Step by step update guide

Guest rvdgeer

Guest simonta
I am stuck, thus seeking some help. I bought a Point of view TEGRA Mobii yesterday, which is said to be the exact same hardware as the Advent Vega. Today, I wanted to flash the new ROMs on it, but... the bloody thing is in USB Host mode and I can't find anything to switch it into slave. My host-PC thus won't connect to it... How do I switch it from host to slave?

I've checked the settings, but oddly enough I cannot find a setting there. I tried rebooting it several times, including trying to get it into recovery mode using power & back buttons, but it simply refuses to do start recovery. I'm out of options... any help is appreciated!

It WILL go into recovery, you need patience. There are several tips on here as well such as trying first without the charger plugged in.

Use this guide for driver installs.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-driver-guides/

If the Mobii doesn't give you any options to switch, then install the Advent stock ROM from myadventvega, then either Corvus ROM or mcr8 with Buzzing Bees kernel. Either will give you the ability to switch modes. The guide has everything you need to install, combined with the instructions in the posts for Corvus or Buzzing Bee.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest simonta
i cant find adb anywhere i have tried to install the software and i just get daemon started and nothing happens :)

What are you trying to install? adb-windows.exe is the same as adb.exe. Have you confirmed that you have Android ADB Interface in device manager in the class "Android Phone"?

• 2 months later...
Guest lionel joseph

Hi can anyone help, i have carried out the vega firmware update. then in device manager mine came up as Nvidia something (Not Harmony) anyway it's the right one but as soon as i power my vega on in debugging mode it finds it as a portable windows device and seems to auto assign a windows 2006 driver, which for the life of me i cannot replace, it keeps saying that the drivers from Pauls rom are not designed for 32 bit windows and asked for a different driver so i keep going round in circles.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers, putting my vega in recovery and reconnecting, will not work......really need help please....really want the market.

Thanks LJ

Guest lionel joseph

Sorry, don't know if this helps but it refers to the device as a portable device and a WPD file system volume driver???? and will not let me replace the driver in any way.

• 7 years later...
Guest Joseph Beaudet
On 12/23/2010 at 7:37 PM, Touch Graphite said:

An expected error is preventing the operation. Make a note of this error code, which might be useful if you get additional help to resolve this problem:

Error 0x80010135: Path too long

WdfCoInstaller01007.dll

Type: Application Extension

Date Modified: 25/11/2010 09:03

Size:1.42 MB

I've got the same issue with Error 0x80010135. To solve the problem use Longpathtool.
Works like magic.