BladeUnlock - SIM Network Unlock (NCK) Code generator

Guest Arr Too

The app only gets permission to read the phone state (to get the IMEI). It can't use the internet or any storage. If you are that worried about security, have you questioned all the other apps on your phone that can access the IMEI and you've given permission to do much more besides? :P

Sorry i've only ever used basic Nokia phones. I wanted to order this phone knowing I could use it on other networks. I found much scaremongering while searching google for what can be done with a stolen IMEI number. I found it suspicious that I had to either run 3rd party software or use a random website to make the phone useable.

I guess the sandbox of Android is more secure than windows. or which sandbox do you use there?

if an app doesn't request the permission for internet in AndroidManifest.xml (shown to you on install), it WON'T be able to connect.

furthermore, you can use Droidwall to forbid internet access to apps.

the best however would be to share the sourcecode freely.

Thank you! I suppose I should be slayed for not searching properly.

There are quite a few sandboxes for windows. I use 'Sandboxie' occasionally. For simple 'unknown' programs a Virtual Machine is probably enough containment. If your wearing a tinfoil hat right now you could also get a spare PC and not install the network card.

Guest seraphim2017

Arr Too

I don't know how you did it but I've just gone and bought myself the last 2 San Frans (1 grey 1 white) for me and the missus to talk while she's in hospital and at £90 each plus a £10 credit which i gave to my old man on orange PAYG, BAM, unlocked handsets!

THANK YOU!!

Now, how to root and flash japanese jellyfish, orange looks nice enough but lets get this cut price HTC Legend hardware working shall we!

:P

Thanks Arr Too! This is an excellent application - I'm much happier now I don't have to reveal my IMEI to anyone else.

I'm a newbie, and I needed to do a bit of searching around to find out how to install this application, so if there are any other idiots in the same position that I was, here's how I did it:

1. Switch off your phone, remove back cover and battery and take out the SD card.

2. Connect the SD card to your PC via a card reader.

3. Transfer the .apk to the SD card - I just dumped it in the root directory.

4. Put the SD card back in your phone and switch it on.

5. Press 'menu', select 'filer', scroll down to the BladeUnlock application and click on it.

6. Note down the NCK code which the application produces.

7. Turn the phone off and install a non-Orange SIM.

8. Switch the phone back on and when it asks for the unlock code, type it in and away you go.

I'm sure there are quicker ways of doing it that don't involve removing SD cards, but for now all I know is that this way worked for me.

Thanks Geoff2 - I'm also a newbie and have only had Android for 24 hours. But I don't have a card reader so I did the same but didn't remove the SD card. Thus:

1. With phone on, plug into PC (Windows/Linux/Mac) with USB connection

2. Transfer the .apk to the SD card - I also dumped it in the root directory

3 continue from number 5 above.

And thanks Arr Too - it's very easy to use.

Guest Yuccaman

I went for the Excel spreadsheet method in the end and that worked a treat... Still got the Orange sim in for the moment though until I use up the £10 'free' credit :huh:

Nice find.....

Guest stellablade

This looks very simple but I'm stumped! I've downloaded the BladeUnlock zip file, unzipped it and copied it to the root on the SD card. How do I execute the file? Clicking on the BladeUnlock folder with Filer just opens up the folder and I can't see a way of running it.

Thanks Arr Too! This is an excellent application - I'm much happier now I don't have to reveal my IMEI to anyone else.

I'm a newbie, and I needed to do a bit of searching around to find out how to install this application, so if there are any other idiots in the same position that I was, here's how I did it:

1. Switch off your phone, remove back cover and battery and take out the SD card.

2. Connect the SD card to your PC via a card reader.

3. Transfer the .apk to the SD card - I just dumped it in the root directory.

4. Put the SD card back in your phone and switch it on.

5. Press 'menu', select 'filer', scroll down to the BladeUnlock application and click on it.

6. Note down the NCK code which the application produces.

7. Turn the phone off and install a non-Orange SIM.

8. Switch the phone back on and when it asks for the unlock code, type it in and away you go.

I'm sure there are quicker ways of doing it that don't involve removing SD cards, but for now all I know is that this way worked for me.

Guest stellablade

No one knows why? Anyway I got around the issue after someone sent me a link to an unlock app.

This looks very simple but I'm stumped! I've downloaded the BladeUnlock zip file, unzipped it and copied it to the root on the SD card. How do I execute the file? Clicking on the BladeUnlock folder with Filer just opens up the folder and I can't see a way of running it.

Guest martinrice

Many thanks for this.

I'm a complete newbie (only signed up today), and this is my first step towards a new ROM for my San Francisco.

Ta v. much!

Guest w84it

Hi. New at this forum. I found the app to unlock the phone but i dont get it to work. I just bought a new ZTE Blade with 2.2 froyo. Its looked to Comviq in Sweden. When I put in a different sim-cart it approves it as normal but then it refuse to connect to the mobile-network when I'm in the phone. It never ask me to unlock. Is there another way to unlock the phone?

Guest b1k3rdude
HAPPY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!!

Many thanks for this, just tried my T-mod and O2 sim and both worked!

Now if I could only figure out why my phone isnt following the instructions for updating to 2.2... - specifically when I get to the step of holding up the volume button the phone dosent stay on the green android screen.. but pressing volume down does bring up a FTE sreen (what ever the hell that is)

Edited by b1k3rdude