TouchScreen too sensitive

Guest studjuice

Guest studjuice

Guys, I've been looking up the touchscreen sensitivity problems everywhere I can, but all I find is that it's "not sensitive enough" so people have been raising it. The topics are all ancient by now, and the patches have all been included in the rom's i currently want to love (cm6 + miui). but my problem is that my screen is WAY too sensitive when using these roms, and immediately after booting it freaks out and does random touches. My choices are to either fight my phone for a half hour to get LSsettings installed to change the sensitive back to 75/75 (which only works till next boot), or use a stock rom. stock rom is not bad, but it's not what I want. So I obviously am requesting some way to get my phone to be usable, and showoff-able for christmas.

Am i correct that the file I need to change lies in the kernel? If so, I want to change it.

I'm not looking for another quick fix though, i want to get rid of my problem.

I don't want to ask anyone to change their rom's or kernel's or anything, since it's obviously just my phone that's backwards, but if someone could tell me how to open up the boot.img I should be able to get it done by myself, and then I'll just modify all the roms i wanna test in the future :(

In the past i was able to open the boot.img with the rom kitchen with g1 roms, but with these boot.img's it just gives me an error saying that it's not a valid gzip file... that's why I'm asking for assistance here!

Thanks to any who have insight, and Merry Christmas

Edited by studjuice

Guest Morris Lee
Guys, I've been looking up the touchscreen sensitivity problems everywhere I can, but all I find is that it's "not sensitive enough" so people have been raising it. The topics are all ancient by now, and the patches have all been included in the rom's i currently want to love (cm6 + miui). but my problem is that my screen is WAY too sensitive when using these roms, and immediately after booting it freaks out and does random touches. My choices are to either fight my phone for a half hour to get LSsettings installed to change the sensitive back to 75/75 (which only works till next boot), or use a stock rom. stock rom is not bad, but it's not what I want. So I obviously am requesting some way to get my phone to be usable, and showoff-able for christmas.

Am i correct that the file I need to change lies in the kernel? If so, I want to change it.

I don't want to ask anyone to change their rom's or kernel's or anything, since it's obviously just my phone that's backwards, but if someone could tell me how to open up the boot.img I should be able to get it done by myself, and then I'll just modify all the roms i wanna test in the future :(

In the past i was able to open the boot.img with the rom kitchen with g1 roms, but with these boot.img's it just gives me an error saying that it's not a valid gzip file... that's why I'm asking for assistance here!

Thanks to any who have insight, and Merry Christmas

Not just you bro, try tapping the screen, sort of helped for me, I think because there is crap load of dust stuck inside interfering the touchscreen

If you can start up the ADB i think this script might work.

If i remember correctly this helped me on all roms, stock and modded.

#!/system/bin/sh

sensitivity=75

noise=75

echo "set sensitivity to $sensitivity"

echo $sensitivity > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity

echo "set noise to $noise"

echo $noise > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise

echo "done"

Edit: Full credit goes to azuwis who shared this at: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-05-based-roms/

Edited by Rufy93

Guest Harness

That will work. As far as modded scripts go, I doubt they would be in the kernel, however in the ramdisk is more likely. If they're being set on boot then check init.rc and init.salsa.rc. I've never twiddled with those roms however, so I don't know how they work.

Harness.

Guest Harness
It only happens to phh's kernal as faqr as I know, because phh set it to 30/30 in the driver, so it is hardcoded to phh kernal based roms

That's news to me...

I've yet to successfully extract a kernel. It's supposed to come up as a folder, but it never does for me - always a file.

Harness.

Guest Morris Lee
That's news to me...

I've yet to successfully extract a kernel. It's supposed to come up as a folder, but it never does for me - always a file.

Harness.

That 30/30 thing is from dario, he told me so, maybe he knows more

Guest split2th

Just use the same gscript as everyone else who wants to make their screens more sensitive. Except edit the values for noise and sensitivity to 75/75. I use the script and have changed those values a handfull of times and finally settled with 50/25. The only problem is that you have to run the script everytime you restart your phone. Which is not that hard considering you can just add a shortcut to the script from your home screen. If you can't find the script let me know. I'll just paste it in here. And you can get Gscript from the market, I believe. Hold on.....

Yup it's in the market.