[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Frankish

Love the colours for the newest versions. Very nice. Had to update all my theme .zips with a new updater-script and update-binary to make it work though ;)

Its using the exact same kernal as 2.5.1.8, I've not been able to build the 2.6.32 kernel and have enough space left over to fit the recovery filesystem in... the froyo based devices have a large boot/recovery partition for a reason...

I'm playing with 2.5.1.8 so I don't know if that makes a difference, but the 2.6.32 kernel fits fine. You should be able to remove some stuff to get the size down if necessary, but I haven't (in fact I added ext4 on top of the the default config).

Reboot for some reason wouldn't work for me with 2.6.32, so I couldn't do 'reboot recovery' during start-up to get the keypad recognised. It looks like a better solution is to turn off CONFIG_ZTE_FTM_FLAG_SUPPORT. Then you don't need to reboot to get the keypad working, it just works. Is there any reason for the FTM flag?

With FTM_FLAG off it gets a kernel oops (but doesn't crash) related to /sys/devices/platform/android_usb/functions/ftm_mode. I think that should be easy to fix. Another alternative to fix the keypad missing issue would be to remove the bit in board-zte-blade-keypad.c in the __init mooncake_init_keypad function that returns 0 if FTM is enabled (and stops it running 'return platform_device_register(&keypad_device_mooncake);'.

If you don't mind sharing, could you let me know how you flipped the display? I'm putting together a psfmod rom.

Reboot from the menu didn't work for me using your 3.0.0.5 rom. Has anyone else had that problem.

PS. The new rom looks great ;)

I downloaded the 3.0.0.5 blade update signed and moved it over to my SD card, checked the Md5 with Astro and its different to the one posted on the original post? Has moving it to the phone somehow changed it or is the download corrupt?

EDIT: MD5 is correct on computer so moving to SD changes it?

EDIT 2: Being a noob I was checking the MD5 of a small 4kb file with the same name as the clockwork but with an underscore infront of it? This file doesn't show up on the ZTE stock filer application but it does on astro, what is it?

Edited by Mit321

hello,

i have some remarks to v3:

* the colour makes my eyes "hurt" on my oled screen, maybe because i am colour blind. i read it is yellow, but for me it looks like neon orange, is it due to my colour blindness or the warmer colours of the oled screen?

* i believe the second option on the first screen was named "install update.zip from sdcard" in the past, but now it is only "install update from sdcard" which let me think it is a shortcut to "install zip file from sdcard" because for me all zip-files are more or less custom updates to the system. maybe the old label was better!?

Guest Kazz_uk
If you have a previous version or another recovery install, install the update.zip and restart your device.

Ok. this may sound a little simple, but how do I go about updating my current version? Install it how? It doesn't say or have I missed something? ;). I'm on 2.5.1.3, I take it I can just use this file "recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-blade-update_signed.zip", but what do I do with it? I've tried booting into clockwork and using the 'update from .zip' command, but it didn't work.

Any help for this newb would be much appreciated ;)

Ok. this may sound a little simple, but how do I go about updating my current version? Install it how? It doesn't say or have I missed something? ;). I'm on 2.5.1.3, I take it I can just use this file "recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-blade-update_signed.zip", but what do I do with it? I've tried booting into clockwork and using the 'update from .zip' command, but it didn't work.

Any help for this newb would be much appreciated ;)

I just installed it using the current clockwork like I would a rom, install from sd card select that let it install and then restart

Guest Kazz_uk
I just installed it using the current clockwork like I would a rom, install from sd card select that let it install and then restart

Thanks, will give it a go ;).

EDIT: Worked a treat, may want to add that to the first post so us newbs know.

Edited by Kazz_uk

Guest Bellaphones
Worked fine with the file off this thread. Thanks very much for your time Seb, best regards, Carl.

how to update rom via pc? any idea? becouse myphone login blocked(google password)

Guest The Soup Thief
how to update rom via pc? any idea? becouse myphone login blocked(google password)

Hi Bellaphones

If you're missing your google password it's a simple enough matter to get it resent to the alternate email address you gave google when you set up your account

If this is difficult, you might wanna try checking the third sentence of the second post on this link

Guest rheumatoid

Have installed this without problems - thanks

I want to put a partition on my SD card in readiness for 2.2 and the option to install apps to SD.

do i just get CW to create a partition on the card and then reboot and install 2.2 and I should then have the option to install apps to SD?

will other stuff currently on my SD card be lost?

Thanks

R.

Edited by rheumatoid

Guest Simon O

Hey Seb, Tom_G has added some device info to your recovery which allows getprop to work in assert or something like that. Just needed default.prop to be edited. Any chance of doing this to your images from now on please?

