[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest dmxpowa
Installed ROM RLS8, so far so good but still not able to play youtube vids if linked from browser (or dolphin mini) - for example get an email to say Leodee has uploaded a new video, click link in GMail, browser opens, click the video thumbnail and youtube app says unable to play video.

But still love the JJ ;)

not all videos on youtube have a HTML5 stream. thats not the ROM's problem but yt's

Guest dmxpowa
Hi there,

great work, kallt_kaffe, this is a eally good ROM.

A minor glitch:

in FM Radio the volume keys have no effect, the radio volume doesn't change. The volume bar de- resp. increases, but the volume itself doesn't. In Music- or Videoplayer the keys work as they should. And also in FM Radio. You can' save presets. If you tip a + for about one second, the device slightly vibrates, but don't save the tuned in station.

try pming the fm radio app author with your problem, this aint the problem of the ROM either.

Guest feckineejit

Not a major problem as i downloaded doubletwist now anyway, but if your playing an mp3 in the music app, and go into task manger, you'll see video is running, if you shut that down the mp3 stops. as i said no biggie as i'm now using doubletwist ;) And as stated above radio volume not working or trying to save stations. Thanks for the rom kallt_kaffe apart from them 2 problem its looking good.

Edited by feckineejit

Guest netview
Wow, just came to check progress on this rom and check for CIFS support in roms. Great to see you've added it to RLS8, great work kallt_kaffe!! ;)

I have upgraded to RLS8, see if it works well.

Edited by netview

Guest Shad555
Knew I had seen a fix posted somewhere.... See this post. Not tried it myself as I'm not on Giff Gaff....

- Chris

This would work as a quick fix, but it doesn't quite work in the same way as the FLB ROM.

On one of my SIM's, when I am roaming the home network actually appears all the time underneath the network I am roaming on (FLB ROM)

Like I said it earlier it is a very minor 'issue', but it is a feature I do like ;)

Installed ROM RLS8, so far so good but still not able to play youtube vids if linked from browser (or dolphin mini) - for example get an email to say Leodee has uploaded a new video, click link in GMail, browser opens, click the video thumbnail and youtube app says unable to play video.

But still love the JJ ;)

why do all the froyo ROMs have this problem? lol

Guest Arr Too

Couple of things that work in FF (2.1) but not in JJ (or other 2.2 ROMs I've tried): the excellent Rain Alarm barfs with "No connectivity" when you start it, but the map seems to work fine so it's the update info for the widget (and alarms?) that fails (making the widget a bit pointless) -- I've tried looking at logcat differences between running it under FF and JJ, but there's nothing obvious.

And it's been mentioned in another thread, but browsing to http://filmon.com and choosing a channel results in errors complaining that Flash isn't installed (or a blank page, or a different [and broken] channel selector), but it works fine in FF -- is this due to something like a change in the User-Agent string?

Guest bugeyes
Couple of things that work in FF (2.1) but not in JJ (or other 2.2 ROMs I've tried): the excellent Rain Alarm barfs with "No connectivity" when you start it, but the map seems to work fine so it's the update info for the widget (and alarms?) that fails (making the widget a bit pointless) -- I've tried looking at logcat differences between running it under FF and JJ, but there's nothing obvious.

And it's been mentioned in another thread, but browsing to http://filmon.com and choosing a channel results in errors complaining that Flash isn't installed (or a blank page, or a different [and broken] channel selector), but it works fine in FF -- is this due to something like a change in the User-Agent string?

With regards to film on, the flash free version only works on 2.1 or below, xscope used to have a 1.6 emulation mode which enabled film on to work on froyo but sadly the dev of xscope removed the option.

Guest cartierv

ok this is just my feedback after an hour with R7 which I finally installed (no hw accel or overclock yet - from what i understand you just flash those the same as a regular rom with clockwork ??)

I'm coming from 2.1 stock. This is my first custom ROM.

Yeah it's a bit smoother. 2.2 doesn't solve some of the laggy unresponsive ui elements of android like menu on app. Android can't even draw its own menus properly but anyway. It is a bit smoother

Slight improvement in pinch zoom on the internet. But android makes a massive mistake here. It tries to zoom live text and elements as themselves. Absolute moronic waste of time. Should just rip the page, zoom that as a bitmap. It's just too slow otherwise. It's an absolute friggin miracle they have got that even as good as they have in 2.2

Gallery speed though seems terrible at generating thumbnails of pics. Absolutely hideous.

stripped down is great, but not sure on the choice of apps, google car and not google maps for instance. but there you go. Launcher pro would have shown off the speed better than stock. but launcher pro would not restore settings i had from a backup. so need to do your custom icons and wallpapers again apparently.

Can I delete email and talk ?

Thanks

good work.

Edited by cartierv

Guest Arr Too
With regards to film on, the flash free version only works on 2.1 or below

Ah! Looks like it is a User-Agent thing, then. I changed "ro.build.version.release" in build.prop to "2.1-update1" and (after a reboot) the filmon.com site shows videos, although now it is enforcing a 5min limit, so perhaps there is more to it than that trivial change. (That might break stuff in other apps, so it's clearly not an ideal solution anyway!)

Guest IronDoc
Gallery speed though seems terrible at generating thumbnails of pics. Absolutely hideous.

stripped down is great, but not sure on the choice of apps, google car and not google maps for instance. but there you go. Launcher pro would have shown off the speed better than stock. but launcher pro would not restore settings i had from a backup. so need to do your custom icons and wallpapers again apparently.

Can I delete email and talk ?

Thanks

good work.

Yeah 2.2 3D Gallery is slow all round. There are faster (but less pretty) alternatives on the market. Google maps is pretty massive, just delete stuff you don't want. The idea is you either partition or pull your own apps and put them in system. I thought you could restore LauncherPro's data, just not widgets.

Wrt email and talk, email is safe to delete and so is talk if your market is working already, I think.

Guest IronDoc
Ah! Looks like it is a User-Agent thing, then. I changed "ro.build.version.release" in build.prop to "2.1-update1" and (after a reboot) the filmon.com site shows videos, although now it is enforcing a 5min limit, so perhaps there is more to it than that trivial change. (That might break stuff in other apps, so it's clearly not an ideal solution anyway!)

Yeah would confuse the market I think. Is this value built into the browser's user agent? You could make a custom one if so, assuming there's a browser which supports that.

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim
very good!

one thing still pending

;)

What about the carrier names, isn't it just a matter of copying that file from 2.1, why can't that be fixed?

Guest cartierv
Yeah 2.2 3D Gallery is slow all round. There are faster (but less pretty) alternatives on the market. Google maps is pretty massive, just delete stuff you don't want. The idea is you either partition or pull your own apps and put them in system. I thought you could restore LauncherPro's data, just not widgets.

Wrt email and talk, email is safe to delete and so is talk if your market is working already, I think.

cool thanks. Now this is interesting. Is there one definitive Google App that you need for the phone set up to the Google account ? I don't think Talk was on the Orange Rom was it ? What are the 'essential google' elements for getting on to Market ? I don't use any sync stuff.

Hmm sounds like they need to get a grip on gallery. It's a problem app all round. One of the main culprits of 100% cpu lock ups for me on 2.1.

It wouldn't let me a restore LP back up. It said it couldn't find the sd card or it was 'in use' or something. All other apps could access it fine.

Edited by cartierv

Guest targetbsp

Talk was on the orange rom but it was hidden and not as a usable app. It loaded up in start up and when I tried to disable it in autostarts it warned me that doing so would probably break the Market.