dell 7in STREAK...

Guest zrospeed

Guest zrospeed

pictures of the 7in streak are popping out....

Dell-Streak-7-580x322.jpg

what do you guys think? anyone interested?

personally, right now, my choice is the notion ink adam for a tablet. i think this one is just an overgrown streak. i would rather have another 5in streak with faster processor. dual core. and better screen. amoled or retina display maybe lol.

oh i just found another thing to love about my streak. ereader capability. using nook app. its killer. i use to hate reading a book on my 3gs, but with the streak's screen size. its great.

Guest zrospeed
It's called a 'looking glass', google it, the spec isn't that great.

right now, base on the photos posted at engadgets, it is being called the dell streak 7

here you go..

dell-streak-7-promo-rm-eng.jpg

Had the Galaxy Tab in my hands and found it too big. My Streak is just the perfect size, fits everywhere, works great as an ebook reader and looks quite professional...

Guest lonegungrrly

I like the idea of a 7" streak, but with bigger tablets you get more connectivity. I've just got an Archos 101 for christmas, it's in the post. I can't wait to get it! anyone else like the look of it? It has USB host, micro SD expandable as well as internal, and hdmi out. I likes.

Love my streak though, I see myself using my streak outside all the time because it's so portable and useable. there is nothing like it, its amazing

Guest RyanPhoner
I like the idea of a 7" streak, but with bigger tablets you get more connectivity. I've just got an Archos 101 for christmas, it's in the post. I can't wait to get it! anyone else like the look of it? It has USB host, micro SD expandable as well as internal, and hdmi out. I likes.

Love my streak though, I see myself using my streak outside all the time because it's so portable and useable. there is nothing like it, its amazing

I just got the archos 101 yesterday. Dont expect streak quality. The screen isnt that great but its decent for the price. At 60% the price of an ipad its definitely a good value. Hopefully some devs out there will start putting together some roms for this puppy

I'm hoping for a dell 10" or other quality 10" tablet.

On the streak 7 and all 7" devices I feel this is an odd size.

Guest alert_bri
What about a 6 inch version and split the difference

If that could be done without expanding the Streak's case then it would be brilliant.

Otherwise, I'll be hoping for a 5" Dell Streak mk II

Cheers

Brian

Guest lonegungrrly
I just got the archos 101 yesterday. Dont expect streak quality. The screen isnt that great but its decent for the price. At 60% the price of an ipad its definitely a good value. Hopefully some devs out there will start putting together some roms for this puppy

I'm hoping for a dell 10" or other quality 10" tablet.

On the streak 7 and all 7" devices I feel this is an odd size.

ooh, I havent actually spoke to someone who has an archos 101, what are they like? are they as zippy as the streak? is the battery life as good as everyone says? tell me more!!

Guest RyanPhoner
ooh, I havent actually spoke to someone who has an archos 101, what are they like? are they as zippy as the streak? is the battery life as good as everyone says? tell me more!!

Not as zippy as the streak but decent. Only had it for a day but the battery life seems great. Engadget just posted a review today with battery numbers.

Definitely nice having a 10" screen for web surfing and angey birds. First thing youll want to do is upgrade to froyo after you get wifi up. You'll get a notification. Then add the market by installing the custom apk over at xda.

Guest offthahorse

i like the idea of stuffing a bigger screen into the current streak BUT, IMO a better idea would be the same size screen, sharper (SuperAMOLED?) brighter with better colors and higher contrast ratio. the best idea would be a bigger better sharper screen in the same size casing.

Keep the gorilla glass BUT, reinforce the Streak a bit more. after having broken one streak im so afraid to use mine away from my desk its almost unbearable.

I cant think of anything off the top of my head that i would gain from having a faster processor (bragging rights)

I have plenty of storage and thats already expandable to 32gb

OH, maybe a microUSB port instead of PDMI, unless pdmi cables become much more widely available or micro hdmi cables are able to charge...

maybe a better sensor on the cameras, not necessarily a megapixel upgrade, but a quality upgrade.

LTE or at least HSPA+ support

but my hunch is the streak 7 is pretty much done and ready to go, and no amount of forum posts will change how it is equipped, but we can wish, we can wish

I have to say that being that it is so close in size to the 5 inch streak the 7 inch would not do well . If they had something the size of the iPad I think I would be and many other might like something that size .

Guest zrospeed
If that could be done without expanding the Streak's case then it would be brilliant.

Otherwise, I'll be hoping for a 5" Dell Streak mk II

Cheers

Brian

i like your way of thinking. lol. less bezel.

sad xmas for me. i just got home from work with my streak's lcd screen shattered. now i dont know where to get it fixed. ill be calling dell soon after my sub nokia phone gets charged up. i dont mind paying for repair service, i just hope they will take it in a fix it.

Guest Acky1337

they are gonna fail miserably with this product lol. 5 inches it THE size to go forward with. give us dualcore and gorilla glass all over the streak! that is the way forward.