[NEWS]Gingerbread comes.

Guest roggin

Is anyone else having problems with WIFI not working when phone is coming out of standby? To fix, I need to disable/enable WiFi then it connects to preferred connection. Great ROM, loving 2.3.

Only other issue I have is that USB won't connect when booted, it just flashes on/off the screen when trying to enable. Only way to upload files to device is via recovery.

Any input? Thanks!

Guest zebbe77
So I've got this installed finally but I get this pop-up every 5 seconds:

The Application Dailer (process com.android.phone) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I force close it but it keeps coming back. I also re-flashed and it still occurring the moment I turn the phone on. It registers I'm connected to rogers, but refused to sync to a mobile network, I assume its related to the above. Any suggestions?

Hi, I flashed this ROM couple of times and got the same problem as you. So I have not been able to test it. And a few people before us mentioned the same problem. Hope somebody have solved it :lol:

Thanks

Guest monoxide.tryst
So I've got this installed finally but I get this pop-up every 5 seconds:

The Application Dailer (process com.android.phone) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I force close it but it keeps coming back. I also re-flashed and it still occurring the moment I turn the phone on. It registers I'm connected to rogers, but refused to sync to a mobile network, I assume its related to the above. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem a couple days ago, not sure if it is the proper way to fix the problem, but i went into titainium backup and wiped data for "[CONTACTS/CALLS] Contacts Storage 2.3.1" I found that with a fast google search, give it a try. Havent had the issue since

Edited by monoxide.tryst

Guest Master_T
for those who have the problem of the boot in miui:

when your boot hangs, press the recovery combo .. Your phone will do an hot reboot, and miui should starts

Doesn't work :) Hope someone fixes it :lol:

Guest TroutT20

I was able to turn airplane mode on and off and fix the dailer error, but now I'm facing more problems. I'll just do a long list of everything I'm having issues with.

Phone: Acer Liquid E - ROGERS

-Haptic Feedback stuck on even if disabled through AW Launcher or cyanogen Mod or any other place I could find it.

-No Market App, or apk, or Titanium backup.

-Unable to register SIM card or Mobile network.

-Unable to get status bar to show up or reset AW Launcher to default settings.

-Unable to mount SD to PC as no status bar is displayed.

-Seem to be missing about 15 apps installed in comparison to the list in the .zip file. Unable to locate them on the phone either.

I think it could be better if I could get anything installed, but the phone is really stuck where its at. My only option is to use the Acer tools to re-flash it. I've tried installing this about 3-4 times with the exact same results. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Either way, what did work, worked well, what didn't work well, didn't work at all.

Guest KeruDoitsu

I've finished my testings on battery life.

Well, with prox sensor disabled I have a better battery life, however it results too short to me.

Anyone else with this problem?

I'm talking about ~50% during night in airplane mode...

.___.

Guest TheShak
I've finished my testings on battery life.

Well, with prox sensor disabled I have a better battery life, however it results too short to me.

Anyone else with this problem?

I'm talking about ~50% during night in airplane mode...

.___.

the battery life with the patch (EDIT: that is Kouds boot.img) is better, but still not as good as stock. last night (midnight) I left the phone with 34% battery, wifi & 3g active however the phone was in sleep mode. This morning (7am) phone was dead... no battery.

Previously I've had the phone with 20% battery lasting all night...

Also another problem when making a call, proximity kicks in and it takes an age to get screen back on, soemtimes a few minutes... anyone else with this?

Thanks

Edited by TheShak

Guest KeruDoitsu
the battery life with the patch is better, but still not as good as stock. last night (midnight) I left the phone with 34% battery, wifi & 3g active however the phone was in sleep mode. This morning (7am) phone was dead... no battery.

Also another problem when making a call, proximity kicks in and it takes an age to get screen back on, soemtimes a few minutes... anyone else with this?

Thanks

Which patch are you talking about? Koud's boot.img one?

thanks

Batterylife is quite good, been using my phone constantly since 6 this morning. First 2½ hours on 2G network without data enabled, went from 100% to ~90%. Same as original .bin without any roms flashed, so that's good, I guess.

Some games doesn't work, just closes without any FC or anything. Which is quite annoying, I want to play MX Moto but I can't :lol:

From 8.30 this morning I've been using Facebook, ebuddy, 3G and I've been playing around with the phone and now it's down to 70%, and I've been using it almost all the time.

Battery time is way better now compared to how it was! Great job!

Guest TheShak
Which patch are you talking about? Koud's boot.img one?

thanks

Yes, Koud's new boot.img. Sorry for not being precise. Also proximity sensor was not disabled.

Edited by TheShak

Guest koudelka
I was able to turn airplane mode on and off and fix the dailer error, but now I'm facing more problems. I'll just do a long list of everything I'm having issues with.

