I prefer the pulse to the san francisco!

Guest skycatcher

Guest skycatcher

I maybe a philistine but after getting a san francisco for xmas as a replacement for my pulse and spending the time rooting and loading a couple of different roms I have to say i prefer my pulse running jrom. I much prefer the external buttons and i know there is less memory etc but i think i'll keep my pulse and the san francisco will be going on ebay!

I maybe a philistine but after getting a san francisco for xmas as a replacement for my pulse and spending the time rooting and loading a couple of different roms I have to say i prefer my pulse running jrom. I much prefer the external buttons and i know there is less memory etc but i think i'll keep my pulse and the san francisco will be going on ebay!

isi it simply the buttons? doesn't the san fran feel faster?

thanks for your thoughts makes us pulse owners feel good! :(

I like the sound of that :(

Guest Richard_Arkless

I personally would keep the san francisco that way you have the best of both worlds, the customisation, mods, etc for the pulse, san francisco for the everyday phone

I was tempted to get one though then I came to my senses when I compared the spec sheets

Same screen size

Same camera

No front facing camera like on the pulse

The build quality of the san francisco is terrible, everything is squeeky, however the pulse really does feel solid in the hands, only squeeks I here is in the back cover which could be solved my putting something between the battery and the back cover

600mhz (pulse is overclocked to 691mhz)

512mb ram (pulse is 192 but swap has improved it

More space for apps (a2sd solves this problem)

so its not worth me spending another £99 just for 3 improvements

I might get the lg optimus x2, that is an upgrade :(

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest DanWilson
I personally would keep the san francisco that way you have the best of both worlds, the customisation, mods, etc for the pulse, san francisco for the everyday phone

I was tempted to get one though then I came to my senses when I compared the spec sheets

Same screen size

Same camera

No front facing camera like on the pulse

The build quality of the san francisco is terrible, everything is squeeky, however the pulse really does feel solid in the hands, only squeeks I here is in the back cover which could be solved my putting something between the battery and the back cover

600mhz (pulse is overclocked to 780mhz at least!)

512mb ram (pulse is 192 but swap has improved it

More space for apps (a2sd solves this problem)

so its not worth me spending another £99 just for 3 improvements

I might get the lg optimus x2, that is an upgrade :(

Bold.

I'm sure I had 791...

Guest DanWilson
no its overclocked to 691 and is the default in most roms, the max I have seen is 750 which is very unstable

My Pulse had 780 (or slightly more) and was quite stable.

Although they do say that all CPUs are different, and some can take more than others.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Although they do say that all CPUs are different, and some can take more than others.

really, care to post, is this for cm6 or 2.1

Guest igor_anta

You're wrong Dan, sorry :( That was the initial OC attempt by Big Bear and it wasn't correct, only changed the number and not the actual clock speed, that was still 528Mhz. If you remember the benchmark scores were not changed with that OC compared to the default ones.

Guest Richard_Arkless
You're wrong Dan, sorry :( That was the initial OC attempt by Big Bear and it wasn't correct, only changed the number and not the actual clock speed, that was still 528Mhz. If you remember the benchmark scores were not changed with that OC compared to the default ones.

Oh that one lol I thought dan had successfully made a 780mhz kernel which I didnt know about, dont worry dan we all go through the placebo effect when it comes to our phones where we think it has actually improved something when in fact it didnt

Guest DanWilson
You're wrong Dan, sorry ;) That was the initial OC attempt by Big Bear and it wasn't correct, only changed the number and not the actual clock speed, that was still 528Mhz. If you remember the benchmark scores were not changed with that OC compared to the default ones.

Oh that one lol I thought dan had successfully made a 780mhz kernel which I didnt know about, dont worry dan we all go through the placebo effect when it comes to our phones where we think it has actually improved something when in fact it didnt

Wow. So wrong... :(

So 691 is actually the fastest? I live in a world of lies...

It did feel much faster though. And if I could, I'd be trying to push the Pulse to a billion GHz, even if it ended the world, just so I could go to heaven, or hell, and say

"My phone went to a billion gigahertz. How does your quad-core i7 feel now?"

