[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Rotmann
can you let us know how to edit the build.prop?

i've been googling for quite a while and all I know is to change a string value in the .prop thingy but didn't quite get it

I have flashed the ROM with the modified build.prop. You can do this by unzipping the .zip ROM file, go in the system folder, open with the text editor the file build.prop, modify the 0 from debug.sf.hw=0 with a 1 so that it looks like this debug.sf.hw=1

To enable stagefright just search for any stagefright in the file and replace false with true, excepting stagefright.http as it gives you a green bar on youtube HQ videos. Save the file as build.prop again (not .txt) and rezip the file (choose compression as "storage" and do not compress the file as it won't work to flash it).

If you want to enable them on an already flashed ROM you can try with ADB:

adb pull system/build.prop
modify the file as I have written up. Then push the file back to the telephone:
adb remount

adb push build.prop system/build.prop

adb restart

A third option is to modify the build.prop file with root explorer (in the market).

After a restart HW_UI and Stagefright will be enabled.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest jt_mcg
I have flashed the ROM with the modified build.prop. You can do this by unzipping the .zip ROM file, go in the system folder, open with the text editor the file build.prop, modify the 0 from debug.sf.hw=0 with a 1 so that it looks like this debug.sf.hw=1

To enable stagefright just search for any stagefright in the file and replace false with true. Save the file as build.prop again (not .txt) and rezip the file (choose compression as "storage" and do not compress the file as it won't work to flash it).

adb remount

adb restart

A third option is to modify the build.prop file with root explorer (in the market).

You want to leave stagefright http disabled or you'll have problems with youtube HQ vids among other things. I really don't think you'll notice much difference overall in usage, those tweaks seem to game quadrant more than anything else!

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest That-Guy
Hey That-Guy

Did you get this from Seb?

The original was 86.2mb and this is only 82.2 -- did you simply remove the corrupted APK's?

Thanks

No this is the Original Upload I found before it turned corrupt. I haven't removed or edited anything from the file so should work fine.

The MD5 should match up to the one posted in the first post too :unsure:

Guest iashraf
No this is the Original Upload I found before it turned corrupt. I haven't removed or edited anything from the file so should work fine.

The MD5 should match up to the one posted in the first post too :unsure:

cheers fella B)

Guest That-Guy
B) thanks, all I have to do now is re-edit the build.prop.

Just about to do that myself :angry:

Also the "My Maps Editor" closes itself so will be removing that with Root Explorer too :unsure:

Apart from that the rom seems VERY solid!

Guest iashraf
I get a solid 950-1000+ score on this recent update.

Great for browsing. ;]

Are you doing any modifications to achieve that score? like in build.prop?

Thanks

Guest uberduck

To enable stagefright just search for any stagefright in the file and replace false with true. Save the file as build.prop again (not .txt) and rezip the file (choose compression as "storage" and do not compress the file as it won't work to flash it).

adb remount

adb restart

thank you Rotmann so much for such a detailed instruction!

in a nutshell (with modified build.prop)

pros: - very responsive UI, almost as good as my nexus one, if not better

- clock apps is back B)

- FM radio works, but the tuning methods sucked a bit

- wifi tethering definitely works, but i don't have much data left so i didin't give it a thorough test

cons: - some apps are still having problem getting internet access, anything to do with permission?

- no backlight on keys? definitely not a deal breaker :angry:

anyway thanks Seb for such a wonderful rom, it's so good if it's shipped with the next batch of blades, I would say nobody would realise it's a "alpha" rom on modaco :o

can't wait for the next release, hopefully you will figure out why some apps are having trouble connecting to the internet :unsure:

Edited by uberduck

Guest Sebastian404

Hmm, not sure why it was corrupted on hotfile, I have re-uploaded it and changed the link, but it does show the IMPORTANCE of checking the MD5.

It was always available on my website... tho it seems the DDoS attack was back over night, along with the guy who was trying to mirror my stock roms, he seems to be using a proxy (hn.kd.ny.adsl) so it makes it hard to ban without blocking ALL of china.

Guest jamidodger1
Hmm, not sure why it was corrupted on hotfile, I have re-uploaded it and changed the link, but it does show the IMPORTANCE of checking the MD5.

It was always available on my website... tho it seems the DDoS attack was back over night, along with the guy who was trying to mirror my stock roms, he seems to be using a proxy (hn.kd.ny.adsl) so it makes it hard to ban without blocking ALL of china.

:L Ahhah, what's Your website?

Guest jasonXXx

Hi seb nice work with r0.3. Ok in the boot.img in the init.rc i see 2 references to install busybox the later one being busybox --install can this line be removed as there is a better way allready above?

Guest Sebastian404
Hi seb nice work with r0.3. Ok in the boot.img in the init.rc i see 2 references to install busybox the later one being busybox --install can this line be removed as there is a better way allready above?

well spotted, not sure how that got there, but it shouldn't matter

Just to update, installing gingerbread theme on the R0.3 ROM slows things down a bit.

Just in perspective, it lowers quadrant's score down from 1000 to 830.

Guest Sebastian404
Still get a different MD5 for this.

I've right in the middle of trying to do 6 different things at once.. but yeah your right... GRRRRRRR

There's a DDOS attack going on, either on my site directly or the VP it's running under, or maybe California as a whole, they are not being clear...

hopefully I'll have it back up later today....

Guest lordofangels
I've right in the middle of trying to do 6 different things at once.. but yeah your right... GRRRRRRR

There's a DDOS attack going on, either on my site directly or the VP it's running under, or maybe California as a whole, they are not being clear...

hopefully I'll have it back up later today....

OK, no rush take your time.

Guest ZTE Blade_

very clean rom

but something is wrong with the display analysis, widgets & shortcuts are bigger than normal

also, as in Paul's alpha5 rom, i'm unable to send mms (though i've checked all settings with my operator)

finally, no led flash for missed calls/sms/email (Paul's alpha5 was ok)

Thanks Sebastian404 anyway

damn..how can i unroot the device?

Edited by ZTE Blade_