[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest paskaapaskaa
Or download the update.zip of 2.5.1.8 and use 3.0.0.5 to install that....

Ok thanks, that makes it a lot easier. How about the backups i've done with 3.0.0.5 (or the earlier version I had before updating to 3.0.0.5). Can i still use them after downgrading to 2.5.1.8.

If I have got Recovery-RA-blade-v2.2.1.img how I can install recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-blade.img?

I can use fastboot to install it or I have to use update if yest how, because instruction on the first page is not clear.

Guest Sebastian404
Ok thanks, that makes it a lot easier. How about the backups i've done with 3.0.0.5 (or the earlier version I had before updating to 3.0.0.5). Can i still use them after downgrading to 2.5.1.8.

in theory they are the same, I've used 3.0.0.5 to restore backups made on 2.5.1.8 so I cant see why not....

Nandroid is a standard, so it should be all the same... you can even take backups made with RA_Recovery and restore them, assuming you move the directories around

Guest Sebastian404
If I have got Recovery-RA-blade-v2.2.1.img how I can install recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-blade.img?

I can use fastboot to install it or I have to use update if yest how, because instruction on the first page is not clear.

Use the update-signed.zip file, install it as you would a custom firmware.. when you reboot it will of replaced RA_Recovery with clockwork.

I'm relatively new to android, had my blade for a month now.. and loving it!

I've searched for the answer to this but can't find a definitive one so...

I'm not 100 sure how CW backups are made..

I have a CW backup of my FLB install which was on a smaller system partition (128mb),

i then reflashed to standard partition sizing to try out CM6.1 - which is nice but seems a bit heavy on battery.

If i restore the FLB backup will it also repartition as well.. or do i need to TPT an image with the smaller

system partition before i can restore my FLB backup?

Guest lazyliam

stupid question but where do i download the following update.zip method

If you have a previous version or another recovery install, install the update.zip and restart your device.

This no longer seems to work with ROM Manager, with my previous Clockwork I could select backup/restore etc from ROM Manager and it went into clockwork and did its stuff. On this version it reboots, shows a rom manager tophat but then simply reboots back into android.

Guest Sebastian404
I'm relatively new to android, had my blade for a month now.. and loving it!

I've searched for the answer to this but can't find a definitive one so...

I'm not 100 sure how CW backups are made..

I have a CW backup of my FLB install which was on a smaller system partition (128mb),

i then reflashed to standard partition sizing to try out CM6.1 - which is nice but seems a bit heavy on battery.

If i restore the FLB backup will it also repartition as well.. or do i need to TPT an image with the smaller

system partition before i can restore my FLB backup?

You will need to restore your partition sizes back to what they where really... best way to be sure

Guest Sebastian404
sprry ignore the last stupid questino how do i determine which clockwork model im using

It should say the version somewhere on screen when you boot it up... at the top.. or bottom.... (depending on the version)

Guest Sebastian404
This no longer seems to work with ROM Manager, with my previous Clockwork I could select backup/restore etc from ROM Manager and it went into clockwork and did its stuff. On this version it reboots, shows a rom manager tophat but then simply reboots back into android.

Hmm, I'm fairly sure I tested it... but can you check /cache/recovery and see if theres log file in there, and post the contents here?

Guest spinozagr

Hello.

May I ask which version I have to install about Jellifish RLS9?

* recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-blade.img - MD5: 24e5f51e0541c865f6b3232f30a0e6ee

* recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-blade-update_signed.zip - MD5: 40596c7e7aedba0c4c46aa28eba9401c

* recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-x880.img - MD5: 99ab473560964942c8189e12eb553afc

* recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-x880-update_signed.zip - MD5: 626509ed8ee4aa99fa11e9daf7c9c53e

* recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade.img - MD5: cae9935b88359dc96859d39f20d8a821

* recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade-update_signed.zip - MD5: 588510234e7ae7724257c7cfa828dc65

Guest robinhud2010
Downloads:

[*]recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-blade.img - MD5: 24e5f51e0541c865f6b3232f30a0e6ee

[*]recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-blade-update_signed.zip - MD5: 40596c7e7aedba0c4c46aa28eba9401c

[*]recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-x880.img - MD5: 99ab473560964942c8189e12eb553afc

[*]recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-x880-update_signed.zip - MD5: 626509ed8ee4aa99fa11e9daf7c9c53e

OK, I'm a complete newbie. So which one do I download and install?

Guest vareBlade
OK, I'm a complete newbie. So which one do I download and install?

get this one and install it through fastboot or recovery manager

Guest robinhud2010
get this one and install it through fastboot or recovery manager

Thanks m8 but it looks like I won't be installing it coz apparently JJ rls9 rom isn't compatible with v3.005.

Guest vareBlade
Thanks m8 but it looks like I won't be installing it coz apparently JJ rls9 rom isn't compatible with v3.005.

i installed JJr9 with this recovery :P

or at least thats what i remember

Edited by vareBlade

Guest targetbsp

I seem to recall reading someone saying that it won't install the addons (as opposed the rom itself) for JJ. I don't know how accurate that is as I'm still using clock work 2.5.1.8. I'd be happy to told that's wrong though because it's the only thing stopping me put v3 on! Just in case JJ does get another update.

Guest jorgen41

The methods dont seem to work on later Blades None of the methods works on my blade..

Method : Vol+ / Power = Fail (Booting and holding vol+ is disabled)

Method : Vol+ / Power / Menu = Fail (Booting and holding vol+ is disabled)

Method : Using ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.29b (The "new" method for later Blades) = Fail (You can install Clockwork but if you use :

recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade.img = If you select anything in the menu and press menu the screen goes dark and nothing happens cant even reboot.

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-blade.img = If you select anything in the menu and press menu a hat comes up and nothing happens cant even reboot.

Guest leszekpap

question - recovery I had installed and worked beautifully,I updated 2.5.1.8 to 3.0.0.5 and on ... Now when you enter the recovery probably hangs .. ie I am an android, and still nothing happens.

phone is normally starting ... but when I wants to get into recovery is hanging.

what to do?

Guest vareBlade
question - recovery I had installed and worked beautifully,I updated 2.5.1.8 to 3.0.0.5 and on ... Now when you enter the recovery probably hangs .. ie I am an android, and still nothing happens.

phone is normally starting ... but when I wants to get into recovery is hanging.

what to do?

Try installing it again, make sure you check the md5 of the file you are going to install and the md5 that Seb404 provides in the first post (if they match you are ok, if they dont then the file is probably damaged).

Guest Sebastian404
The methods dont seem to work on later Blades None of the methods works on my blade..

Method : Vol+ / Power = Fail (Booting and holding vol+ is disabled)

Method : Vol+ / Power / Menu = Fail (Booting and holding vol+ is disabled)

Method : Using ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.29b (The "new" method for later Blades) = Fail (You can install Clockwork but if you use :

recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade.img = If you select anything in the menu and press menu the screen goes dark and nothing happens cant even reboot.

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-blade.img = If you select anything in the menu and press menu a hat comes up and nothing happens cant even reboot.

Its not the menu button you press, its home......