Advanced Bluetooth Settings

Guest saturnine_sweet

Guest saturnine_sweet

Does anyone know how to, or if you can, access advanced bluetooth settings in Android? Ive scoured the internet and this forum to no avail. Bluetooth performance is horrible as is, no matter what the device I'm pairing with is. A range of about three feet max, which obviously makes it pointless.

Does anyone know how to, or if you can, access advanced bluetooth settings in Android? Ive scoured the internet and this forum to no avail. Bluetooth performance is horrible as is, no matter what the device I'm pairing with is. A range of about three feet max, which obviously makes it pointless.

I guess such horrible performance would not be a software problem..

Guest saturnine_sweet
I guess such horrible performance would not be a software problem..

Actually it can be, if the default bit pool is too low for most devices. That's software, and in many devices it is set low to make battery life more impressive.

Guest Harness

If you can't find it in settings, try the number for the hidden menu (look in the "fast dormancy" thread), if that doesn't work, familiarize yourself with the linux kernel and it's drivers.

Guest HustlinDaily

Nah didn't see any Bluetooth related items in the Testing menu.

Hmm I actually have pretty decent range with my Bluetooth (way more than 3'). Try using it with WiFi off, see if that changes anything.

According to random websites, the codes are:

* # * # 232 331 # * # * – Bluetooth test

* # * # 232 337 # * # - Displays the Bluetooth address

But nothing happens when I put them into my dialer (whether or not BT is on)

Guest fear_factory84

my liquid paired with an sony ericsson mw600 bluetooth ad2p headset lets me walk all around my home..

The only thing I can complain about bluetooth is battery usage...

My bluetooth sucks. I use a Jabra BT3030.

While using with liquid i can't have the phone in the pocket of my pants while listening outside. (Heavy jacket and stuff here in the cold).

Using other device, like an ipod touch i can.

The distance of the phone isn't even a meter.

Guest saturnine_sweet
My bluetooth sucks. I use a Jabra BT3030.

While using with liquid i can't have the phone in the pocket of my pants while listening outside. (Heavy jacket and stuff here in the cold).

Using other device, like an ipod touch i can.

The distance of the phone isn't even a meter.

That sort of behavior with several bluetooth devices which work well with other phones is what has me thinking that there are software settings issues involved.

To everyone else, thank you for the suggestions and I will look into those possibilities.

Guest saturnine_sweet

Anyone have any more info here? Does android just have no means of adjusting these settings? That's pretty lame, as judging from my experience with bluetooth on my WM phone where I could make adjustments, every device has a different optimal setting...