fast_dormancy

Guest tmp_do

Guest thenext1
i complied kernel with fast dormancy support. how can i test it? i think that it must be supportable in radio. or not?

With the std Froyo rom, if you go in the hidden menu (dialer, *#*#4636#*#*) and into Advance Settings, there's that setting right there, and it is enabled by default on my phone.

Guest koudelka
With the std Froyo rom, if you go in the hidden menu (dialer, *#*#4636#*#*) and into Advance Settings, there's that setting right there, and it is enabled by default on my phone.

Did you try this? I am curious if it worked :( (to know if the radio is actually sending dormancy commands to the basestation is more difficult, I guess we need to check radiowaves or something for that. But if it starts in the special dailer menu then that's great! )

in cm nothing:

device1.png

device.png

Guest koudelka
test boot image

anyone can test it with acers 2.2 builds? flash it via fastboot

I will give it a try :( Did you build with acer debug? (if not logcat says nothing if it was able to enable or not ;)

I have flashed, and it seems to work well, no errors and fast dormancy button stays active

Edited by koudelka

Guest koudelka
there are defines for ACER_DBG in sources of fd, but i cant find where i can turn it on in build config

Maybe change the acer debug things to regular prints or something that can be seen in dmesg? just for testing

Edited by koudelka

Guest koudelka
i thik we need a man with real s120, and he must publish dmesg

I dont know much C and kernel coding, but is tnere not a way to call this function from terminal? or create a device in /proc or /dev to enable/disable?

Guest thenext1
Did you try this? I am curious if it worked :( (to know if the radio is actually sending dormancy commands to the basestation is more difficult, I guess we need to check radiowaves or something for that. But if it starts in the special dailer menu then that's great! )

No I didn't try that. Besides, how would I know if it was working or not?