Guest scoobydoo99

LOL, I prefer the Pulse to the SF as well. Pulse has a better sized screen, feels more robust, has the thumb cursor and can be woken up from the menu button.

However, the reboots on my Pulse mean it's being left in the drawer as a backup. The latest CM6 v4 with the 691 kernel was pretty good, but it's only a matter of time when using Opera browser, Handcent, or anything GPS and the Pulse reboots itself.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Wow. So wrong... :(

So 691 is actually the fastest? I live in a world of lies...

It did feel much faster though. And if I could, I'd be trying to push the Pulse to a billion GHz, even if it ended the world, just so I could go to heaven, or hell, and say

"My phone went to a billion gigahertz. How does your quad-core i7 feel now?"

Like I said there is also a 710mhz and a 750 so those are the fastest so far

Lol if you get it to a billion ghz then it will probably melt in your hands ;)

Like I said there is also a 710mhz and a 750 so those are the fastest so far

Lol if you get it to a billion ghz then it will probably melt in your hands ;)

(edited for correction) :(

Guest suriya83
no its overclocked to 691 and is the default in most roms, the max I have seen is 750 which is very unstable

no reboots in 2 week for me 750mhz is stable 100%

p.s. after a friend of my father saw my huawei u8230 he also wanted to buy one. now i have the possibility to get the san francisco (LCD) for almost the same price.

i told him that the san francisco is better, or should i buy him a u8230?

Edited by suriya83

Guest Richard_Arkless
no reboots in 2 week for me 750mhz is stable 100%

p.s. after a friend of my father saw my huawei u8230 he also wanted to buy one. now i have the possibility to get the san francisco (LCD) for almost the same price.

i told him that the san francisco is better, or should i buy him a u8230?

I personally would get the san francisco over the u8220 or the u8230

Now if you asked me whether he should upgrade from that phone to the san francisco I would say no, there isnt much of a upgrade that justifies spending another £99

Guest DanWilson
(edited for correction) :(

I was more going for the actual phone melting as in the plastic but I guess that would happen as well lol

Pulse hands!

WOO!!

It'd be fun though, mini-super-fast-nuke in your hands.

Or in the drawer for me.

Guest Theme Ishere

I seriously loved my Pulse and thought is was a very decent phone, but I haven't looked back at the old times within 5 minutes of using the Blade. I surely prefen the Pulses build quality (e.g. the buttons), but that's about it. The screen of the Blade is amazing, it's responsive and fast as it gets for this kind of price range, all apps are kept in memory, you get facebook notifications seconds after a message arrived, no more freezes and so on.

I had so many problems and restrictions with the pulse, but I always said to myself "Well, you got it for free and it is a low end phone, it's still pretty amazing", but compared to the Blade it is just a relict of old times. I will always be fond of it, but to pick the pulse over the Blade...that is something I cannot recommend nor really understand after taking all pros and cons into account

Guest spanner44

I am thinking of getting a San Francisco for my Daughter in the next couple of weeks and I think it will be a good entry phone for her, although I am also tempted to get one for myself as well as a temporary stop gap, until the next wave of phones are released next year, which will have a knock on effect on the current batch of phones available.

From what I have read and seen, the San Francisco, certainly looks better than the pulse, but whether it is better to spend the £99 on it or wait, depends on what you want to do with your phone.

Guest mehall

I don't regret switching at all. Pulse is a great wee phone, don't get me wrong, but I got my San Fran for £30 less than I paid for my Pulse and the speed increase has been insane. 2.2 running well, etc etc.

Honestly, I do miss the feel of the Pulse, but the aesthetics, for me, cannot be placed more important than the usability.

All that remains is working out what to do with the Pulse.

Guest Theme Ishere
All that remains is working out what to do with the Pulse.

:unsure:

Me too. I was thinking: Well, now I can try all the things I didn't dare to do when it was my No. 1 phone. But now I can do what I want...well, the thing is, I cannot bothered anymore now to spend a lot of time tinkering with it. On the other hand, I really cannot bring myself to sell it for a few pounds. I guess I will end up with using it for my German Sim card, just if anyone tries to send a text to it while I am in the UK or something.