08 Aug Gr15 GRJ22: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Nexus S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Chinpokomon
Not true! He had 2 Nexus S's. He will update this at some point.

You can download v2.3.4 for yourself (look on XDA). Install it via custom recovery. This will wipe the custom recovery off your phone. Install ROM manager and Superuser from the market after you've installed v2.3.4. You will then be able to download the necessary files within the apps. Both will deposit the files onto your SD card. Then install the recovery via fastboot and install the Superuser files via the recovery.

Hey presto! Nice clean rooted ROM!!!

Well, that's not quite the same as the MoDaCo ROM, now is it. I was hoping for a clean 2.3.3 -> 2.3.4 upgrade so I wouldn't have to backup/reinstall applications. I keep postponing doing the full wipe treatment, hoping that Paul will update this ROM, but I'm getting tired of pressing the "Install Later" button every time my phone wants me to update.

Guest Chicaned
Well, that's not quite the same as the MoDaCo ROM, now is it. I was hoping for a clean 2.3.3 -> 2.3.4 upgrade so I wouldn't have to backup/reinstall applications. I keep postponing doing the full wipe treatment, hoping that Paul will update this ROM, but I'm getting tired of pressing the "Install Later" button every time my phone wants me to update.

I get bored ;-)

Guest RemoteSojourner

Got tired of waiting and moved to Stock ROM. With HTC Hero, I kept switching to custom ROMS because they are the one who provide updates first but with Nexus S I realise it's best to stick to stock ROM (rooted of course) as the benefits provided by custom ROMS are not that great and stock always gets updated first.

Guest Nasser AbuTaleb

guys hold on, paul has already said that its coming....give him sometime, we are all waiting as am i.....

thanks again paul for the great work :P

Guest arunshen
guys hold on, paul has already said that its coming....give him sometime, we are all waiting as am i.....

thanks again paul for the great work :P

yes, he said that on May 6, the longer this goes on the less likely it becomes.

Guest countrylad
yes, he said that on May 6, the longer this goes on the less likely it becomes.

I realise Paul has a lot of devices to support, and the NS isn't the most popular of them - I'm just getting fed-up of hitting 'install later' about ten times a day. Don't want to move away from MCR though.

Guest lovelymanmk
I realise Paul has a lot of devices to support, and the NS isn't the most popular of them - I'm just getting fed-up of hitting 'install later' about ten times a day. Don't want to move away from MCR though.

+1

Guest Nasser AbuTaleb

damn it, does this mean we should all go back to stock roms? or just buy new phones, im sure paul has a plan or else he would have told us that the next update isnt coming, i also keep on hitting install later, maybe in his next update he can make it that we can install the next updates???

any thoughts?

Guest terminato

Still no feedback from Paul - would be helpful if you say something to the upgrade. Zero communication does confuse all of us.

Guest wutang01

If any of you guys are interested, I've moved to http://renandroid.com

I was also getting irritated by pressing Install Later multiple times a day.

Pretty damn good ROM, good kernel, awesome battery life.

Edited by wutang01

Guest dreisus

I did too. i removed their launcher and just added the gingerbread launcher from the market. also the new trinity kernel is great on it.

Guest lovelymanmk

Because of Arabic Support, this rom and Cyanogen's are the prefect one for me and many others (like me). So, we hope Paul will issue the update... At the same time I can say even Cyanogen hasn't fully updated to 2.3.4 with video gtalk. This gives us some hope :D

Guest Akarim47

waiting for the update since May 6 and up now nothing. I hate to move to other roms, I just love the MCR on the nexus s but it's time to move on as I did with my htc desire.

Guest Mr.Clark
If any of you guys are interested, I've moved to http://renandroid.com

I was also getting irritated by pressing Install Later multiple times a day.

Pretty damn good ROM, good kernel, awesome battery life.

I've had several FCs on this, mainly with the Amazon MP3 player. The last time, it locked up the whole phone and i had do do a battery pull. When it came back up, it had lost one of the Google accounts on the phone and the Google Authenticator app is now producing duff codes.

I like the concept, but I'm going to have to revert back to a Cyanogen nightly for the moment...

Guest countrylad

Well, I hate to say it, but I've finally abandoned Modaco ROM. CM7 now installed. It doesn't have 2.3.4 yet, but at least the devs have said it's coming and there's more resource in the CM community to make me think it will be sooner rather than later.

It's my first go on Cyanogen Mod and I really rather like it.

Adios.