[NEWS]Gingerbread comes.

Guest roggin

Okay... Now it's time to reflash 'cause I can't stand Acer's original ROM... And this is the smoothest, if I edit this post today it means USB tethering works ;D

Btw, market refuse to update. So instead of having the new market as I had before I used your (koud's) boot.img it just don't want to update :lol:

Stupid google, don't want me to have the latest stuff :c

But old market=good, when the new market came to my phone MX Moto disapeared, but it doesn't work now anyway...

Wish me good luck... Maybe everything works for me now...

Guest thongrim
Okay... Now it's time to reflash 'cause I can't stand Acer's original ROM... And this is the smoothest, if I edit this post today it means USB tethering works ;D

Btw, market refuse to update. So instead of having the new market as I had before I used your (koud's) boot.img it just don't want to update :)

But old market=good, when the new market came to my phone MX Moto disapeared, but it doesn't work now anyway...

If you want new market look for my solution 2 or 3 pages before this one :lol:

Edit: page 49, post 971 (or 972 :) )

Edited by thongrim

Guest simoneser
wohoo! Roggin has fixed bcm4329 wireless now :lol: this means we have fully working wifi driver now :) no need to double click or anything! ;) there are also some new patches from thepasto

http://multiupload.com/IJC97XYYR3

Please report how it works for you! :) (i have made the screen less sensitive now, hope it works for the people who had problem)

For people interested in seeing the updates, https://github.com/cleaton/acer_kernel_koud/commits/master

Can you make a version without softkey vibration and sensitivity set to 20/75?

Thank you very much!

Guest Ghost-XIII
wohoo! Roggin has fixed bcm4329 wireless now :lol: this means we have fully working wifi driver now ;) no need to double click or anything! :o there are also some new patches from thepasto

http://multiupload.com/IJC97XYYR3

Please report how it works for you! :) (i have made the screen less sensitive now, hope it works for the people who had problem)

For people interested in seeing the updates, https://github.com/cleaton/acer_kernel_koud/commits/master

Perfect for acer Liquid E and Rom Miui thank you again for your wonderful work!

AngryBird and 512mo ram are ok ! :o

Thank you very much!

+1 :)

Guest fischschneehase
Perfect for acer Liquid E and Rom Miui thank you again for your wonderful work!

AngryBird and 512mo ram are ok ! :)

+1 :lol:

does you wifi tether work?

Guest koudelka
+1

Do i gotta use both fast_dormancy + this new one?

Thanks

p.s. Battery life is excellent

this one includes everything, yes :lol:

Btw, market refuse to update. So instead of having the new market as I had before I used your (koud's) boot.img it just don't want to update :)

yes, I was also not able to get it working in windows, I will see if I can find something ;). Works perfectly out of box if you use linux :o

Thank you very much!

Will do :) (just to be clear, 20/75 is sensitivity 20 and noise level 75?)

Guest koudelka
WiFi Tether works for me. Tried one minute...

Liquid A1, OS : Win7U, lastest drivers.

Thanks to Koud

it is usb tethering that is not working in win7 :lol:

Guest TroutT20
when you installed the rom, did you do a wipe first? (cache, data, dalvik). If you come from other rom, especially one that is < 2.3.1 it is likely that there are incompatibilities causing these issues for you. I suggest you try do a full wipe and refresh the rom.

I normally did a "wipe all" and I found that this is the problem. I went through each wipe option and it worked perfect! WiFi-Tethering works as well. Overall the performance is much better although I have picked up a couple other issues.

-Still cannot turn off Haptic Feedback. I've completely removed AW Launcher, so it much be within cyanogen, but I'd turned everything off there as well. I'm using Launcher Pro now which works like a dream.

-Unable to update to the new Market. Its just not happening. No idea how to fix that one.

Going to test battery life with gaming and such. The new Kongregate is out and I wanna take that for a spin on this puppy.

I normally did a "wipe all" and I found that this is the problem. I went through each wipe option and it worked perfect! WiFi-Tethering works as well. Overall the performance is much better although I have picked up a couple other issues.

-Still cannot turn off Haptic Feedback. I've completely removed AW Launcher, so it much be within cyanogen, but I'd turned everything off there as well. I'm using Launcher Pro now which works like a dream.

-Unable to update to the new Market. Its just not happening. No idea how to fix that one.

