3 Network - Improved more than I thought possible

Guest dancemb

Guest dancemb

Just thought I would shine some praise on the previously awful 3 Network.

I signed my fiancee upto the 3 network, and as you get so many 3-3 network minutes, thought I would use there SIM-only deal, that gives you 1gb a month (more than any network)

I started using the SIM as soon as I put it into my phone, browsing the web with there 3G connection, and after I did some browsing, there was a text saying I have spent £6.03 on internet browsing! :)

With this, I called 3 customer services to complain about this, and the indian call centre was very pleasant, she sounded so clear it was almost like speaking to someone in england.

After I explained I get 1gb a month, she tried to call the people I bought it from in store, but she couldnt get hold of them at that time, but as the 1gb a month was not currently on my SIM, she applied it straight away, completly free of charge, and also applied a credit for the charges I should not have received from the start, and was very apologetic to me.

All in all, a friendly customer services, and a strong signal for both calling & browsing. Nice one 3, you are one of the best Networks I have known for quite some time! ;)

Guest spacecat46
Just thought I would shine some praise on the previously awful 3 Network.

I signed my fiancee upto the 3 network, and as you get so many 3-3 network minutes, thought I would use there SIM-only deal, that gives you 1gb a month (more than any network)

I started using the SIM as soon as I put it into my phone, browsing the web with there 3G connection, and after I did some browsing, there was a text saying I have spent £6.03 on internet browsing! :)

With this, I called 3 customer services to complain about this, and the indian call centre was very pleasant, she sounded so clear it was almost like speaking to someone in england.

After I explained I get 1gb a month, she tried to call the people I bought it from in store, but she couldnt get hold of them at that time, but as the 1gb a month was not currently on my SIM, she applied it straight away, completly free of charge, and also applied a credit for the charges I should not have received from the start, and was very apologetic to me.

All in all, a friendly customer services, and a strong signal for both calling & browsing. Nice one 3, you are one of the best Networks I have known for quite some time! ;)

You get an automatic 3gb allownce on tmobile with an android phone

whoah!!....do u have the voice calls +data or only data connection?

That's data only...

You can find some decent data only deals on 3, their ipad one isn't bad, I presume it would work with the steak,

I have one of their sims I've used as a spare when on vodafone, as I found I got reception with them where others failed.

I keep meaning to unlock my streak to test it in it, as I get full hspda on 3 at home..or one of those portable wifi routers they do

Edited by fards

Guest popetodd
Don't O2 have a fair use policy of 512mb?

I've only been hassled when I got over 3Gb but even then they didn't throttle me down.

I've had unlimited data with O2 for 3 years now so I fall outside the new rules.

Guest dancemb

The data only deal would not work for me, as I want calls and texts as well, as I would use the phone for every aspect, as opposed to just browsing, that is why 3gb would probably be too much, especially as I use the laptop or connect to wifi when at home.

I get the full HSPDA speeds, whether I am at home or at work several miles away, and being at home in the middle of nowhere, that is very impressive!

3 used to be awful a few years ago, but now, they seem to have THE best coverage, bigger chunk of internet allowance when most have 500mb (even though they claim to be unlimited) and the prices are very reasonable, if anyone has been worried about signing up, you should because you wont be disappointed!

Guest Stephen Hyde

vodacrap are worst for data they recently changed their tariffs to 500mb hard limit without telling users, suffice to say alot of people got out of contractss from it

I have 'Special Priviledges' that give me unlimited data with o2. :D :)

can you use those special priviledges to get my local antenna upgraded to 3G, and while you're at it the local exchange as LLU with o2 as well ;)

I'm in London and O2 licked major balls when I was on their network. Data would grind to a halt *completely* at peak times, and you could forget trying to even make a call at 7pm on a Friday.

Voda's limit does suck ass, but their service actually loads pages at all times - unlike O2's. I also tested T-Mobile's network and it was utter shite. Intrigued by 3 though - might have to give them a try.

Edited by raidet

Guest pompeyboyz
can you use those special priviledges to get my local antenna upgraded to 3G, and while you're at it the local exchange as LLU with o2 as well :)

Unfortunately I am not that well connected lol

Guest CharlieBareham

If you signed up to O2 before August time (roughly) you get unlimited data browsing. If you signed up after, in the new year its being dropped to 500mb.

Guest prawnballs
If you signed up to O2 before August time (roughly) you get unlimited data browsing. If you signed up after, in the new year its being dropped to 500mb.

got my streak in june and it was set up with unlimited data as a bolt on, this way they can change the limit whenever they like and there is nothing I can do as the bolt ons only run month to month

Guest dancemb
I'm in London and O2 licked major balls when I was on their network. Data would grind to a halt *completely* at peak times, and you could forget trying to even make a call at 7pm on a Friday.

Voda's limit does suck ass, but their service actually loads pages at all times - unlike O2's. I also tested T-Mobile's network and it was utter shite. Intrigued by 3 though - might have to give them a try.

I would definatly give them a try, with all the major players being the way they are, 3 have silently been improving and upgrading there network in the background. I used to deliberatly stay away from 3 as they used to be the worst, but now, its all good, fast browsing @ the full HS speeds where ever you are, inside or outside a building, with NO slowdown on the browsing speed, in a word, perfect! :)