08 Aug Gr15 GRJ22: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Nexus S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest objecttothis

Has anyone else had trouble with Google maps navigation in r6?

Mine was working in r3 but after upgrading it sits on the "finding driving directions" screen until you exit out then gives you a force close error. I tried downloading the latest Google maps from the market but that didn't change anything.

Guest ryan562
Hi Paul,

after playing with the teamwhisky rom a while I switched back to yours (way more reliable ...). BUT after flashing r6 (clean, with wipe etc.) I cannot reboot into my recovery rom. Just to make sure I started the ROM manager and installed the lates recovery (3.0.0.5) and used the option start from there into recovery I always get the "Google" and the unlocked padlock - then the only way to boot it up is taking out the battery. Any hints what went wrong? Thanks in advance!

Christian

i thought i was the only one with this problem. i can't seem to get in to clockwork recovery any more either. it worked for me on modaco r2, 3, 4 5, etc roms but not on r6. i even tried to revert back to a previous clockwork recovery such as 3.0.0.0 and still can't seem to get past the google boot screen with padlock open. other than that r6 is as smooth as butter and battery life has been crazy good.

update: instead of using clockwork/rom manager and the "start in to recovery" option, i tried the" flash rom from sd card" option and flashed r6 over again. this seems to work as i'm now able to get in to recovery using 3.0.0.5. perhaps you need to try to reflash r6 again for clockwork to regain its function.

Edited by ryan562

Guest objecttothis
Has anyone else had trouble with Google maps navigation in r6?

Mine was working in r3 but after upgrading it sits on the "finding driving directions" screen until you exit out then gives you a force close error. I tried downloading the latest Google maps from the market but that didn't change anything.

Paul, et al-

I figured out what was causing my problem. I used the online kitchen and unchecked TTS (Text-to-Speech) which aparently the latest version of google maps navigation uses (which you have in R6). Perhaps you could add a note to the online kitchen under Text-to-Speech to warn people not to uncheck it if they want google navigation to work.

Paul, et al-

I figured out what was causing my problem. I used the online kitchen and unchecked TTS (Text-to-Speech) which aparently the latest version of google maps navigation uses (which you have in R6). Perhaps you could add a note to the online kitchen under Text-to-Speech to warn people not to uncheck it if they want google navigation to work.

Ah, better to remove that option I think for r7. ;)

P

Guest Chicaned
Updated!

Kitchen online, prebakes uploading.

P

Changelog

r7 14/Jan

• Reboot option on power menu fixes
  • Updated Android Market (more 'gingerbready' icons)

Ah, with all these updates you're really spoiling us ;)

Guest Brodie Berlin
update: instead of using clockwork/rom manager and the "start in to recovery" option, i tried the" flash rom from sd card" option and flashed r6 over again. this seems to work as i'm now able to get in to recovery using 3.0.0.5. perhaps you need to try to reflash r6 again for clockwork to regain its function.

thats the problem: whatever option I try in the rom manager - I'm always stucked with the padlock open. I guess I've to do the whole thing via adb

Guest retaliatior

My fix...

• Uninstall your current installed version of AdFree
    check

• Download this APK file
    check

• Push / copy the file to /system/app/
    check with rootexplorer

How can I start the app, I don't see anymore the icon in the applist, because of the uninstall?

Guest retaliatior
Open root explorer, make sure the /system/app is mounted as /rw then adb push the apk. That should do it.

I did it again:

Make the folder Mount R/W and, after moving the file, I mount the folder R/O. Then , I did a reboot but all stay the same.

Maybe it is of CM7?

Guest retaliatior
No... you uninstalled the old version right?

P

First I uninstalled on the usual manner. After a bad try with the new adfree I did a install and uninstalled after that with titanium.

Guest retaliatior
yeah but Dutch (NL) is not included by default... not yet anyway ;)

Sorry, I have Dutch language on all the ROM's I've installed since early 2010.

Guest Mr.Clark
By request...

P

rebootoptions1.pngrebootoptions2.png

I realise this is a noob question from someone who's never flashed an Android ROM, but there's no way to activate or install that on stock is there?

I've rooted it, but I'm not quite ready for forsaking the whole "clean Google experience" that made me buy the Nexus S in the first place...

I'm having trouble with accessing r8 through the load balancer. I get a 302 on the mirrors and it keeps forwarding back to the captcha. I know i'm not entering it incorrectly because my history is full of entries for each romraid mirror. Hope I can get a copy of r8 soon!

Thanks

Guest ryan562
thats the problem: whatever option I try in the rom manager - I'm always stucked with the padlock open. I guess I've to do the whole thing via adb

I checked the xda forum on the modaco nexus s thread and found two others with the same issue. Adb push of cw recovery , wipe, reflash r6 should do the trick.

Guest monkeydrufy
Hi guys,

I have a bad issue

When I open some app, like ADVERTISING SPAM or market, the nexus reboot often

guys I have still the issue with r8

any way to fix?