08 Aug Gr15 GRJ22: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Nexus S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest objecttothis
Cannot use the downloader without donating? How corny is that?

So, I started using Paul's ROM because it was good and he does have the disclaimer that he won't update the ROM forever so I don't feel that Paul has wronged me by not updating the ROM since last December however I switched over to Cyanogenmod because it is being updated nightly and I won't ever donate for the use of the Online Kitchen for another Modaco device again.

Paul, if I could recommend changing your system I think moving to a platform that allowed people to donate to the great product you provide but didn't require them too. Even though you're clear about not continuing to update it still leaves people with a bad taste in their mouth when just a few months after donating you stop updating a ROM.

Guest Kesey

Paul - The least you can do is offer some sort of response. Why leave people hanging when a simple "I'm not longer supporting the Nexus S" would do?

Very disrespectful, especially to people who have donated.

Guest arunshen
Paul - The least you can do is offer some sort of response. Why leave people hanging when a simple "I'm not longer supporting the Nexus S" would do?

Very disrespectful, especially to people who have donated.

+1, although he hasn't responded to ANY forum messages since his "watch this space, update coming soon" in early May

• 2 weeks later...
Guest areicko
+1, although he hasn't responded to ANY forum messages since his "watch this space, update coming soon" in early May

I do agree, it would be nice to be able to tweak the last rom... I've the feeling that I've been screewed up...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lovelymanmk

Ok, after trying many 2.3.4 ROMs, I'll get back to this one untill google release Arabic support. Only then I'll unroot my phone, lock it again, and get back to original stock phone. I hope it would be soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Provolino

Thanks Paul, but I don't understand your release at this time.

MCR is a great work but it doesn't seem to be at step with the times, not anymore.

You released GR15 (based on 2.3.4) after a very very long time (2.3.4 has been out for several months) when 2.3.5 is out by now and Cyanogen is using it since the day after Google release.

What's the purpose of all this?

It would have been better if GR15 had been released based on 2.3.5, otherwise it was born already old and doesn't justify all the delay from GR14 to the users eyes.

Sorry Paul, I loved your MCR on my Nexus S but it's time to go over for a rom with better and more regular support (I'm talking about Cyanogen, you know).

Hope to change my mind, sooner or later.

Edited by Provolino

Guest lovelymanmk

Thaaaaanx a lot. A question though, I know using the new radio xd1 is recommended. However, I found it less in speed than older one xb3. Is there any harm of keeping the old radio for this new update?

Thanks Paul, but I don't understand your release at this time.

MCR is a great work but it doesn't seem to be at step with the times, not anymore.

You released GR15 (based on 2.3.4) after a very very long time (2.3.4 has been out for several months) when 2.3.5 is out by now and Cyanogen is using it since the day after Google release.

What's the purpose of all this?

It would have been better if GR15 had been released based on 2.3.5, otherwise it was born already old and doesn't justify all the delay from GR14 to the users eyes.

Sorry Paul, I loved your MCR on my Nexus S but it's time to go over for a rom with better and more regular support (I'm talking about Cyanogen, you know).

Hope to change my mind, sooner or later.

It's simply a case of 'I want to run the latest release' on my Nexus S, and the latest release for the non 4G Nexus S unit as i understand it is 2.3.4. I'll update to 2.3.5 when it rolls OTA to the main Nexus S devices...?

P

Thaaaaanx a lot. A question though, I know using the new radio xd1 is recommended. However, I found it less in speed than older one xb3. Is there any harm of keeping the old radio for this new update?

If you find XB3 works for you, use that. :)

P

• 1 month later...
Guest Ramon Dexter

If you find the update notifications annoying, just install it. The update wont install > remove battery > turn on. The notifications are gone.

Guest IntoTheVoid

If you find the update notifications annoying, just install it. The update wont install > remove battery > turn on. The notifications are gone.

Yeah thanks. I did that already. Hopefully Paul continues to update this though. Or let's us know if he has stop the support for it until the Nexus Prime comes out.

Edited by IntoTheVoid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...