[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest leetron1
We can't use the compiled kernel in any of the Chinese or Japanese ROMs as it is compiled for a different memory area than our Blades use. All current 2.2 ROMs uses either an old beta kernel or a kernel compiled from the sources released by ZTE. I use the latter with some nice tweaks like overclocking. So basicly, no, I won't use the Chinese kernel, it's just not possible.

The only thing I've taken from the Chinese build is their Mms.apk since the Japanese SMS/MMS app is heavily modified for Softbank. I used the Mms.apk from the last chinese leak in RLS7 but I've replaced it with the one from the released Chinese ROM in RLS8. Haven't noticed any differences but newer is better right?

Other than that the Chinese ROM is built almost 1 month before the Japanese ROM so there may not be that much to use from it that we do not allready have.

Thanks, kk..sorry to distract you..love the ROM..

Guest kallt_kaffe
@KK

any chance you can tell me what you changed in the services.jar to fix the Signal Strength im using a custom service.jar so i dont want to just replace it thanks in advance.

Get services.jar from the original softbank dump, and then my latest services.jar. Use apktool to disassemble both and use a tool like WinMerge to compare the results. There is one .smali file that "converts" signal strength to icons and I've changed it to use the same values as in the 2.1 version of services.jar.

Make the same modifications to your services.jar.

RLS8 in first post.

Thanks for the new signed release!

However I want to drive your attention to these functions, that needs some kernel modifications:

FM Radio with RDS (and hopefully TMC) support: link

Taintroid security: link

Maybe you already aware of those, and I hope you will consider putting them into your next release.

Guest ex-efixxer
That is very interesting stuff. Asfaik support for it is in the kernel, it just needs to be turned on. I'll make an addon for it.

very cool thanks!! really looking forward to it!! ;)

yes, i also read support for it is already in the kernel, just has to be enabled..

all the best!!

Guest Shad555

One thing I have noticed is the inability to detect the names of Virtual Networks e.g. giffgaff (UK). I know FLB's ROM's are able to.

A very slight 'issue' on an overall great ROM ;)

Guest kallt_kaffe
One thing I have noticed is the inability to detect the names of Virtual Networks e.g. giffgaff (UK). I know FLB's ROM's are able to.

A very slight 'issue' on an overall great ROM ;)

I believe this depends on what libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so you use. I use the ones from the swedish Comviq/Tele2 ROM. It seems this is something that varies between ROMs depending on which country/operator the ROM was built for. Try replacing those two files with the ones from FLB's ROM or from one an Orange based 2.1 ROM.

I believe this depends on what libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so you use. I use the ones from the swedish Comviq/Tele2 ROM. It seems this is something that varies between ROMs depending on which country/operator the ROM was built for. Try replacing those two files with the ones from FLB's ROM or from one an Orange based 2.1 ROM.

Any chance of this being incorporated in an update.zip?

Hi there,

great work, kallt_kaffe, this is a eally good ROM.

A minor glitch:

in FM Radio the volume keys have no effect, the radio volume doesn't change. The volume bar de- resp. increases, but the volume itself doesn't. In Music- or Videoplayer the keys work as they should. And also in FM Radio. You can' save presets. If you tip a + for about one second, the device slightly vibrates, but don't save the tuned in station.

Edited by bhf

Guest Shad555

Just tried this - The phone now displays 'O2-UK' (The network it 'piggybacks' off), which is more accurate then 'Telefonica...' and is the name more commonly seen on GSM phones (UK locale at least).

However, the phone still does not display 'giffgaff'. I wonder if it is something to do with the Network Operator name being picked up by the SIM, as I have another SIM based in a different country which overwrites the name built into Android (when using FLB's ROM). This happens with the giffgaff SIM too.

Guest chall32
However, the phone still does not display 'giffgaff'. I wonder if it is something to do with the Network Operator name being picked up by the SIM, as I have another SIM based in a different country which overwrites the name built into Android (when using FLB's ROM). This happens with the giffgaff SIM too.

Knew I had seen a fix posted somewhere.... See this post. Not tried it myself as I'm not on Giff Gaff....

- Chris

Installed ROM RLS8, so far so good but still not able to play youtube vids if linked from browser (or dolphin mini) - for example get an email to say Leodee has uploaded a new video, click link in GMail, browser opens, click the video thumbnail and youtube app says unable to play video.

But still love the JJ ;)

Guest arun687

Is the pinch to zoom in Gmail app back on RLS8? If not, it would be great if you could enable it in one of the future updates.

Been on RLS7 since few days and absolutely loving it. Will upgrade to RLS8 soon. Really appreciate your work.

Hi there,

great work, kallt_kaffe, this is a eally good ROM.

A minor glitch:

in FM Radio the volume keys have no effect, the radio volume doesn't change. The volume bar de- resp. increases, but the volume itself doesn't. In Music- or Videoplayer the keys work as they should. And also in FM Radio. You can' save presets. If you tip a + for about one second, the device slightly vibrates, but don't save the tuned in station.

Bhf, the fm radio is not the stock one, but the one developed by andorko. Check this thread.

A minor glitch:

I am also quite sure that this is an issue of andorko's radio app which is shipped by default in this ROM. The radio volume is independent of the media keys. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature ;)

@KK:

I guess that you added the facebook sync fix as well by default. It should be added to the changelog because you added the google DNS revert for RLS 7 as well.

Edited by _amano