FroyoBlade 0.3

Guest fonix232

Guest PeaNut_HU
#2010-11-11 jia rename "ro.camera.capture.IsInternalStorage" with "ro.camera.capture.intrstorage"

ro.camera.capture.intrstorage=true

Not noticed this before - maybe this could be the culprit?

I suspect thats because the beta version of the boot.img is not setting stuff up correctly...

V/camera  (  648): the keydown is  pressed first time

D/ImageManager(  648): /data/media/DCIMno exit!

D/ImageManager(  648): create/data/media/DCIM

E/		(  648): statfs /data/media/DCIM failed, errno: 2

W/dalvikvm(  648): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x2

aacc8a0)

looks like it

Looks like it really wants to write to internal memory instead to sdcard, as specified in build.prop.

Guest Sebastian404
Looks like it really wants to write to internal memory instead to sdcard, as specified in build.prop.

I changed my build.prop to false and it still seems want to write to internal storage...

however looking at the init.rc.. they do this:

#ZTE_BOOT_JIANGFENG_201011002_01, start
mkdir /data/media
mount yaffs2 mtd@oem /data/media
#ZTE_BOOT_JIANGFENG_201011002_01, end[/code]

which is *FREAKY*

They are putting pictures into the OEM partition.... anyone checked out the music player?

Guest rayraven
I always start all application for the first time one by one, and then shutdown. You got me there, it was first impression.

I verified now, that after first boot, something eats up 85-95% of the cpu cycles, at least accord to the factory task manager.

This seems to normalize after a reboot, in idle it goes down to 10-15% usage (however still mistery to me what takes up that much cycles...)

The launcher still seems slow after reboot, but not as much as after first boot. I don't know what launcher version Paul's rom had in the Froyo A4, but that was much smoother even with the 3D drawer effect which is not present in this ROM...

But i wouldn't make a problem about it, i will replace mine with the launcher from the A4 froyo and be happy, just thought i report it.

Sorry, i already found most of 'em, and yes that CyanogenMod thread is very helpful.

Try replacing the launcher with the one from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=772829

It's from the G2 and has 7 screens/3d app drawer. Worked smooth on pretty much every rom i tried.

Guest Sebastian404
I changed my build.prop to false and it still seems want to write to internal storage...

however looking at the init.rc.. they do this:

#ZTE_BOOT_JIANGFENG_201011002_01, start
mkdir /data/media
mount yaffs2 mtd@oem /data/media
#ZTE_BOOT_JIANGFENG_201011002_01, end[/code] which is *FREAKY* They are putting pictures into the OEM partition.... anyone checked out the music player? Hmm,, also
[code]2010-10-29 wangtao add directory of "/data/media/recordings" for audio recording WT_CAM_20101029

I guess I need to take a good look at that... buggger

Guest whatcolour
Anyone found out yet what app it is that adds the japanese contacts (that get's into your gmail contacts once you sync)?

Delete \system\etc\default_names.xml

Guest PeaNut_HU
Delete \system\etc\default_names.xml

Won't do anything, since its practically almost empty.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<names version="6">

</names>

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest PeaNut_HU
Hmm,, also

2010-10-29 wangtao	add directory of "/data/media/recordings" for audio recording WT_CAM_20101029

Despite that, audio recorder correctly records to the root of the sdcard.

Guest Sebastian404
Despite that, audio recorder correctly records to the root of the sdcard.

They do seem to have strange ideas at ZTE

Did you try the music app by any chance?

Guest PeaNut_HU
Hmm,, also

2010-10-29 wangtao	add directory of "/data/media/recordings" for audio recording WT_CAM_20101029

They do seem to have strange ideas at ZTE

Did you try the music app by any chance?

If i go to the music app and select my recording it will play back, i have not tried anything other yet.

If you tell me exactly what i should do, i will try it happily :(

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest Sebastian404
If i go to the music app and select my recording it will play back, i have not tried anything other yet.

If you tell me exactly what i should do, i will try it happily :(

from the sound of it, it will be ok, but put some mp3s on your sdcard and try play them

Guest PeaNut_HU
from the sound of it, it will be ok, but put some mp3s on your sdcard and try play them

It began to index the songs slowly, i put on some old, mixed, VBR, CBR, low and high bitrate mp3s too, not a problem for it. So far so good :(

My mp3s play ok as do my audio recorder recordings.

Oh and to answer your question in the dump thread, when I do cat /proc/mtd I don't get an OEM partition!

Edited by Mike_P

Guest Sebastian404

Cheers,

from looking into it, the 003Z seems to have an extra parition..

mtd6: 0a280000 00020000 "userdata"
mtd7: 01500000 00020000 "oem"
mtd8: 00180000 00020000 "persist"[/code] vs
[code]mtd6: 0d020000 00020000 "userdata"
mtd7: 00180000 00020000 "persist"

It seems to be using that OEM as some sort of extra internal memory,, the pictures end up on your SDcard as youd expect, they just go via that mount... some bluetooth stuff seems to use it aswell...

a new boot.img is coming,,, but I'm just double checking everything twice...

Guest PeaNut_HU
Here's a boot.img with the ramdisk from the dumped ROM but with the old kernel (that boots). Should setup the /data/media directory correctly. Also shows a Softbank bootscreen.

I just tried Seb404's r0.1 with kalt_kaffe's boot.img:

- Softbank logo instead of Green Android :(

- Camera, Camcorder and Sound Recorder works correctly YAY! ;) ;)

Guest Sebastian404
I just tried Seb404's r0.1 with kalt_kaffe's boot.img:

- Softbank logo instead of Green Android :(

- Camera, Camcorder and Sound Recorder works correctly YAY! ;) ;)

I'm still poking around, but hmm, what has it mounted in place of the OEM parition I wonder...

Guest tcpaulh

Minor quirk. zte saw fit to add a "connection cannot be made" popup which gets in the way if using a modified hosts file

EDIT: I'm special. Reboot fixed it

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest Sebastian404
I'm still poking around, but hmm, what has it mounted in place of the OEM parition I wonder...

DOH, it dont mount anything, it fails to and just makes the files in the userdata... hmmm... I guess

Guest 88880000

Oh and to answer your question in the dump thread, when I do cat /proc/mtd I don't get an OEM partition!

add oil everybody

Edited by 88880000