CM6.1-Pulse0.40 Chinese mod - installation instructions

Guest twrock

Guest chesterwang1020
If you have CM6.1Pulse0.30 installed already, you have a rooted phone. That rom is rooted.

If you prefer, you can enable the built-in Froyo version of Apps2SD. You can find that setting in the CyanogenMod Settings.

If you still want DT Apps2SD, you might be able to just flash dtapps2sd, but there are a lot of factors that might influence whether or not it will work. So I can't promise anything. But go ahead and make a nandroid backup and then try it.

I'm guessing you want Chinese language support in your rom. If that is true, I would personally suggest you make a nandroid backup of what you have now, and then go back to page one of this thread and update to 0.40 by following the instructions there. BUT, do not do a full wipe as suggested in step 4. Instead, do a wipe of cache at step 4 (as suggested in the paragraph below the steps). Hopefully that will work, and all of your apps and data will still be there.

If you still can't get DT Apps2SD to work that way, you can start over and include the full wipe as suggested in step 4 and see if that works.

But remember, if you are installing this rom, you must format the system partition either way. That is critical to create enough space for this rom and DT Apps2SD and all those Gapps. (And if you know how to modify the rom yourself, there are even more options!) :unsure:

Thanks for your quick replay!

The rom CM6.1Pulse0.30 when I open the terminal emulator and type "su" the screen shows su:permission denied

And I type a2sd it also shows a2sd permission denied

That's why I'm wondering the phone didn't get the Root! (or maybe I was wrong with this!?)

I also find that setting in the CyanogenMod Settings(the built-in Froyo version of Apps2SD),and when I set Install location to External,some APP will ask me that it can load into SD card,I do it ,but the App still cannot remove to the SD card!? So I serch the web but find nothing can resove the a2sd problem,I just install about 20 APPs,and the internal memory is down to 28MB!!!(orignal is about 80MB around)

I will try to use your suggestion for refresh the Rom and DT app2sd together,if I failed ,just go back to CM6.1Pulse0.30 again.Hope me luck!!!

(The CM6.1Pulse0.30 is a good Rom for me,and I already install the Chinese language support,the AcerChewing.apk and the 蒙恬手寫輸入法)

Thanks again,and let me take a try for report it back!

Guest twrock
Thanks for your quick replay!

The rom CM6.1Pulse0.30 when I open the terminal emulator and type "su" the screen shows su:permission denied

And I type a2sd it also shows a2sd permission denied

That's why I'm wondering the phone didn't get the Root! (or maybe I was wrong with this!?)

I also find that setting in the CyanogenMod Settings(the built-in Froyo version of Apps2SD),and when I set Install location to External,some APP will ask me that it can load into SD card,I do it ,but the App still cannot remove to the SD card!? So I serch the web but find nothing can resove the a2sd problem,I just install about 20 APPs,and the internal memory is down to 28MB!!!(orignal is about 80MB around)

I will try to use your suggestion for refresh the Rom and DT app2sd together,if I failed ,just go back to CM6.1Pulse0.30 again.Hope me luck!!!

(The CM6.1Pulse0.30 is a good Rom for me,and I already install the Chinese language support,the AcerChewing.apk and the 蒙恬手寫輸入法)

Thanks again,and let me take a try for report it back!

I am confused by your mention above of the CM6.1-Pulse0.30 version in two places. One suggests that things are not working, but the other suggests they are. (See above what I have marked.) I don't understand.

Do you have SuperUser installed? Without SuperUser installed, your other apps can't get root permission.

The "problems" you are seeing with the built-in Froyo version of Apps2SD are actually not problems. That is the way it works. And that is why some of us don't use that option. We prefer Dark Tremor's Apps2SD because it works better for us and does a better job of moving things onto the SD card.

So again, I would suggest you go back to the first post in this thread and try to install CM61-Pulse-0.40-tweak rom along with DT Apps2SD and the Gapps-Pulse-0.40-tweak.zip (all three at the same time). It seems many people have been successful following that installation method. However, you must follow all of the instructions as I suggest if you want to get it to work. If you change anything, I can not predict you will have success.

Edited by twrock

Guest chesterwang1020
I am confused by your mention above of the CM6.1-Pulse0.30 version in two places. One suggests that things are not working, but the other suggests they are. (See above what I have marked.) I don't understand.

