901, my rom 1. time boot up, then it restarts, but after that it get stucket at windows boot screen like on picture 1. But when I lock the device and unlock it, it jumps to windows Today (pict. 2). And there is a problem, the whole screen doesn´t respond except bottom bar and HW buttons (pict. 3).

Does anybody know where is the problem? When porting new SYS I followed the guide some posts above and guide in i8000 forum.

Thanks for advices.

post-618841-1293111676_thumb.jpgpost-618841-1293111714_thumb.jpgpost-618841-1293111734_thumb.jpg

Guest Thunder141

have you looked at the kitche thread on the link to xda what sys packages does not to be removed ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=5

Hi, I have similar problem. I´m trying to cook megalite rom. And my rom works fine with original SYS parts, but when I replace original SYS with SYS from build 21901, my rom 1. time boot up, then it restarts, but after that it get stucket at windows boot screen like on picture 1. But when I lock the device and unlock it, it jumps to windows Today (pict. 2). And there is a problem, the whole screen doesn´t respond except bottom bar and HW buttons (pict. 3).

Does anybody know where is the problem? When porting new SYS I followed the guide some posts above and guide in i8000 forum.

Thanks for advices.

post-618841-1293111676_thumb.jpgpost-618841-1293111714_thumb.jpgpost-618841-1293111734_thumb.jpg

Guest womacka

Yes, I know that. I have removed some packages from original sys and the rom worked, but after replacing the remaining original SYS parts from 21901 it doesn´t work.