Going to test battery life with gaming and such. The new Kongregate is out and I wanna take that for a spin on this puppy.

Haptic Feedback can be turned off by pushing a file named "06haptic" with content :

echo "0" > /sys/module/avr/parameters/vibr

to /system/etc/init.d

For new market, just flash the new market zip in recovery

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to...-market-2-2-11/

Guest TroutT20
Haptic Feedback can be turned off by pushing a file named "06haptic" with content :

echo "0" > /sys/module/avr/parameters/vibr

to /system/etc/init.d

For new market, just flash the new market zip in recovery

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to...-market-2-2-11/

Okay got the new market thing to work. No idea how to do the haptic one.

Guest BigWheeelS

Big thanks to all developers, who work on this. I flashed this ROM today.

At first I flashed last acer 2.2 bin, then I flashed Malez recovery image, and apply CM7.0_v0.3.zip and (without reboot) apply bcm4329_boot.zip.

After first boot, I install LauncherPro, and clean some stuff in this ROM. After few hours of test I can say this:

+ Good interface speed

+ Good CM functionality

+ I tested some applications, and all are OK (BatteryLife, Beautiful Widgets, Goggles, K-9 Mail, My Cars, My Track, RMaps, Root Explorer, TheftAlarm, Titanium Backup, Agent Mail.ru, GPS Status...)

+ WiFi works, but I don't tested WiFi tethering

+ USB card reader works

+ Bluetooth music (A2DP, AVRCP) works with Sony Ericsson headphones

+ GPS works (A-GPS don't tested)

+ Proximity sensor works in call good

+ 3D graphics work (NeoCore ~27Fps)

+ LEDs works

But:

- There is a chance of radio break (antenna with cross) after boot As this problem in emulator on PC.

- Angry Birds and(SOLVED) Gensoid (gens emulator) not works. Angry Birds crashes with FC. Gensoid do nothing after selecting SMD ROM.

- Bright sensor works, but screen brightness changes by steps. I can't set bright sensor setting to work fine in CM Settings menu. Do Anybody help me?

And screen-on and screen-off animations looks excellent =)

Edited by BigWheeelS

Guest monoxide.tryst
Big thanks to all developers, who work on this. I flashed this ROM today.

At first I flashed last acer 2.2 bin, then I flashed Malez recovery image, and apply CM7.0_v0.3.zip and (without reboot) apply bcm4329_boot.zip.

After first boot, I install LauncherPro, and clean some stuff in this ROM. After few hours of test I can say this:

+ Good interface speed

+ Good CM functionality

+ I tested some applications, and all are OK (BatteryLife, Beautiful Widgets, Goggles, K-9 Mail, My Cars, My Track, RMaps, Root Explorer, TheftAlarm, Titanium Backup, Agent Mail.ru, GPS Status...)

+ WiFi works, but I don't tested WiFi tethering

+ USB card reader works

+ Bluetooth music (A2DP, AVRCP) works with Sony Ericsson headphones

+ GPS works (A-GPS don't tested)

+ Proximity sensor works in call good

+ 3D graphics work (NeoCore ~27Fps)

+ LEDs works

But:

- There is a chance of radio break (antenna with cross) after boot As this problem it emulator on PC.

- Angry Birds and Gensoid (gens emulator) not works. Angry Birds crashes with FC. Gensoid do nothing after selecting SMD ROM.

- Bright sensor works, but screen brightness changes by steps. I can't set bright sensor setting to work fine in CM Settings menu. Do Anybody help me?

And screen-on and screen-off animations looks excellent =)

Angry birds must be installed on phone, not sd card. I had the same problem, angry birds installs on sd card from default, just unmount sd and install from market, works no prob after. Gensoid might be the same???

Angry birds must be installed on phone, not sd card. I had the same problem, angry birds installs on sd card from default, just unmount sd and install from market, works no prob after. Gensoid might be the same???

no need to unmount and reinstall, just uncheck the box of Angrybirds in "Settings>Applications>On SD"

Guest monoxide.tryst
no need to unmount and reinstall, just uncheck the box of Angrybirds in "Settings>Applications>On SD"

Nice, that I wasnt aware you could do so easy....... Thanks you : )

Guest TheShak
This rom runs smooth and all but at times, there is some extreme! Lag! For a couple of seconds, then it goes away, is it just me?