Do you have SuperUser installed? Without SuperUser installed, your other apps can't get root permission.

The "problems" you are seeing with the built-in Froyo version of Apps2SD are actually not problems. That is the way it works. And that is why some of us don't use that option. We prefer Dark Tremor's Apps2SD because it works better for us and does a better job of moving things onto the SD card.

So again, I would suggest you go back to the first post in this thread and try to install CM61-Pulse-0.40-tweak rom along with DT Apps2SD and the Gapps-Pulse-0.40-tweak.zip (all three at the same time). It seems many people have been successful following that installation method. However, you must follow all of the instructions as I suggest if you want to get it to work. If you change anything, I can not predict you will have success.

Sorry for let you confused,what I mean is the rom I used(CM6.1-0.30) work excellent on my phone,except the superuser.

When I type su it cannot get permission!

SO, tonight I decide to follow your ways to flash the rom!

Thank you again,and will let yoo know the results !!!

Guest chesterwang1020
Sorry for let you confused,what I mean is the rom I used(CM6.1-0.30) work excellent on my phone,except the superuser.

When I type su it cannot get permission!

SO, tonight I decide to follow your ways to flash the rom!

Thank you again,and will let yoo know the results !!!

I flashed the rom last night,and find when I install app. the phone keep reboot.

I wonder is that possibile somewhere I miss to configured!?

And the other thing is I like the Chinese touchpal ,it works great! Can you help to separate the app. out! for sharing?

I don't know how to check whether my phone is rooted or not !?

I need to keep learning from the Community! The Android is so interesting !

Anyway,thank you so much! Cheers!

Guest twrock
I flashed the rom last night,and find when I install app. the phone keep reboot.

I wonder is that possibile somewhere I miss to configured!?

And the other thing is I like the Chinese touchpal ,it works great! Can you help to separate the app. out! for sharing?

I don't know how to check whether my phone is rooted or not !?

I need to keep learning from the Community! The Android is so interesting !

Anyway,thank you so much! Cheers!

Well, I'm not sure what else I can do to help you get it to work correctly. If you have the CHT8000 (not the CHT8000+), and if you are starting with the official UK2.1 rom as your base, and if you follow the instructions exactly as they are written in the first post, then I can't think of any other reason it doesn't work right for you. Even without any other configuration changes, that exact combination of steps should result in a working system for you.

Incidentally, (and to my surprise) it does look like more and more people are downloading this rom. So if there was something wrong with it, I'm guessing that there would be more people complaining. That's good news for me, but still doesn't help you at all.

Sorry, but I don't know what else to say. :unsure:

Regarding the Chinese Touchpal, I have to go back and find the necessary files to make that work separately from this rom. But it might take me some time to do that.

Guest twrock

Here is a link to a zip file. I forgot that I had uploaded it a long time ago. http://www.mediafire.com/?aat4zjn1dd5ddyr

It is not an "installable zip" file. It must be unzipped. It contains three apk files that can be installed from your SD card using a file manager. So you will have Touchpal and both the Zhuyin and Pinyin language packs.

Enjoy.

Hi, I'm new here.

Two weeks before, I was really can't tolerated with my PCCW U android with Android 1.5 (yes, it's already very late). I started search here and finally I've just successfully installed twrock's CM tweak.

Thanks so much for twrock, Tom G and others contributing to this.

I have to enjoy playing with it now and will report back later.

P.S. I know this mod is still with the problem with MAC and I can't use the operator's WiFi services with my current plan

Guest chesterwang1020
Here is a link to a zip file. I forgot that I had uploaded it a long time ago. http://www.mediafire.com/?aat4zjn1dd5ddyr

It is not an "installable zip" file. It must be unzipped. It contains three apk files that can be installed from your SD card using a file manager. So you will have Touchpal and both the Zhuyin and Pinyin language packs.

Enjoy.

Thank you very much!

Guest chesterwang1020
Well, I'm not sure what else I can do to help you get it to work correctly. If you have the CHT8000 (not the CHT8000+), and if you are starting with the official UK2.1 rom as your base, and if you follow the instructions exactly as they are written in the first post, then I can't think of any other reason it doesn't work right for you. Even without any other configuration changes, that exact combination of steps should result in a working system for you.

