can someone tell me....

Guest clownspank

Guest clownspank

.... how to access the internet on my 2.2 streak without using wifi please?

before we had nice little drop down menu with toggles for wifi and 3g, dell have, in their infinite wisdom, removed this.

now I don't know where to find the toggle to turn on 3g/edge etc and have only been able to connect through wifi, what's going on?

Guest superutp
.... how to access the internet on my 2.2 streak without using wifi please?

before we had nice little drop down menu with toggles for wifi and 3g, dell have, in their infinite wisdom, removed this.

now I don't know where to find the toggle to turn on 3g/edge etc and have only been able to connect through wifi, what's going on?

go to settings>wireless and networks>mobile networks>check data enabled

Guest clownspank
go to settings>wireless and networks>mobile networks>check data enabled

data is enabled, has been since the update, cannot connect without wifi...

could the update have wiped the O2 settings?

Guest superutp
data is enabled, has been since the update, cannot connect without wifi...

could the update have wiped the O2 settings?

well if its the official o2 2.2 it shudnt have wiped the o2 settings..

for me going to 1.51. wiped it off...but if u go to the APN settings and create one using the APN as mobile.o2.co.uk then it shud work..

Guest brokenpixel
well if its the official o2 2.2 it shudnt have wiped the o2 settings..

for me going to 1.51. wiped it off...but if u go to the APN settings and create one using the APN as mobile.o2.co.uk then it shud work..

to add to this, before deleting any apn's check the proxy, in my case my APN is set with a proxy by default but my carrier don't use proxy so I just need to set it to blank.

Guest Deinehoelle

When you don't see 3g symbol than this will be the apn settings check google for dell streak apn o2 and don't forget to turn off wifi after that

Edited by Deinehoelle

Guest clownspank

managed to find the right settings and have got 3g working, well, the symbol appears but not managed to load a page yet it's that slow!

All I need now is a shortcut toggle like I had on 1.6 so it's not constantly running in background...

Guest lsweeting

For quick toggling, try the "toggle data" widget or "quick settings" app, with quick settings you can put an icon in the notification bar which gives you access to loads of options, including mobile data. It's almost as good as the 1.6 dropdown, just 1 more tap needed to get to the settings

Guest clownspank
For quick toggling, try the "toggle data" widget or "quick settings" app, with quick settings you can put an icon in the notification bar which gives you access to loads of options, including mobile data. It's almost as good as the 1.6 dropdown, just 1 more tap needed to get to the settings

thanks, i went with the third party "quick settings" app, even though android's team looked better.

Now all I need is live wallpapers removed, and full size home screens and i've almost got my streak back working like it should :unsure:

Guest lsweeting
Now all I need is live wallpapers removed, and full size home screens and i've almost got my streak back working like it should :unsure:

Are you using ADW? miles better than stage! And for the 1.6 separate backgrounds, give this a go:

http://forum.pocketables.net/showthread.php?p=55644

To get pictures to the correct size I used Picsay, it's working like a charm!