[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Not sure if this is me doing something or not but. . . .

When I load the radio I then click the power button to turn it off, I then exit. Now even though I am not in the Radio App the volume keys still only adjust the media volume.

I have to load task manager and kill the Radio App.

Anyone else get this problem?

I've replaced the one that came with the rom for the latest 0.5 apk by andorko and it works fine, don't have the problem you mention.

Guest JBSCARFACE

Import contacts from sim card not working !!

I updated the kernel but it still showing 2.6.32.9-perf in about menu.

T-Mobile internet settings is wrong unable to use 3g internet..

When to expect a proper rom where is all things works?

Most important features internet and sim contacts..

Cant see any changes only leds working..

Edited by JBSCARFACE

Guest Montpelier

Another T-Mobile UK user without internet here. Tried deleting and replacing the APNs using the app mentioned earlier, with a variety of settings based on earlier roms and T-Mobile's official settings and no luck. Tried the lady's Orange sim and it worked fine. Very strange~!

Guest Rotmann
Import contacts from sim card not working !!

I updated the kernel but it still showing 2.6.32.9-perf in about menu.

T-Mobile internet settings is wrong unable to use 3g internet..

When to expect a proper rom where is all things works?

Most important features internet and sim contacts..

Cant see any changes only leds working..

That's the correct kernel number. Could you just delete the APN's with APNDROID from Market and enter them manually (google android T-Mobile UK APN). Use the Google Contacts to sync contacts, it's much better and easyer as SIM contacts.

There you go! Perfect ROM :unsure:

Guest tanivula

Hi Seb, having 3g problems here in NZ with the blade on r.03.

Vodafone NZ is how it's set up in the APN list however the phone shows Vodafone New Zealand in the lock screen - is this why things are borked? It's a bit funny, though as some things like the gmail app seems to work ok but trying to get to webpages other than the google.co.nz (or .com as it's set to default) has problems.

Update: after messing with some market aps and deleting the APNs and starting fresh, I can confirm that gmail works fine using 3G and the browser will load google.co.nz but it will not connect to any other website that i've tried (inc all bookmarked ones). the FB app doesnt work... WIERD! Can't say i've tried 3G with any other ROM (as we were in EU for the past 6 weeks and roaming charges are horiffic).

Edited by tanivula

@Sebastian404

Will you be creating a completely stock 2.2 rom with no beta files in it at all? I really like your 2.1 de-orangeated ROM and hope for something similar for 2.2.

Guest droweed

hi im gonna try installing sebs rom now, any suggestions on what alternatives i can use for a2sd on this one? i really like that feature on most roms..

thanks

Guest isambard
Another T-Mobile UK user without internet here. Tried deleting and replacing the APNs using the app mentioned earlier, with a variety of settings based on earlier roms and T-Mobile's official settings and no luck. Tried the lady's Orange sim and it worked fine. Very strange~!

i have the same issue here with Sunrise network in Switzerland. I started a separate thread on this and have this issue with 0.2 and 0.3.

i put in that thread some of my initial findings. i swapped to a 2.1 kernel temporarily until i find a fix for this.

link to thread: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...s/#entry1548215

Edited by isambard

Guest tmanutdb

Thanks Seb.

Great work. I like the idea of having a clean, streamlined 2.2. Then just add what is needed by each user themselves.

Reading back throught the comments i'm just wondering was the new kernal ever added to the rom or is a seperate update still needed?

Guest leetron1

Great work Seb..love that this new kernel has ironed out a few niggly issues..

Whats the best way to add A2SD/A2SD+ to your ROM, please..have got an SD with 512mb ext2 partition?

Any help greatly appreciated>>

Guest Rotmann

Format the whole card as FAT32 and use move2sd from the market. Works like a charm for me for 96 Apps and games :D No ext partition needed. Just leave the keyboard, widgets and live wallpapers on the internal memory.

Guest boywonder786

Hi guys,anybody know why when composing text there is no Quick fixes/suggestions/auto-complete?

They are enabled in setttings/language&keyboard/android keyboard.

Has this been removed?

Has anyone noticed that r0.3 (with the new kernel applied) changed how the charging led behaves ? Before (on 2.1) when my battery was below 95percent if i put on external charge the charging led would show red until it reached 95percent and then turn green. Now it just goes green as soon as i attach the external charger, no matter what the battery percentage is; weird ! :D

Edited by xzyk

Same On Japanese Jellyfish :S

yeah, not surprised at that since I believe both have the same origins. I was hoping the kernel release would fix things, indeed it has, but this particular oddity seems a step backwards; not a biggy though, I can live with it.

yes, but as soon as it fully charged, green light goes off :D

great, thanks for that info. Didn't know that as i got mine on charge at the moment, first charge after r0.3+new kernel.

Guest beebaakid

loaded up the rom with the new kernel, Im on t-mobile, the internet is not working I get a H symbol where I used to get a 3g+ symbol, I have deleted the APN supplied and manually added a new one from t-mobile site, anything else to try cheers?

Guest Rotmann

The H is for HSDPA which is synonym to 3G+. This APN Stuff seems to be a real problem on Jellyfish and Sebastian404's Froyo with T-Mobile UK SIMs. Here is a thread about it. Sebastian, help?

Edited by Rotmann

Guest jt_mcg

I had a little bother yesterday using 3g/mobile data as well. I'm not sure if this can help anybody or not but there were two apns listed in gsm/utms options > apn.

One didn't fully work so I ticked the other one and everything started working (all sites in browser, email app, etc).

post-780581-1294439278_thumb.png

Also strangely on 2.1 my network was listed as "Hutchison 3G IReland Limited" miscapitalisation and all. Now it's simply 3. I know other people have been saying they've had the opposite problem with O2 becoming "Telefonica 02 UK Limited" or whatever so it is quite strange how that is all presented.

Any way good luck to those of you mostly on T-Mobile it seems that are currently affected.

Edited by jt_mcg