Incidentally, (and to my surprise) it does look like more and more people are downloading this rom. So if there was something wrong with it, I'm guessing that there would be more people complaining. That's good news for me, but still doesn't help you at all.

Sorry, but I don't know what else to say. :D

Regarding the Chinese Touchpal, I have to go back and find the necessary files to make that work separately from this rom. But it might take me some time to do that.

What I find is that I was not starting with the UK2.1!!! Originally,my phone is in 1.5 official rom(with the CHT defult APP. Hami.......etc.)

When i try to instll UK2.1,it failed(also cannot flash to official Hungry 2.1) ;but luckily it can flash the CM6.1 coustom rom directly!!!

I donot know why!? So I stay with the CM6.1-0.30a-pulse(XM3366336-v1.4) now! I will keep learning from the community,thanks for all of you guys!!!

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
What I find is that I was not starting with the UK2.1!!! Originally,my phone is in 1.5 official rom(with the CHT defult APP. Hami.......etc.)

When i try to instll UK2.1,it failed

I successfully downgraded my CHT8000 from Sweden TRE2.1 to UK1.5(December update) after applying "time machine."

Later on, I was able to upgrade it to UK2.1.

P.S. I know this mod is still with the problem with MAC and I can't use the operator's WiFi services with my current plan
+1....same here :D

Guest twrock

When i try to instll UK2.1,it failed(also cannot flash to official Hungry 2.1) ;but luckily it can flash the CM6.1 coustom rom directly!!!

I donot know why!? So I stay with the CM6.1-0.30a-pulse(XM3366336-v1.4) now! I will keep learning from the community,thanks for all of you guys!!!

Yes, you need to start with the official UK 2.1 rom.

I successfully downgraded my CHT8000 from Sweden TRE2.1 to UK1.5(December update) after applying "time machine."

Later on, I was able to upgrade it to UK2.1.

And in my experience, after using the "time machine", you can go directly to the UK 2.1 official rom, without needing to go back to any official 1.5 rom.

So Chester, you can use the "time machine" that TaiwanCHT8k mentions and then easily move to the UK 2.1 official and then use whichever version of CM 6.1 for Pulse you want to. There is information in The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide for how to use the "time machine":

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e/#entry1318838

And in my experience, after using the "time machine", you can go directly to the UK 2.1 official rom, without needing to go back to any official 1.5 rom.

So Chester, you can use the "time machine" that TaiwanCHT8k mentions and then easily move to the UK 2.1 official and then use whichever version of CM 6.1 for Pulse you want to. There is information in The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide for how to use the "time machine":

I have tried to move to UK 2.1 official from my stock 1.5 HK rom but failed. Then, I found the swiss version mentioned here and the installation stopped at around 85% as expected.

Instead of moving first to UK 2.1, I give it a try to install this CM6.1 chinese mod directly and it works.

I have tried to move to UK 2.1 official from my stock 1.5 HK rom but failed. Then, I found the swiss version mentioned here and the installation stopped at around 85% as expected.

Instead of moving first to UK 2.1, I give it a try to install this CM6.1 chinese mod directly and it works.

Interesting. I'm not sure why that happens.

Are you able to use the Huawei "time machine" (the reset rom)? I would have guessed that if you used that first, you could then install any of the other official roms other Pulse users are installing. But it does seem there are minor differences in the different versions of the U8220 in different countries.

Glad you got something to work.

Guest Koo-san

Thanks for this twrock - I know that some of the standard ROMS don't have enough space to install the Hanvon Calla IME (which I prefer) - so I was looking exactly something like this.

However, the only problem I have is that I want to have Google Nav - and it's not supported officially in Hong Kong. So I've tried to uninstall the normall Google Maps and install Brut Mod version of Google Maps. However, everytime I try (even through ADB) the phone restarts and even through terminal it says there is not enough space!!!

Do you know how I can somehow replace normal Google Maps with Brut Mod? I'm sure I'm deleting Google Maps properly but Brut Mod still fails to install or causes a reboot when I try.

Your assistance is very much appreciated - as I don't think its a fault of CM itself but to do with the system space/partitioning.

Many thanks in advance twrock! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. also trying to install fancy widget but that also causes phone to reboot - any ideas?