Guest Sebastian404
I'm playing with 2.5.1.8 so I don't know if that makes a difference, but the 2.6.32 kernel fits fine. You should be able to remove some stuff to get the size down if necessary, but I haven't (in fact I added ext4 on top of the the default config).

Sorry, your right, I was thinking of RA_Recovery not Clockwork... Im not sure that adding the .32 kernel would make that much difference over the .29 one... for a recovery at least... Or is there something I'm missing?

Reboot for some reason wouldn't work for me with 2.6.32, so I couldn't do 'reboot recovery' during start-up to get the keypad recognised. It looks like a better solution is to turn off CONFIG_ZTE_FTM_FLAG_SUPPORT. Then you don't need to reboot to get the keypad working, it just works. Is there any reason for the FTM flag?

With FTM_FLAG off it gets a kernel oops (but doesn't crash) related to /sys/devices/platform/android_usb/functions/ftm_mode. I think that should be easy to fix. Another alternative to fix the keypad missing issue would be to remove the bit in board-zte-blade-keypad.c in the __init mooncake_init_keypad function that returns 0 if FTM is enabled (and stops it running 'return platform_device_register(&keypad_device_mooncake);'.

I had spotted the FTM_FLAG myself when I was poking around the kernel, and I had the same results as you, I was going to push it out with the next build of clockwork, rather than muddy the water with 2 different versions of 3.0.0.5... like I did with 2.5.1.8 ;)

Guest Sebastian404
Hey Seb, Tom_G has added some device info to your recovery which allows getprop to work in assert or something like that. Just needed default.prop to be edited. Any chance of doing this to your images from now on please?

erm, you got a link to what he's done?

Guest Sebastian404

looking at that, he has added

ro.product.board=blade

to default.prop

mmmmm, you have a link to where he posted as to the reason for that? unless he wants to answer for himself ;)

Guest Simon O
looking at that, he has added

ro.product.board=blade

to default.prop

mmmmm, you have a link to where he posted as to the reason for that? unless he wants to answer for himself ;)

Yep. The cyanogenmod updater-script has this line in it:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "blade" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "blade");

I have no clue why but Tom found that without the recovery image reporting the device name it would fail.

Guest Sebastian404
Yep. The cyanogenmod updater-script has this line in it:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "blade" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "blade");

I have no clue why but Tom found that without the recovery image reporting the device name it would fail.

Ah, interesting, I had seem mention of that if/then stuff when I was reading up on amen scripting the other day.. did'nt know anyone was using it tho....

I have added into into my build, and since I had to rebuild it, I've also used the kernel without the TFM mode, so no need for two reboots now... yeah me! ;)

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Simon O
Ah, interesting, I had seem mention of that if/then stuff when I was reading up on amen scripting the other day.. did'nt know anyone was using it tho....

I have added into into my build, and since I had to rebuild it, I've also used the kernel without the TFM mode, so no need for two reboots now... yeah me! ;)

Awesome! Faster boot is good ;)

It should actually be added to BoardConfig.mk as TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME := blade which then gets picked up by the build system and changed to ro.product.board=

Im not sure that adding the .32 kernel would make that much difference over the .29 one... for a recovery at least... Or is there something I'm missing?

I don't think .32 adds anything for a normal recovery. I was looking at it for psfreedom where it makes a huge difference.

That will probably kill usb. The zte modified android usb gadget has a dependancy on ftm. I have a modified kernel which fixes it, but then usbconfig doesn't run quite right. The fix for usbconfig is to only run it once (add oneshot to the init script) otherwise it keeps reinitialising usb.

Edit. Just tested it and looks like usb is fine.

Edited by Tom G

Guest paskaapaskaa

Umm not really sure if I should be asking this but is there a way to revert back to older version of the clockwork recovery? I cant install JJ addons anymore with the new build. Sad though, I really liked the new colors.

For example can I just download the old version and put it in with fast boot? Or can I somehow use the built in update system ?

Edited by paskaapaskaa

Guest vareBlade
Umm not really sure if I should be asking this but is there a way to revert back to older version of the clockwork recovery? I cant install JJ addons anymore with the new build. Sad though, I really liked the new colors.

For example can I just download the old version and put it in with fast boot? Or can I somehow use the built in update system ?

get the CWK file you want to use and flash it with fastboot

Guest paskaapaskaa
get the CWK file you want to use and flash it with fastboot

ok, Im assuming CWK means clockwork recovery, next question is will I lose my backups I've done if I install the older clockwork with fastboot?