08 Aug Gr15 GRJ22: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Nexus S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AndiTails

Not sure if relevant, but I upgraded from r9 with TweetDeck Appearance Pack to r10 (also with pack), and TweetDeck disappeared on the first boot.

I had to reinstall from the Market.

Then once setup, I rebooted to enable the 'look', and it lost all its settings...

Only app I had an issue with. Wasn't sure if the TDAP perhaps broke something?

Seems ok now though.

Guest bubbahump
Damn, must learn to read rather than skim. :lol:

How odd, i'll look into that. In the meantime, enable USB debugging. :)

P

Thanks for looking into it Paul (and Andi for confirming). As a workaround I've removed the Modaco reboot apk. This makes the reboot option do nothing, and keeps the wife from asking me what USB Debugging means when she plugs in her phone. :)

Guest Phillip McMahon
Noted, I'll look into it!

P

i have the same issue. i reported it a couple of pages back.

i also get the reboot when first using the market place application. this always happens.

i also get reboots on application updates. not all the time but it is something i have never experienced until now at all.

phill

Guest objecttothis
i have the same issue. i reported it a couple of pages back.

i also get the reboot when first using the market place application. this always happens.

i also get reboots on application updates. not all the time but it is something i have never experienced until now at all.

phill

I've noticed the phone rebooting at strange times as well. For some reason I thought it was a feature that it rebooted after upgrading an app.

Also, is anyone else having problems with the orientation after upgrading to R10? Mine stopped reorienting the screen sideways on the google navigation after upgrade to 10.

Guest objecttothis

It looks like the answer/reject sliders are incorrectly oriented when receiving a call while on another call. I think they are OK when receiving a call and not on another call.

Guest Dope M.S.R.

Hey Paul,

I wanted to let you know that on r6 I was able to see the apps in the market without the patched GBH55 build.prop.

Well I finally updated to r10 since the fix for the sms came out. I did not use the patched build.prop as I figured since with the new market out officially it must had fix the issue somehow...

anyways, the first thing I check was my G4 app in the market to see if it was still there. sure enough it wasnt.

So I decided to compare your unmod r6 build.prop to the r10. I played the lets see if this works game... fun right.

anyways all i mainly did was with the unmodified GBH78C is this:

ro.build.description=soju-user 2.3.2 GRH78C 93600 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprintforcheckin=google/soju/crespo:2.3.2/GRH78C/93600:user/release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=google/soju/crespo:2.3.1/GRH78/85442:user/release-keys
I was hoping this would have fixed it for myself but saddly it did not. this was from my r6 unmodified build.prop just to show ya:
ro.build.description=soju-user 2.3.1 GRH78 85442 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprintforcheckin=google/soju/crespo:2.3.1/GRH78/85442:user/release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=google/soju/crespo:2.3.1/GRH78/85442:user/release-keys

Not sure why this happened all of a sudden and why my fix did not do the work around. I am going to run the build.prop patch of GRH55 and see what happens tomorrow. I know i will only be modifying the line ro.build.fingerprint=.

Thx again for more great work Paul!!!

Guest monkeydrufy
For those with the 'crash on Market download issue', could you try 'clearing data' in Settings -> Applications for the Market / Vending app?

P

On market i can only delete cache

on market feedback agent I can delete both data and cache

which one I have to delete?

I have also another issue, often it show crash on "com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox"

thanks

Edited by monkeydrufy

For those with the 'crash on Market download issue', could you try 'clearing data' in Settings -> Applications for the Market / Vending app?

P

I haven't had the reboot after upgrade to r10 but I am getting sms failures now? Probably google 's bug fix that's causing sms failures?

Edited by OBiJR

Guest richrach
On market i can only delete cache

on market feedback agent I can delete both data and cache

which one I have to delete?

I have also another issue, often it show crash on "com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox"

thanks

waiting for an answer as well

I am also experiencing random reboots (usually after market updating an app)

Also, anyone else noticed market network speed slow at times, or hanging?

Cheers,

phrag

Guest gammadeltasigma
Hey Paul,

Any idea why we are having the market issue with this rom ?. I wonder if we can push the apps we don't see from http://market.android.com. Anyone want to give it a try? I don't have MCR running right now.

The issue is with R10 "GRH55 fingerprint": if you try with r10 (default options, without MoDaCo additions) the issue diappear

Guest IntoTheVoid
The issue is with R10 "GRH55 fingerprint": if you try with r10 (default options, without MoDaCo additions) the issue diappear

Oh ok I will try that out. I have tried it with and without the fingerprint option but I also had other stuff selected from the kitchen. I will try the pre baked roms and see if that makes a difference.

Guest Killer X

Hi Paul,

Thks for your great work.

I don't have any major issue, but wanted to know if it was possible to make a gprs or 3G native video call? like on the samsung galaxy S, because I didn't find a "call with video" button.

Do you plan to introduce that in the rom?

thank you for all.

Franck

Guest objecttothis

Paul, is there any way of getting rid of the extra nag screen on the long press for shutting down and restarting the phone? Typically the only reason I would think that folks would want to do a different kind of restart besides a general restart of the phone, they could just use the ROM update utility. The extra shut down nag screen doesn't make sense to me since all it seems to be doing is acting as a prevention against accidental shutdown of the phone, but it already takes unlocking the phone and two functions (long press and specific tapping) to shut it down so it seems kind of redundant.

Guest gammadeltasigma
Update! :P

P

Changelog

r11 24/Jan

• Re-optimised with improved MCR process
  • Updated Maps
  • Restored version information in 'about' screen

Many tanks Paul: if i update from R10, wipe is necessary?

GDS