P.P.S. it even reboots when I try to install anything from market too... :-(

Edited by Koo-san

Thanks for this twrock - I know that some of the standard ROMS don't have enough space to install the Hanvon Calla IME (which I prefer) - so I was looking exactly something like this.

However, the only problem I have is that I want to have Google Nav - and it's not supported officially in Hong Kong. So I've tried to uninstall the normall Google Maps and install Brut Mod version of Google Maps. However, everytime I try (even through ADB) the phone restarts and even through terminal it says there is not enough space!!!

Do you know how I can somehow replace normal Google Maps with Brut Mod? I'm sure I'm deleting Google Maps properly but Brut Mod still fails to install or causes a reboot when I try.

Your assistance is very much appreciated - as I don't think its a fault of CM itself but to do with the system space/partitioning.

Many thanks in advance twrock! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. also trying to install fancy widget but that also causes phone to reboot - any ideas?

P.P.S. it even reboots when I try to install anything from market too... :-(

Two thoughts for you.

First, Google Maps in this rom is installed into /data, not /system. That means that you only need to uninstall it like you would uninstall any app you have installed from the Market. You do not need to use ADB or anything else to uninstall it.

Secondly, that means that after you uninstall it, there still is no more extra room in /system. So you can not "push" anything else into /system. /system is still completely full.

So if you must create space in /system, you can delete other pre-installed apps. However, Maps.apk is HUGE, so getting enough space in /system will be very difficult. I don't know how big the Brut Mod version of Maps is, but I suspect it is equally large. Your problem with the Market causing reboots is not uncommon, but I suspect it is still an issue with a faulty original rom installation. Particularly, you MUST format /system before installing this rom. Please don't beleive you can skip that step; you can't skip that step and expect this rom to work.

Regarding you other reboot problems, my experience with reboots are typically one of three problems:

1. I messed up something with the original rom installation (see above).

2. I modified my already installed rom and messed something up.

3. I installed a bad app.

I recently had to reflash my rom because I installed three different apps at the same time, and at least one of them started a reboot problem. I couldn't get it fixed, so I started over. (I don't know which of the three was bad, or if it was some weird combination, or what.)

Good luck.

(PS - It looks like this rom is well on its way to becoming the most downloaded rom I've ever modded. So the good news is that it is working for a lot of people and it should be possible to get it working for you too.)

Guest chesterwang1020

Thank you TWrock you definity a Rocker! So nice of you! I will try to learn the "time machine".

And I just wonder how come my phone can direct upgade to CM6.1!? (it was 1.5 rom the CHT coustom rom)

I think my rom is december update already,when i boot to blue screen it shows Build Date Nov 13 2010,16:07:54

Am I right!?

Edited by chesterwang1020

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
I recently had to reflash my rom because I installed three different apps at the same time, and at least one of them started a reboot problem. I couldn't get it fixed, so I started over. (I don't know which of the three was bad, or if it was some weird combination, or what.)
you still can access your device with adb tool when you're stuck on 'ANDROID' screen Edited by TaiwanCHT8k

you still can access your device with adb tool when you're stuck on 'ANDROID' screen

It was not a bootloop, just random, unexplained reboots after installing those apps. Sometimes the phone ran for hours before rebooting, sometimes it was just minutes. No pattern and no explanation. So I first tried to uninstall each of them, then clearing the cache, then reflashing the base rom only (no wipe, etc), then finally giving up and starting over from scratch. And all that was over a two day period of time. So I don't have an explanation of "why", only the final result that a full reinstall was what fixed it.

On the upside, I have a faster system after doing all that (slightly faster Linpack number and a clearly faster "feel"). ;) But maybe that is only because I didn't reinstall everything I had on the phone before.

Thank you TWrock you definity a Rocker! So nice of you! I will try to learn the "time machine".

And I just wonder how come my phone can direct upgade to CM6.1!? (it was 1.5 rom the CHT coustom rom)

I think my rom is december update already,when i boot to blue screen it shows Build Date Nov 13 2010,16:07:54

Am I right!?

No, you can not install CM 6.1 on top of the December update. The December update is not the UK 2.1 official. The December update is a 1.5 rom, and you can't install CM 6.1 on top of a 1.5 rom.

If you are running the December update already, you do not need to install the "time machine". But if you can not install the UK 2.1 official rom, then you might need to use the "time machine" first.

