[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest solidchips

Try replacing the kernel zImage in a more recent clockworkmod with the one from your rom's boot.img & repacking it.

Thanks, will give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bill Brownle

My phone is a ZTE P729B with an orange B08 ROM

I cannot get into recovery boot with Vol- and power on - phone gets into a recycle droid image loop.

I have tried to change the ROM with Recovery Manager App - again all goes Ok, but the ROM does not instal and reverts to the Orange B08 ROM on auto reboot.

I am not an expert on Linux and need help please. How can I remove the Orange B08 ROM and instal Cyanogen or a similar custom ROM?

Thanks, Bill

can i install the latest 4.0.1.4 version on my blade gen2 which i find here:

http://android.podtwo.com/recovery.php?device=blade

?

since there is no guide that talks about this version/update, i'm afraid to brick my phone if i install it (i'm a total noob)! right now i have 3.0.2.8, which is the last version in the first post of this thread.

thanks

Guest sej7278

does anyone know why "make recoveryzip" from cm7 sources makes a flashable recovery zip ok, but it seems it only upgrades the existing recovery files, it doesn't install the kernel or format the partition etc?

in fact the code comments actually say it just replaces the stock recovery (in fact it can replace cwm 2.5 and 3.0 as well).

seb's ones on his website seem to be a totally different format - i.e. they're the 3.7mb recovery.img with an updater-script that formats and installs a complete recovery, which seems like a more useful way of doing it, otherwise with cm7 you've got to install the recovery.img using fastboot or whatever, and then install the flashable zip.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Stan464

Sorry for thread hi-jacking, but im having some strange issues when trying to get clockwork on my phone.

i install it with recovery Manager, and everytime i try to make a rom backup, it says "Install a custom recovery" which i already have. and sometimes it will just go to a blank page and do nothing.

It's already Rooted with Z4 Root Found on the forum.

Thanks All :)

Edited by Stan464

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest installero

Did you look in the known issues list? it even tells you how to fix that...,

Can you please help me finding the "known issues" section? There is nothing about it in the first post. A link would be great!

I have the same problem with "unable to open lunfile" error :(