Yep, me too. when you take it out of sleep it can stay on the lock screen for 4 - 5 seconds... but then it goes away and it's back to normal.

Guest kristophe

@Roggin & Koudelka:

Could you provide us a new rom including all these patches :

- cm 7 v0.3 (base)

- app2sd & data2sd

- fastdormancy patch

- bcm patch

(better than going to recovery to flash everytime, and better support).

Many thanks for all you did and go ahead !!!

Guest TheShak

Feedback so far ...

After using the fast dormancy boot.img, on a full charge yesterday at midday. This morning at 9am it was down to 52% batt, which is great. Phone had data enabled, but no WiFi.

Just installed the BCM boot.img and the New_Market, with full batt and Wifi enabled to see how this performs.

thanks Roggin @ Kool Kouldelka!

@Roggin when you please get time, can you add the relevant links (bcm boot etc.) to the first post?

Greetz

Maybe I'm the only one with this issue, but during a call the screen goes off after a minute and it does not come back on unless you keep taping on/off button a few time :lol:

Guest BigWheeelS
Angry birds must be installed on phone, not sd card. I had the same problem, angry birds installs on sd card from default, just unmount sd and install from market, works no prob after.

Thanks. Works OK now

Gensoid might be the same???

No =( Gensoid installed on phone

Edited by BigWheeelS

Guest gst0098
Hi all,

I still have problems enabling 3G, while the phone works correctly for voice calls, it appears unable to activate 3G connections (the two arrows icon on the status bar do not appear).

I flashed (after wiping all) roggin 0.3, thepasto cache.zip (to fix service unavailable error, and it worked) and koudelka fastdormancy_boot.zip.

Anyone knows how to fix the 3G data connection ?

Thanks to all

Hi, thanks to all for the great job you are doing.

I'm not yet able to activate 3g data connection, I tried to reflash original rom on my liquid A1 256Mb, wiped all, installed cm7 v0.3, the last bcm.zip from koudelka, at the first boot the system did not asked me for the pin and the cross appeared in the icon of mobile connection, I rebooted in recovery and flashed the pasto solution for the "service unavailable", after that the system asked me for the pin two times with two different apps, the second one not been able to unlock nothing (maybe because was already unlocked by the first one). After that the cross disappeared and I was able to receive and make voice call, but again no data connection at all.

Going back to t&l in the hope someone can direct me on how to solve this problem.

Thanks to all

Guest Ghost-XIII

Hello all, I use the boot on the last rom MiuI

Start is a slower but nothing serious, a wifi problem has emerged :/ when I turn off the wifi I get an error during reactivation (reboot required), also I have some 3D games (need for speed shift etc.) or 2D (MX Mayhem) that the unexplained slowdown (5fps)

I hope it's not too bad and thank you again! :lol:

Guest simoneser
this one includes everything, yes :lol:

yes, I was also not able to get it working in windows, I will see if I can find something ;). Works perfectly out of box if you use linux :o

Will do :) (just to be clear, 20/75 is sensitivity 20 and noise level 75?)

Yes sensitivity=20, noise 75

Hello all, I use the boot on the last rom MiuI

Start is a slower but nothing serious, a wifi problem has emerged :/ when I turn off the wifi I get an error during reactivation (reboot required), also I have some 3D games (need for speed shift etc.) or 2D (MX Mayhem) that the unexplained slowdown (5fps)

I hope it's not too bad and thank you again! :)

+1, NFS Shift became unplayable on Gingerbread..

Guest TheShak
Hi, thanks to all for the great job you are doing.

I'm not yet able to activate 3g data connection, I tried to reflash original rom on my liquid A1 256Mb, wiped all, installed cm7 v0.3, the last bcm.zip from koudelka, at the first boot the system did not asked me for the pin and the cross appeared in the icon of mobile connection, I rebooted in recovery and flashed the pasto solution for the "service unavailable", after that the system asked me for the pin two times with two different apps, the second one not been able to unlock nothing (maybe because was already unlocked by the first one). After that the cross disappeared and I was able to receive and make voice call, but again no data connection at all.

Going back to t&l in the hope someone can direct me on how to solve this problem.

Thanks to all

sorry to hear that, but... When you enable 3G and you set the APN, you will then need to unselect Mobile Networks -> Data Enabled and reselect as it does not seem to read the APN data automatically. Let us know what happened?

thx

Edited by TheShak