In any case, you must install the UK 2.1 official rom: http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/library/TMOB...20Android21.zip

Then after you know that rom is installed correctly (boot into it once to find out), try to install this modified rom again.

You will have to flash Clockwork Recovery back onto your phone after you install the UK 2.1 official rom.

Remember, all of this information is available in The Ultimate Pulse Owner's Guide.

Good luck.

Guest chesterwang1020
No, you can not install CM 6.1 on top of the December update. The December update is not the UK 2.1 official. The December update is a 1.5 rom, and you can't install CM 6.1 on top of a 1.5 rom.

If you are running the December update already, you do not need to install the "time machine". But if you can not install the UK 2.1 official rom, then you might need to use the "time machine" first.

In any case, you must install the UK 2.1 official rom: http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/library/TMOB...20Android21.zip

Then after you know that rom is installed correctly (boot into it once to find out), try to install this modified rom again.

You will have to flash Clockwork Recovery back onto your phone after you install the UK 2.1 official rom.

Remember, all of this information is available in The Ultimate Pulse Owner's Guide.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot! I will take a try!

Guest chesterwang1020

Good luck.

Thanks a lot! I will take a try!

Guest rahadianbandhot
Hi.I can't install it.

When I did step"5. "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" then scroll to "CM61-Pulse-0.40-tweak.zip" and "Yes - Install CM61-Pulse-0.40-tweak.zip""

================================================

I:Verified system/media/audio/ui/KeypressStandard.ogg

I:Verified system/lib/libGLESv1_CM.so

Installing update...

I:read: ui_print Welcome to CyanogenMod-6.1.0-RC2-Pulse!

Welcome to CyanogenMod-6.1.0-RC2-Pulse!script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "pulse" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "pulse" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "pulse" ||

getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8220" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "u8220" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "u8220" ||

getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8230" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "u8230" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "u8230"

I:read: ui_print

I:read: ui_print assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "pulse" || getprop("ro.bassert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "pulse" || getprop("ro.bI:read: uild.product") == "pulse" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "pulse" ||

E:unknown command [uild.product")]

I:read: ui_print getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8220" || getprop("ro.build.pro getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8220" || getprop("ro.build.proI:read: duct") == "u8220" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "u8220" ||

E:unknown command [duct")]

I:read: ui_print getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8230" || getprop("ro.build.pro getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8230" || getprop("ro.build.proI:read: duct") == "u8230" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "u8230"

E:unknown command [duct")]

I:read: ui_print

E:Error in /sdcard/CM6.1-Pulse-beta-0.40.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

===========================================

What can I do?

MyPhone TYPE is CHT8000

already is T-mobile2.1 Offical Ver.

I also experienced the same thing, and I've been using the rom u8220

-U8220V100R001C85B003 (Hungarian)

-U8220V100R001C125B822_2_1_Eclair_Sweden_H3G

-UK

-U8220V100R001C32B820b (Venezuela Movilnet)

but it still can not install the rom

MyPhone TYPE is U8230

anyone can help?

The following picture

post-705400-1295595351_thumb.jpg

sorry my english is very bad

post-705400-1295595436_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update: 2011 02 03

Here are links to the updated files for this rom. I have not run this rom extensively, so I am not ready to put these links in the first post. If you are willing to give them a try and give me feedback, please do. I'd appreciate that. If I don't hear anything negative and I don't run into problems myself, I'll update the first post.

Basic changes are to update all installed apps to the newest versions. However, there have also been some changes in build.prop to make the phone look more like a typical U8220/Pulse.

My guess is that you can install these two files without a full system wipe, but you should probably at least wipe cache. I like to do clean installs, just to prove to myself that it will install on a clean system. In that case, I do a full system wipe and a format of /system, before installing the ROM, DT Apps2SD, and Gapps (in that order). YMMV.

Enjoy.

Edit: There is something wrong with this update. My best guess is that I have overfilled /system. But I'm not completely sure until I go back, make some changes and try to use it for a while. So, I don't recommend you bother downloading the two files below. I should have an update in a few hours. (But I'm going shopping with my wife, so who knows how long it will be.) ;)

Links:

CM61-Pulse-0.40-tweak0.2.zip

Gapps-Pulse-0.40-tweak0.2.zip

Edited by twrock