Phone: Acer Liquid E - ROGERS

-Haptic Feedback stuck on even if disabled through AW Launcher or cyanogen Mod or any other place I could find it.

-No Market App, or apk, or Titanium backup.

-Unable to register SIM card or Mobile network.

-Unable to get status bar to show up or reset AW Launcher to default settings.

-Unable to mount SD to PC as no status bar is displayed.

-Seem to be missing about 15 apps installed in comparison to the list in the .zip file. Unable to locate them on the phone either.

I think it could be better if I could get anything installed, but the phone is really stuck where its at. My only option is to use the Acer tools to re-flash it. I've tried installing this about 3-4 times with the exact same results. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Either way, what did work, worked well, what didn't work well, didn't work at all.

when you installed the rom, did you do a wipe first? (cache, data, dalvik). If you come from other rom, especially one that is < 2.3.1 it is likely that there are incompatibilities causing these issues for you. I suggest you try do a full wipe and refresh the rom.

Guest koudelka
the battery life with the patch (EDIT: that is Kouds boot.img) is better, but still not as good as stock. last night (midnight) I left the phone with 34% battery, wifi & 3g active however the phone was in sleep mode. This morning (7am) phone was dead... no battery.

Thanks

It is possible wifi never went to sleep, I have never tested that. Thanks for reporting :lol:

I've do that : build.prop the line hw.acer.psensor_mode=1 to 0

and install the new boot.img and now I've got a very good battery life ! :)

sorry for my english :lol:

Edited by Jerwaz

Guest koudelka

Thanks

I have tested wifi sleep, and it works. Wifi should go into sleep 15 min after you turn off the screen. Maybe you have some application installed that force wifi to stay on? try manually turn off wifi next time, and see if that helps :lol:

Well, I flashed Koudelka's patch yesterday @6pm, after charging the phone all up, now it is 11:53 am and i still have 40% batery life...I was not using the phone from 2am to 8am, but I never put it on airplane mode, so I guess I have a very very good batery life...Thanks Roggin for the rom, Thanks Koudelka fro the patch, and thanks everybody that worked on this...

Edited by mmisep

Guest TheShak
I have tested wifi sleep, and it works. Wifi should go into sleep 15 min after you turn off the screen. Maybe you have some application installed that force wifi to stay on? try manually turn off wifi next time, and see if that helps :lol:

O.k. thanks, I do have Fancy widget weather app installed, don't know if this is the culprit. Also when I installed your boot.img, i did this at the same time as flashing Roggin's rom... is that o.k. or did i need to do reboot before renewing the boot.img?

Thx.

Guest TheShak
Well, I flashed Koudelka's patch yesterday @6pm, after charging the phone all up, now it is 11:53 am and i still have 40% batery life...I was not using the phone from 2am to 8am, but I never put it on airplane mode, so I guess I have a very very good batery life...Thanks Roggin for the rom, Thanks Koudelka fro the patch, and thanks everybody that worked on this...

Did you reset the Hw sensor to 0 to turn off proximty? Also is WiFi active when the phone is off?

Thanks

Did you reset the Hw sensor to 0 to turn off proximty? Also is WiFi active when the phone is off?

Thanks

Hi, I don't disabled the sensor, but I don't make a lot of calls, just sms, surfing and web chat... And I always turn off the wifi when not using it...

Guest KeruDoitsu

Flashed koud's boot.img, I've already seen differences between now and before. Need some testing but it seems that koud's boot greatly improves battery life :lol:

Well done

Guest gst0098

Hi all,

I still have problems enabling 3G, while the phone works correctly for voice calls, it appears unable to activate 3G connections (the two arrows icon on the status bar do not appear).

I flashed (after wiping all) roggin 0.3, thepasto cache.zip (to fix service unavailable error, and it worked) and koudelka fastdormancy_boot.zip.

Anyone knows how to fix the 3G data connection ?

Thanks to all

Guest natostanco

could kouldeka patch remove the multi touch fix? since its like my multitouch is pretty bugged as before, or its something to do with flashing stuff?

Guest marcozambi
Flashed koud's boot.img, I've already seen differences between now and before. Need some testing but it seems that koud's boot greatly improves battery life :lol:

Well done

I second this. Superb job!

Guest fischschneehase

finally got the new boot img workin on miui;)

but first boot is deadly slow...

but i hope batterylife has been improved gonna test it for a while...

Guest koudelka
could kouldeka patch remove the multi touch fix? since its like my multitouch is pretty bugged as before, or its something to do with flashing stuff?

yes all multitouch fixes are removed in my boot.img, even phh. I think they cause more problem then they help :lol: There is still some calibration issue with gingerbread making bottom and right side not work properly. I will try take a look at it.