BladeUnlock - SIM Network Unlock (NCK) Code generator

Guest Arr Too

Awesome, thanks, even though I already unlocked my device way back when, work like this is always highly appreciated by everyone I'm sure. :(

Happy holidays to you too.

Guest Thermostat9

HELP!!

I tried this and it boots to the unlock screen then when swiped open it says 'The USIM is unsuitable in this terminal. Please insert usable USIM'

And then offers an 'Emergency call only' button.

So I change the SIM back and the original (not Orange) SIM and it does the same.

I'm really stuck..... :(

Guest Arr Too
So I change the SIM back and the original (not Orange) SIM and it does the same.

Possibly it's just the SIM not being quite seated properly -- there have been many reports that the hardware in this area is not very robust. Check first that the SIM is round the right way, and then check all the connections are clean and the SIM is not wonky. Some people have even reported using some layers of tape to pad out the SIM and make it connect better.

Guest Thermostat9
Possibly it's just the SIM not being quite seated properly -- there have been many reports that the hardware in this area is not very robust. Check first that the SIM is round the right way, and then check all the connections are clean and the SIM is not wonky. Some people have even reported using some layers of tape to pad out the SIM and make it connect better.

Sadly not that. After several attempts with different SIMs, I tried a restore from the backup of the Japanese Jellyfish install I had made the other day. No difference. Did a restore from the back up I made of my original install before doing any flashing. No joy.

Running out of options I tried a flash of the basic Orange ROM install zip and with the Orange SIM in it worked. Changed to my Virgin SIM and it asked for an unlock code. Then I did a restore of my Japanese Jellyfish install and it was back to the settings I had the other day.

All I did was try the 'Reset attempts and lock' to see if it prompted me for the unlock code when I changed SIM - but it froze me out of my phone. I'll not do it again for now! Actually I'm just 5 days into owning an Android phone and am learning lots - but it does remind me of the mess I used to make in the early days with DOS and a 286. :( (Although I was younger then and cared less)

Guest Arr Too
I tried a restore from the backup of the Japanese Jellyfish install I had made the other day.

Ah... that ROM has some issues with saying USIM stuff a lot -- the Phone.apk has been hacked to prevent some/all of it. Using a stock ROM is probably your best bet for doing an unlock (unless you happen to have the right Japanese SIM card on you!). And using anything bar a ROM based on the Japanese Froyo ought to work for retrying the lock.

Guest john kat

old git newbie here saying thank you

i used the nextgen server thingy myself, oh joy

but 2 of my old git mates have gone and bought one of these phones

so this will sort them out

Guest isambard
Sadly not that. After several attempts with different SIMs, I tried a restore from the backup of the Japanese Jellyfish install I had made the other day. No difference. Did a restore from the back up I made of my original install before doing any flashing. No joy.

Running out of options I tried a flash of the basic Orange ROM install zip and with the Orange SIM in it worked. Changed to my Virgin SIM and it asked for an unlock code. Then I did a restore of my Japanese Jellyfish install and it was back to the settings I had the other day.

All I did was try the 'Reset attempts and lock' to see if it prompted me for the unlock code when I changed SIM - but it froze me out of my phone. I'll not do it again for now! Actually I'm just 5 days into owning an Android phone and am learning lots - but it does remind me of the mess I used to make in the early days with DOS and a 286. :unsure: (Although I was younger then and cared less)

best bet is to network unlock with your stock ROM before flashing with any other ROM. some roms don't have a hacked phone to deal with the network lock.

Guest Arr Too

You can at least make the phone think it is Network Locked again. I'm not sure what goes in the depths of the unlocking process, but to a normal user it will appear to still be locked (and you'll have five attempts to get the PIN right to "unlock" it again).

Guest ololizoz
You can at least make the phone think it is Network Locked again. I'm not sure what goes in the depths of the unlocking process, but to a normal user it will appear to still be locked (and you'll have five attempts to get the PIN right to "unlock" it again).

So if I need to send it in for repair I can use this to "relock" it again so the service centre wont notice that I unlocked it?

Edited by ololizoz

Guest Arr Too
the service centre wont notice that I unlocked it?

Yes, unless they have network data on the unlocking. But the re-prompting may be enough to confuse them. :unsure:

Guest harrold

I would also like to say thanks, I am with Optus and I have a prepaid. When I recharge the phone with $80 they will unlock for free. Now I don't have to spend $80 for a recharge.

Thanks Harry