[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Could someone just clarify a point on the installation procedure for a NOOB.

I realize that I have to wipe data/cache but do I need to do it between installing each of the following 5 elements

JJ RLS8.zip

ahb_overclocked.zip

hw_ui.zip

circle_battery.zip

blueish_kbd.zip

or do I only need to do it once and, if so, at what point.

A similar question for reboot, do I reboot for each element installed or just after installing all 5 elements?

Guest verbose
or do I only need to do it once and, if so, at what point.

Yes, just once, before installing anything.

A similar question for reboot, do I reboot for each element installed or just after installing all 5 elements?

After installing all of them.

Edited by verbose

I thought the advice was don't try to flash everything at once.

Yeah, Frankish is really adament:

For any new installs you must let it boot fully before you applying any mods. Otherwise you etc boot loops. You have been warned again. For now if you want to restore a clockwork backup the procedure is... Restore backup, flash stock theme, let boot. Flash custom theme again. Sorry guys this is unavoidable for now.

Maybe it will work for some people if you only boot at the end, but some people have crashed and burned. I've always booted once before themeing and never had a problem.

Guest leetron1

Hey you knowledgeable lot...whats easiest way to reverse a flash of the ahb overclock.zip to revert to normal ahb clock, please? Would I just reflash the RLS.zip?

Just to satisfy my battery/speed specs testing urge, thanks>>

I often see an error message "Connection cannot be made". Does anyone know what's causing this?

Has this persisted through more than one boot cycle? I had this problem when I installed RLS7, but it went away after rebooting. I'd completely forgot about it! No idea what caused it.

Guest NightSt@lk3r

since flashing RLS8 i have noticed my notification tone has randomly been going off yet when i pick up the phone there are no new notifications.

Guest kyrotec

Not sure if everyone got this problem with RLS7, i cant seem to save any contact on the google account from my Contacts. Its works saving to my Phone(nosync) and SIM card, But not to [email protected] Any solutions?

If not then i try the new RLS8, just hope this problem does'nt show up again.

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd
A day after flashing the RLS8 rom every time I try to wtite a SMS the ”com.android.mms” crashes. I had this problem before and the only way to solve it was to do a wipe and then to flash the RLS8 rom once more.

Is there a easier way to restore the sms app?

try to mv /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db to a backup name and restart, this worked for me. I was getting FC as soon as I tried to open messaging app, but only after restoring from my old messaging data... tried titanium, my backup pro, manual copy, all kinds, but there must be something in the data that this version of mms does not like. every version I tried up to JJ3b was fine, but since upgrading, it only works without the old messages.

Folks,

whoever has the wifi connection problem after coming back from "sleep" try to enable SSID Broadcast on the router.

I've had the problem having the broadcast disabled. by changing it the wireless connection works like a charm....

Cheers

Guest logigamer

regarding to that CONNECTION CANNOT BE MADE, something is not ok with APN settings in that ROM, on some software which is not touching APNs seettings looks like OK or rather I can see less massages. in general, hard to explain, due to fact that this is quite random.

Guest buneech
Same as which 2.1 ? ;)

No idea what the original source might have given, but UK Orange stock behaviour IIRC was

while switched off: red when charging, goes green at 100% (and perhaps resets some battery statistic)

while switched on: red when charging, but goes green at 90% (and continues charging to 100%, keeps showing green)

-- Note: this is different to the behaviour described in the Orange manual!

KK's version seems better, if it goes green at 100%, not at 90% :)

Guest kallt_kaffe
Same as which 2.1 ? ;)

No idea what the original source might have given, but UK Orange stock behaviour IIRC was

while switched off: red when charging, goes green at 100% (and perhaps resets some battery statistic)

while switched on: red when charging, but goes green at 90% (and continues charging to 100%, keeps showing green)

-- Note: this is different to the behaviour described in the Orange manual!

When switched off it doesn't matter what I do, it will work the same anyway, but for switched on, charging, it uses RED for battery low, Orange for medium and Green for full.

But yes, it goes green when it's somewhere around 90%, not sure when it goes from red to orange.

Now when I say Orange it's rather something like light red. Judging by the ARGB values used it should actually be bright yellow. However until I dissassembled the code I thought it was red until it turned to green.

