[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest dj_pirtu
I'm getting pissed off cause my Blade dont like Clockwork 2.5.0.9/2.5.1.3/2.5.1.8 versions at all, endless boot loop. 3.0.0.6 works well but cant install any addons with that. Same thing with fastboot or recovery manager. What next?

Anybody?

Guest dj_pirtu
you cant install addons?

No, i cant, because Clockwork 3.0.0.6 doesn't like old-style scripts and any of the older clockwork versions wont work. Endless boot loop.

Edited by dj_pirtu

Guest RedSoup

I currently have ClockwordMod 2.5.0.9

Do I install this like it's a new rom or do I use the sdcard:update.zip and rename it to update.zip?

I'm a quite a noob so any help would be much appreciated.

Guest StevenHarperUK
I currently have ClockwordMod 2.5.0.9

Do I install this like it's a new rom or do I use the sdcard:update.zip and rename it to update.zip?

I'm a quite a noob so any help would be much appreciated.

Just install the ZIP version by (in clockwork) picking the Install ZIp > Choose zip

OR

Install Recovery Manager and use the Install Recovery Command

Guest Stevvie

Is there an easy way to convert a file from Amend scripting to the new way ?

I have used http://circle.glx.nl/ to create a circle battery mod using the frameworkres.apk from flibblesan's great rom FLB-Froyo G2, but it uses Amend scripting.

I've been using Android commander to push the frameworkres.apk in clockwork mode, which works but is a little more time consuming :huh:

Guest BigD18t

3.0.0.6 doesnt work for me, it'll backup and install roms fine, but it wont restore my backups, just flashes them as a basic rom which is bloody anoying as i then have to redo everything , flashing back to 3.0.0.5 again.

Guest toge64

Erm OK, I decided to have a play around with Honeycomb.

I did a nandroid backup with 3.0.0.5 and had my 10mins of fun.

I just tried to do a recovery and it gave me a MD5 mismatch, even though I just did the backup 20 mins ago. Is there a way of using fastboot to force a 2.2 ROM flash through using my PC? I am stuck on a pretty useless Honeycomb ROM now. :(

The backup is in a folder called "2011-03-03.23.28.28"

edit: I am also triply screwed because I can't access my SD card within Honeycomb because it doesn't support it.

Argh.

Edited by toge64

Guest jonathan bowley
you cant install addons?

having the same issue. 3.0.0.6 installs CM7 fine, but won't install Gapps. in fact, none of the recovery versions i've tried will install Gapps.

it's irritating that there are no answers around. heh.

Guest aidey2711

hi guys.

Anyone got any idea why when i press the vol up and reboot my phone doesnt go to the boot manager??.

Edited by aidey2711

Guest Sebastian404
hi guys.

Anyone got any idea why when i press the vol up and reboot my phone doesnt go to the boot manager??.

because your pressing vol up? its vol down you need to hold while booting.......

Guest aidey2711
because your pressing vol up? its vol down you need to hold while booting.......

Thanks Seb for your reply.

Sorry probably didn't explain very well. i was trying to unlock the full 500 meg memory at the time, you have to turn on with the vol up and menu pressed, must have tried ten times didn't have it, but then lo and behold tried a few hours later and worked first time.

Now have it done with jj9 on it and works great thanks to all your guys hard work.

Thanks again.

Edited by aidey2711

Guest Sebastian404
Seb, I know you can't be bothered with it, but any hope for getting the new builds of CWM, like 3.0.1.4, or such?

Oh, I'll grab the latest update and build them

Guest Android Newbie
I managed to find the thread that you need to unlock your device...

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...locking-powers/

I have tried to install ClockMod Recovery 3.0.0.6.

but I am totally stuck with Android logo and when I flash CMR a small android name appear but on an upside down position.

I followed all the threads to

install zip

choose zip

reboot without sim card & micro sd card.

it won't work at all...

I also have tried USB mount. It says no file directory. I am stuck for 3 days already. my gooseneck...

I have tried to fastboot but it gives me an error message on my windows7.

btw I have got a zte blade 2.1 (Base lutea)

please please could someone help me =(

Guest burstlam

bug report for 3.0.1.4

1. during the reading/writing process (INSTALL ZIP / NANDROID), screen keep flashing with the normal and 180 degree rotated image...

2. only excessive no no .. yes ... no inside the menu of intall zip is fix. the wipe cache option was left unfixed.

btw. the other cwm 3.0.1.4 found in the XDA forum have "SD EXT fix", would that be possible that it will be an add-in option in upcoming fix release?

indeed, I notice that this version has speedup in doing nandroid backup.

anyway, THX for yr effort.

Edited by burstlam

Guest Graham1
bug report for 3.0.1.4

1. during the reading/writing process (INSTALL ZIP / NANDROID), screen keep flashing with the normal and 180 degree rotated image...

I can confirm this having also updated to 3.0.1.4.

:D

Guest Sebastian404
Just out of interest seb, how does your 3.0.1.4 compare to the one that's just come out of rom manager?

Well it wont be identical, I have my own build system using a script that builds it for all of the devices I support.... but it should have the same features as the 'offical' one...