GT550 vs Galaxy Europa i5500

Guest vinokirk

Guest vinokirk

I am trying to decide whether to buy an LG GT540 or a Samsung Galaxy Europa i5500 for my two sister-in-laws (13 and 18). Both have a 600MHz cpu.

I havent had a look at them in person, I will do later down at Carphone Warehouse, but personally the LG looks better.

Anyone here in the teenage girl age range who has used them?

In CPW on an O2 pay and go upgrade the LG is £110 and the Samsung is £80. Is the LG really worth that £30 more (£60 as I'm buying two).

What are people opinions?

LG:

+3.0" screen

+320x480 resolution

+3.2mp camera

-2.1 Eclair

-Resistive screen

-150MB on board memory

Samsung

+2.2 Froyo

+Capacative screen

+170MB on board memory

-2.8" screen

-240x320 resolution

-2.0mp camera

I will be going into town in a few hours to get them, so some speedy opinions would be appreciated!

Edited by vinokirk

Guest vinokirk

The screen is my biggest deal breaker.

I cant imagine using swype on a resistive screen is very good. I have let them use Swype on my Streak and they loved it. Does anyone use it on the GT540?

Guest borovaka

I am 20 years old and have LG GT540 i like the design of the phone, and the good quality of the camera.

For me the only plus of Galaxy is Capacitive screen. Why you don't look for LG Optimus One. It comes with Froyo, capacitive display and the cost is 20-40$ more then GT540 ( in Bulgaria ).

Sorry for my bad English :(

Guest vinokirk
I am 20 years old and have LG GT540 i like the design of the phone, and the good quality of the camera.

For me the only plus of Galaxy is Capacitive screen. Why you don't look for LG Optimus One. It comes with Froyo, capacitive display and the cost is 20-40$ more then GT540 ( in Bulgaria ).

Sorry for my bad English :(

I need to get it today from Tesco or Carphone Warehouse. The Optimus One is twice the price in CPW! (£200)

Guest marcjordan
I need to get it today from Tesco or Carphone Warehouse. The Optimus One is twice the price in CPW! (£200)

Hi, ive had both of these and i'd go for the Samsung every time as its simply a better bit of kit.

Guest fdespotovski

I cant imagine using swype on a resistive screen is very good. I have let them use Swype on my Streak and they loved it. Does anyone use it on the GT540?

I use swype on my gt540 and it's really good.the screen is very sensitive for a resistive.GT540 all the way!

Guest despotovski01

I use Swype on my GT540. It's really good! :(

Guest despotovski01
I am trying to decide whether to buy an LG GT540 or a Samsung Galaxy Europa i5500 for my two sister-in-laws (13 and 18). Both have a 600MHz cpu.

I havent had a look at them in person, I will do later down at Carphone Warehouse, but personally the LG looks better.

Anyone here in the teenage girl age range who has used them?

In CPW on an O2 pay and go upgrade the LG is £110 and the Samsung is £80. Is the LG really worth that £30 more (£60 as I'm buying two).

What are people opinions?

LG:

+3.0" screen

+320x480 resolution

+3.2mp camera

-2.1 Eclair

-Resistive screen

-150MB on board memory

Samsung

+2.2 Froyo

+Capacative screen

+170MB on board memory

-2.8" screen

-240x320 resolution

-2.0mp camera

I will be going into town in a few hours to get them, so some speedy opinions would be appreciated!

I will suggest you to get the LG GT540, because of the resolution and the bigger screen. It's a resistive one, but it's great and responsive.

Guest vinokirk

I ended up getting the Europa in the end. I had them both side by side, the LG looked way better, almost as good as my Streak, and the resolution was amazing, you could most definately tell the difference. But for teenage girls I think the capacative screen would be better. And the £20 price difference was a big factor too of course.

If I was buying one for myself it would be the GT540 all the way.