[NEWS]Gingerbread comes.

Guest roggin

I second this. Superb job!

I third this.

With the v0.3 + new bootimg + app2sd

This is the best ROM ever!!

Now only camcorder and "My location" need to be fixed.

Guest L0cu7us

so can someone make the point of this rom ?

The first time user what have to install and in wich sequence to have also app/data2sd koud boot.img etc... ?

thanks !

Guest Kadagan

Love the rom only having two issues Skype wont sign in it justkeeps rebooting and Bluetooth connects to a headset but no sound. Is there something I can do to fix?

Thanks

Guest TheShak
Hi, I don't disabled the sensor, but I don't make a lot of calls, just sms, surfing and web chat... And I always turn off the wifi when not using it...

Yes, I can confirm battery life is excellent. I uninstalled Fancy Widget (clock /weather) app - as seems to use data & GPS regardless of the settings. I've left 3G on and JIT enabled, only use wireless when doing d/l's. So far it used 9% in 5.5 hours low/med use.

Excellent work Roggin & Koudelka!

Guest TheShak
so can someone make the point of this rom ?

The first time user what have to install and in wich sequence to have also app/data2sd koud boot.img etc... ?

thanks !

For me I've installed the 4.002.14 bin, then installed Malez (where would we be without this fab utility?), then did a wipe data/factory reset. Installed CM7_0.3 and then Koudelka's boot.img. Didn't bother with App2sd

Love the rom only having two issues Skype wont sign in it justkeeps rebooting and Bluetooth connects to a headset but no sound. Is there something I can do to fix?

Thanks

+1

what about nandroid full backup with ext partition? I'm unable to complete it...

Edited by pgr79

Continue testing kouldeka's patch. Battery drain is ok. But twice had problem with data and cell line. First the symbol of data transfer friezed and I couldn't connect to the Internet. Whiles sms sending was OK. And after a few minutes cell network disappeared. When it happened for the first time reboot helped, when it repeated, switching WiFi On and Off returned cell connection, but without data.

Guest EddyFreschi

hi all!

first of all thanks so much for all your effort!

but i've a problem! my Liquid doesn't recognize the sdcard...how can i solve this problem? thanks

hi all!

first of all thanks so much for all your effort!

but i've a problem! my Liquid doesn't recognize the sdcard...how can i solve this problem? thanks

I had such problem when flashed kouldeka's patch after app2sd patch. So I could see ext partition, but had no access to fat partition.

I had such problem when flashed kouldeka's patch after app2sd patch. So I could see ext partition, but had no access to fat partition.

everything is working for me, pls app kouldeka's patch ,reboot, and then reflash thepasto app2sd patch.

Now I've been using it for ~12h, and there's only one bad thing: usb tethering doesn't work, which makes this ROM completely useless for me since I don't have any internet for my computer without usb tethering :c

Guess I'll have to reflash each evening before I go to sleep, can't stand the old alarmclock anymore since I used gingerbreads alarmclock... :lol:

And battery life is good, but not so much more than good. After 12hours of use it was down to 20%.

Good work anyway, I hope usb tethering will get fixed asap :)

Guest koudelka
Now I've been using it for ~12h, and there's only one bad thing: usb tethering doesn't work, which makes this ROM completely useless for me since I don't have any internet for my computer without usb tethering :c

Guess I'll have to reflash each evening before I go to sleep, can't stand the old alarmclock anymore since I used gingerbreads alarmclock... :lol:

And battery life is good, but not so much more than good. After 12hours of use it was down to 20%.

Good work anyway, I hope usb tethering will get fixed asap :)

usb tethering is working for me. What error do you get? (and what OS are you using?)

Guest EddyFreschi
everything is working for me, pls app kouldeka's patch ,reboot, and then reflash thepasto app2sd patch.

continua a non essere riconosciuta...

still not recognized by the phone...

Guest koudelka

wohoo! Roggin has fixed bcm4329 wireless now :lol: this means we have fully working wifi driver now :) no need to double click or anything! ;) there are also some new patches from thepasto

http://multiupload.com/IJC97XYYR3

Please report how it works for you! :) (i have made the screen less sensitive now, hope it works for the people who had problem)

For people interested in seeing the updates, https://github.com/cleaton/acer_kernel_koud/commits/master

wohoo! Roggin has fixed bcm4329 wireless now :lol: this means we have fully working wifi driver now :) no need to double click or anything! ;) there are also some new patches from thepasto

http://multiupload.com/IJC97XYYR3

Please report how it works for you! :) (i have made the screen less sensitive now, hope it works for the people who had problem)

For people interested in seeing the updates, https://github.com/cleaton/acer_kernel_koud/commits/master

I've just done a nandroid and installed this patch. i'll play with wifi and tethering and report back tomorrow.

any progress on the bluetooth audio issues?

I've just done a nandroid and installed this patch. i'll play with wifi and tethering and report back tomorrow.

wow tethering just works now!!!

Guest koudelka

not yet, thepasto has tried upgrading our bluetooth drivers, but it is still the same problem. I think bluetooth and touchscreen calibration is next things to look at :lol: and roggin said with this new wifi driver, it might be possible to make it go into even deeper sleep to improve wifi battery life :)

Guest KeruDoitsu
not yet, thepasto has tried upgrading our bluetooth drivers, but it is still the same problem. I think bluetooth and touchscreen calibration is next things to look at :lol: and roggin said with this new wifi driver, it might be possible to make it go into even deeper sleep to improve wifi battery life :)

I don't use bluetooth headset anymore :) What about bluetooth data transfer? Does it work? O.O

In last boot patch there is your fast_dormancy patch included?

Thanks =)

Guest studjuice

i tried using USB tether now that tethering should work (since my desktop doesn't have wifi). but my computer doesn't have drivers for Android HSUSB Device... and after googling everywhere, all I've found out is that with Windows 7 it's supposed to "just work". Well I have Windows 7 and it doesn't!

how did other people get USB tethering going? unless it 'just worked' for every one else lol

I don't use bluetooth headset anymore :lol: What about bluetooth data transfer? Does it work? O.O

ya it became law last year here to have a BT headset... so not having BT is makin me a little nervous (plus if it rings in my pocket, I probably don't hear it over my music)

usb tethering is working for me. What error do you get? (and what OS are you using?)

No error, it just doesn't tether. It says activated and all that but it doesn't tether.

Win7 crappy-school-edition, kinda. Aka. Win7 professional in swedish :c

i tried using USB tether now that tethering should work (since my desktop doesn't have wifi). but my computer doesn't have drivers for Android HSUSB Device... and after googling everywhere, all I've found out is that with Windows 7 it's supposed to "just work". Well I have Windows 7 and it doesn't!

how did other people get USB tethering going? unless it 'just worked' for every one else lol

Same problem here :lol:

But I got the drivers installed... They got installed automaticly :)

Edited by Splux

Guest TroutT20
when you installed the rom, did you do a wipe first? (cache, data, dalvik). If you come from other rom, especially one that is < 2.3.1 it is likely that there are incompatibilities causing these issues for you. I suggest you try do a full wipe and refresh the rom.

Yes I did a full wipe.

Guest TheShak
In last boot patch there is your fast_dormancy patch included?

Thanks =)

+1

Do i gotta use both fast_dormancy + this new one?

Thanks

p.s. Battery life is excellent

Edited by TheShak