The 2.1 source I used for comparison is the Comviq/Tele2 ROM (Swedish Snow RLS1).

If are curious you can try this from adb (assuming the LED is off when you start which means you need the non-fixed services.jar that turns the LED off when fully charged):

echo "255" > /sys/class/leds/red/brightness (this will turn the LED "red")

echo "255" > /sys/class/leds/green/brightness (now we have both RED and GREEN turned on it should be yellow or orange or perhaps in LEDs it's what we call "Amber" but on my phone it's more like a lighter shade of red perhaps a bit towards orange)

echo "0" > > /sys/class/leds/red/brightness (Turn off red and go totally green (which is someimes looks more like white on my phone which propably explains the reddish amber I get)

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest spiralbrain

The power button seems a lot less responsive to bring it out of sleep. Sometimes it needs to be pressed 3-4 times to make it sleep or wake from sleep. It was ok in my stock orange rom ;)

The Led is green while charging and is very annoying.

Guest islandofshame

sorry my bad, thought my post had been deleted...

absolutely no-one has commented on it though so easy mistake to make...

excellent rom, i'm sure i speak for everyone when saying that your work is much appreciate kallt_kaffe

upgraded from Flibblesans r3 lastnight to JJRL8 and was pleasantly surprised to see that the backlights on my buttons were working, woohoo! ;) however, they now appear to have stopped working. I have installed several applications and also applied the gingerbread theme for RSL7 (thought possibly a bad idea, but posts suggest it should be fine), could this have had an impact?

I have also experienced on two occasions now that my phone refused to go to sleep, dims the screen brightness but screen remains on - I've found that I need to restart my phone to resolve the problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

cheers guys

- island :)

Edited by islandofshame

Guest cartierv

ok i've installed setcpu for the overclock. Is this right or completely wrong ? It says it can detect various settings but it doesn't seem to do it. I took it to 710 it seems ok. I can't really tell if there's a whole lot of difference or if it's doing anything at all

Guest defcrash
upgraded from Flibblesans r3 lastnight to JJRL8 and was pleasantly surprised to see that the backlights on my buttons were working, woohoo! ;) however, they now appear to have stopped working. I have installed several applications and also applied the gingerbread theme for RSL7 (thought possibly a bad idea, but posts suggest it should be fine), could this have had an impact?

If your brightness level is on automatic then the backlights on the buttons will only show up if you're on a dark environment, try to cover the top of your phone with your hand and you'll see them.

I have also experienced on two occasions now that my phone refused to go to sleep, dims the screen brightness but screen remains on - I've found that I need to restart my phone to resolve the problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Never had a problem with my phone not going to sleep, but i'm still on the RLS5, will try this RLS8 maybe on the weekend.

Just love this rom KK, thanks for the support.

Guest vitroid
ok i've installed setcpu for the overclock. Is this right or completely wrong ? It says it can detect various settings but it doesn't seem to do it. I took it to 710 it seems ok. I can't really tell if there's a whole lot of difference or if it's doing anything at all

The detecting it does is to determine safe max clock and min clock.

ok i installed jj rls8 now and i have some problems.

previously i had customized bladevillain and it worked all ok, but here it isnt. first thing is, i cannot connect to internet. i looked into APN settings and i manualy entered my operator settings since there were ***** (stars ;) ) on all places . and it is still not working.

i also installed hw ui and blueish keyboard and i rebooted my phone on every new install. blueish keyboard is not blueish at all, in fact there is absolutely no change. what to do ? especially for internet, because if it will not work i will go back on 2.1 customized bladevillain

Guest cartierv
The detecting it does is to determine safe max clock and min clock.

That's what I thought. I just couldn't tell at first if it had actually taken that into account. I think it has.

What's the max clock before the phone crashed people have got ? I've taken it 748 and it seems stable assuming it's actually working.

The other question I had was is 'on demand' more of a strain on the unit ? I.e is it more stress on the cpu/bus to switch speeds (fairly often I am guessing) this way ? Does the phone iteself with stock rom switch cpu speeds like this ?

Thanks.

Edit got first hang.

Edited by cartierv