[REPAIR] Looking for a replacement battery door (cover)

Guest Hitomajiri

Guest Hitomajiri

Hello, everyone!

It's nice to finally be part of the great MoDaCo community. I've been reading posts here since 2005. I recall that by that time I had a Samsung D500, and I was trying to figure out how to play games on it. I've come a long way through Windows Mobile, iOS, Symbian and finally, Android.

Well, my first post here is to ask if anyone of you, guys, might know where I can find a replacement battery door (AKA cover) for the DEFY. I've searched dozens of pages but they only seem to have those snap-on covers. Maybe I'm getting one of those in the future, but first I want to make sure my battery door (and everything else) is pristine underneath it... It's scratched already! I guess it was courtesy of my little cousin who handled it for a few minutes... And he already managed to scratch it! Oh, my! Not even a tough phone can stand to him, I guess... :(

I'd rather get one with the Motorola logo only, as mine came carrier-free, but it's OK if have to get T-Mobile's branding all over it. Actually, I've thought of getting a dummy, but I don't know if their battery doors are functional.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Hugs,

Hitomajiri

Edited by Hitomajiri

Guest Hitomajiri

Update: I've contacted Motorola through their Motochat, and the representative told me I could get a battery door from an authorized repair center, at a undisclosed price. I haven't called a repair center to check if they carry this item and its price yet, but I'll do that when I get back home from my vacation. I'll let you know.

Happy 2011 to everybody!

Hitomajiri

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, everyone!

It's nice to finally be part of the great MoDaCo community. I've been reading posts here since 2005. I recall that by that time I had a Samsung D500, and I was trying to figure out how to play games on it. I've come a long way through Windows Mobile, iOS, Symbian and finally, Android.

Well, my first post here is to ask if anyone of you, guys, might know where I can find a replacement battery door (AKA cover) for the DEFY. I've searched dozens of pages but they only seem to have those snap-on covers. Maybe I'm getting one of those in the future, but first I want to make sure my battery door (and everything else) is pristine underneath it... It's scratched already! I guess it was courtesy of my little cousin who handled it for a few minutes... And he already managed to scratch it! Oh, my! Not even a tough phone can stand to him, I guess... ;)

I'd rather get one with the Motorola logo only, as mine came carrier-free, but it's OK if have to get T-Mobile's branding all over it. Actually, I've thought of getting a dummy, but I don't know if their battery doors are functional.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Hugs,

Hitomajiri

If you still haven't found, look at this:

Defy Battery Door Replacement

Guest Hitomajiri
If you still haven't found, look at this:

Defy Battery Door Replacement

Thanks a lot, avers! I still haven't found the replacement cover, so your reply surely came in handy! I didn't give an update to this issue, but the nearest authorized repair center said they won't be carrying replacement doors anytime soon. I hope your answer helps people with the same issue as me! ;)