So when is the next update coming then Paul?!

Guest swarrans

Guest swarrans

Only said in jest Paul, you are a God an all, but!!!....

Your super fast rom updates have raised a level of expectation and it's been simply ages since the last update (!).

I'm really excited about what I think and hope will be the next release to include:-

1. USB slave/host (I haven't dared try to do it myself)

2. Gingerbread keyboard

3. Google Maps rotation thingy

Are you waiting to make it a Christmas Day stocking filler?...

Simon

(if it's not obvious already, many, many thanks for your skill and dedication to this and I hope those £9.99's are beginning to tot up!)

Edited by swarrans

Guest jellywobbles
Only said in jest Paul, you are a God an all, but!!!....

Your super fast rom updates have raised a level of expectation and it's been simply ages since the last update (!).

I'm really excited about what I think and hope will be the next release to include:-

1. USB slave/host (I haven't dared try to do it myself)

2. Gingerbread keyboard

3. Google Maps rotation thingy

Are you waiting to make it a Christmas Day stocking filler?...

Simon

(if it's not obvious already, many, many thanks for your skill and dedication to this and I hope those £9.99's are beginning to tot up!)

Just as I was about to reply to your "cant remember point 3" - you edited it! Obviously still half asleep like me huh? ;)

I agree - it would be great to have a new update & in particular one with USB slave / host!

Ginger biscuit keyboard would be good also :) LOL!

Cheers

Guest dagrim1
First rule of the Android Community - Don't pester Dev's about release dates for their ROM's :)

This, it'll come when its ready... and those 10 bucks are for modaco in general and not just paul.

Guest rvdgeer
First rule of the Android Community - Don't pester Dev's about release dates for their ROM's :)

You're so right ;)

Telling Paul, or any dev, to "hurry up" is not a way to constructively contribute to development.

Guest swarrans

I really think Paul is big enough to take my post in the spirit it was meant, which was just showing my appreciation and anticipating with excitement all the stuff he has already told us he's working on, but I'm also big enough to take the advice...

Guest removed-14
I really think Paul is big enough to take my post in the spirit it was meant, which was just showing my appreciation and anticipating with excitement all the stuff he has already told us he's working on, but I'm also big enough to take the advice...

Don't worry swarrans. We are all keen for the next ROM release, especially as Paul has demonstrated such ease and quality of each ROM.

One other point to remember is that if anyone follows Paul on twitter, he has just taken delivery of a Nexus S so you can't blame him for spending time with his new toy :)

Guest swarrans
Don't worry swarrans. We are all keen for the next ROM release, especially as Paul has demonstrated such ease and quality of each ROM.

One other point to remember is that if anyone follows Paul on twitter, he has just taken delivery of a Nexus S so you can't blame him for spending time with his new toy :)

Oh no, he's got a new girlfriend!! How soon they forget!....

Guest rvdgeer

Ok, I must have misread it...

While waiting for some more greatness from Paul I'm trying to write a beginners guide to upgrading to the latest official firmware...

I know there are a few guides available, but I intend to start a new topic for this and maintaining it for a while, updating it with user suggestions...

Maybe when it's proven it's worth, Paul will pin it or will add it to the wiki...

Guest jellywobbles
...........While waiting for some more greatness from Paul I'm trying to write a beginners guide to upgrading to the latest official firmware... I know there are a few guides available, but I intend to start a new topic for this and maintaining it for a while, updating it with user suggestions... Maybe when it's proven it's worth, Paul will pin it or will add it to the wiki...

That's an excellent idea, if you have got the time! I am sure there will be many new Vega users that would appreciate this. Its a daunting job for some, that's for sure! :)

Guest gingercat

You can achieve points 1, 2 & 3 quite easily yourself without needing a new ROM.

1) Use adb to install the flash tool, then just a case of copying the image files over and installing gscript

2) Gingerbread keyboard is available as an .apk

3) Just copy android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.xml to the appropriate folder using adb (or a root-capable explorer)

Yes, it'd be nice if these bits were all included in the ROM, but new ROMS are best for giving us the latest kernel and bits that we can't configure ourselves.

Guest removed-14
You can achieve points 1, 2 & 3 quite easily yourself without needing a new ROM.

1) Use adb to install the flash tool, then just a case of copying the image files over and installing gscript

2) Gingerbread keyboard is available as an .apk

3) Just copy android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.xml to the appropriate folder using adb (or a root-capable explorer)

Yes, it'd be nice if these bits were all included in the ROM, but new ROMS are best for giving us the latest kernel and bits that we can't configure ourselves.

This. Great advice and sensible thoughts.

Guest griff_dai
Ok, I must have misread it...

While waiting for some more greatness from Paul I'm trying to write a beginners guide to upgrading to the latest official firmware...

I know there are a few guides available, but I intend to start a new topic for this and maintaining it for a while, updating it with user suggestions...

Maybe when it's proven it's worth, Paul will pin it or will add it to the wiki...

Good lad, I'll be un wrapping mine Xmas morning and getting into all sorts of bother seeing I have a win 7 64 bit here!!!!

Guest griff_dai
I've been ill with flu for a couple of weeks now(!), gradually managing to get back into things.

It's coming, and it'll be here when it's ready. ;)

P

Have you had that , cough, bad throat and bad headache version of the flu, bloody annoying! I'm over it now though :)

Guest mad.dog
I've been ill with flu for a couple of weeks now(!), gradually managing to get back into things.

It's coming, and it'll be here when it's ready. :)

P

Cheers Paul - hope you are feeling better

I'm holding out for your next release as opposed to doing the seperate mods, as I'm an Android virgin and have broken too many other things in the past, plus these mods arn't lief-or-death to me

Guest debs626

It's coming, and it'll be here when it's ready. :)

P

Awwwww that's good to hear (not the flu part) Hope your back to tip top health for the xmas festivities ;)

I was begining to wonder if Advent (on there recent visit) may have asked you to delay your efforts regarding the USB Host, maybe until after the Dock goes on sale. Obviously this mod will effect the Dock popularity as I personally don't see any use for it now I have Host enabled.

Guest marmankites
Awwwww that's good to hear (not the flu part) Hope your back to tip top health for the xmas festivities :)

I was begining to wonder if Advent (on there recent visit) may have asked you to delay your efforts regarding the USB Host, maybe until after the Dock goes on sale. Obviously this mod will effect the Dock popularity as I personally don't see any use for it now I have Host enabled.

The Dock will be powered? So will run all HDD, The usb host does not work with my WD passport drive, which is what I modded it for ;)