08 Aug Gr15 GRJ22: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Nexus S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ascito

@Paul

Hi mate, I have installed your rom via ROM Manager, by selecting sd installation option and by wiping before installing it, always through ROM MAmager dialogue window. Everything seems to be fine but HSPA icon differentiation ('H' icon when transferring data via HSPA). I alway have 3G, but I know I should get an H since I'm covered by the HSPA service. How does it come?

Guest Matchstick

Before getting a Nexus S I was playing with the Oxygen Gingerbread ROM on the HTC Desire and it has a very nice feature on the widget select pop-up where it collapses multiple versions of the same widget into a sub-menu so that they don't clutter up the widget menu.

Is this something that can be added into the Nexus S MCR ROM ?

Also is there a version of the Gingerbread calendar app that allow selecting which day the week starts (rather than forcing it to Monday) and has an option for calendar alarms to go off at the actual time rather than x minutes before ?

Thanks

Guest Chicaned
Changelog

r4 10/Jan

• MCK (MoDaCo Custom Kernel) 1.0
  • TUN and CIFS modules
  • The ROM now uses seperate fingerprints for checkin and market

What's in the Modaco custom kernel??? Sound interesting :D

At the moment, the only changes are adding the TUN and CIFS modules and a couple of config tweaks. Going forward though, I will be trying out various tuning options to see what we can achieve. :D

P

Guest Chicaned
At the moment, the only changes are adding the TUN and CIFS modules and a couple of config tweaks. Going forward though, I will be trying out various tuning options to see what we can achieve. :D

P

Good stuff! I'll do a wipe and give it a test tonight.

Guest ryan562

greetings paul, just flashed your latest rom r4 over r3. so far so good. only problem when trying to run quadrant is that it crashes or just stops when it hits the 2d/3d test part. score never comes up,. tried several times including reinstalling quadrant. this never happened before.

btw, what improvements does the custom kernel bring about?

at any rate, thanks again for your hard work and am a big fan of your roms. i will be testing out this rom tomorrow at work i.e. battery bluetooth, etc etc.

thanks,

Ryan

Quadrant isn't fully GB friendly yet! Keep trying and it will eventually benchmark (it's what i'm using).

Custom Kernel is just CIFS and TUN atm... more to come.

STK to follow too.

P

Guest ryan562
Quadrant isn't fully GB friendly yet! Keep trying and it will eventually benchmark (it's what i'm using).

Custom Kernel is just CIFS and TUN atm... more to come.

STK to follow too.

P

cool, thanks for the quick reply! can't wait to see what you've got in store for that kernel in the future :D

@ Paul

one question, even if not related to the ROM itself but to an application in the kitchen: I was not able to create an update.zip file of my application. I signed it with zipsigner as suggested by Titanium backup, but when I try to flash it via Clockwork Recovery, it gives an error of compatibilty, not sure if related to the signing operation and gingerbread, but I can't flash my back up.

Can You sugget me a solution to have it working?

THX!

BTW the rom runs fine!

Edited by ascito

@ Paul

one question, even if not related to the ROM itself but to an application in the kitchen: I was not able to create an update.zip file of my application. I signed it with zipsigner as suggested by Titanium backup, but when I try to flash it via Clockwork Recovery, it gives an error of compatibilty, not sure if related to the signing operation and gingerbread, but I can't flash my back up.

Can You sugget me a solution to have it working?

THX!

BTW the rom runs fine!

You don't need to sign ZIPs to use with CWM, so that's not the issue.

P

You don't need to sign ZIPs to use with CWM, so that's not the issue.

P

@Paul

Uhm, yes of course, CWM doesn't need the zip to be signed. I have tried right now, first to back up all my apps, and than to create an update.zip. Well, whatever apps I have to back up, I always get an update.zip file of 1.17 MB that, once I try to flash it via CWM, it gives me an error and it won't install. Please, if you can, would you verify this function since it would be very useful?

THX!

Edited by ascito

I'm confused what you mean... :D

Where are you creating the zip?

P

@Paul

LOL...Sorry I try to explane it better...

With Titanium Back up you can create an update.zip file of your application, that can be flashed via CWR.

I tried to do it, each time with a different ammount of applications. The result is always an update.zip file of about 1.17 Mb that, when I try to flash via CWR gives me the following error report:

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was deprecated by google in Android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the CWR 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater--script and update binary) to create a working update zip packages.

Installation aborted.

Edited by ascito

Sounds like a Titanium problem rather than a ROM problem tbh?

P

Right! I've posted a question to Titanium Backup devs right a moment ago!

I will keep you informed.

:D