Really big software problem with my Galaxy S

Guest ReiKo90

Guest ReiKo90

Hello,

I am using Android 2.1 on Samsung Galaxy S. Unfortunately I erased Android Market application via Titanium Backup. Now I don't have Android Marker and I don't have Calendar. Those two are pretty important to me.

In fact I did find Android Market and installed it but it just flashes and exits the application. Then I tried to install GTalk (as I heard they were connected and Android Market need GTalk to work properly) but GTalk also just flashes and quits.

It seems I need some Google App files that I erased. Is there way to get my Android Market and Calendar as everything else is working properly?

Also I have side-question:

Would upgrading to 2.2 solve anything? I mean I would get calendar and Android Market back? Does upgrading to Android 2.2 erases phonephonebook numbers (contacts) from your phone? (I don't have any numbers on my SIM). Does it erase music?

Thank you very much.

Guest ReiKo90
Hello,

I am using Android 2.1 on Samsung Galaxy S. Unfortunately I erased Android Market application via Titanium Backup. Now I don't have Android Marker and I don't have Calendar. Those two are pretty important to me.

In fact I did find Android Market and installed it but it just flashes and exits the application. Then I tried to install GTalk (as I heard they were connected and Android Market need GTalk to work properly) but GTalk also just flashes and quits.

It seems I need some Google App files that I erased. Is there way to get my Android Market and Calendar as everything else is working properly?

Also I have side-question:

Would upgrading to 2.2 solve anything? I mean I would get calendar and Android Market back? Does upgrading to Android 2.2 erases phonephonebook numbers (contacts) from your phone? (I don't have any numbers on my SIM). Does it erase music?

Thank you very much.

Ok, anyways I will MOD my Galaxy S. Only way I can get those apps back.

Thanks for help.