[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Hi there,

First thing first: My Blade runs with JJ8.

After more than 18 hours, my battery has now 57% left. I used 3G Data (HSDPA) the whole time, several emails were pushed onto my phone. GPS/Google Nav was used for about 45 min, that drains the battery - fast. Battery life when navigating plunged from 82% down to 67% and then 57%. Repeating myself gladly, I am highly pleased with this ROM. No severe glitches or errors. Wifi reconnects after sleep. Incoming calls were showed with the whole contact informations (i.e. name and number). Have i mentioned, how pleased I am? ;)

I can only thank kallt_kaffe for his tremendous work, over and over again. Chapeau, my dear sir.

sorry you are right, i am a little impatiance because, there is chance that i will need internet tomorrow on my phone.

i did not back up any stuff, i cleared cache and data and factory reset. the only thing that was left was 1 picture on my sd card. no apps and games were left

Atleast I needed to enable data roaming before my internet worked trough 3G. Settings->Wireless & networks->Mobile networks->Data Roaming.

kallt_kaffe didn't you already fix this issue earlier for Saunalahti customers or what??? JJ8...

roobe

Guest cartierv

RS7 eats battery like mad compared to stock. It's bad with no overclock. With o/c you can watch it drain and clean the battery in about an hour or 2 of use.

Also are USSD codes not working? Can't dial giffgaff balance number.

Also phone can go into lock if you make a call then hold phone upside down. So it's more than the proximity brightness off it's actually gone into lock screen when the screen comes back on apparently.

Guest jurrasstoil
RS7 eats battery like mad compared to stock. It's bad with no overclock. With o/c you can watch it drain and clean the battery in about an hour or 2 of use.

using jj with hw_ui and ahb overclock @ 672mhz and after ~30minutes of angry birds i went from 82% down to 67%. No idea how you are draining the whole battery in an hour or 2.

Guest cartierv

Dialer is using 50 % of network in Spare Parts. Dialler ? Is that normal ? Others have said it's gobbling battery in Partial Wake and it is.

What is Dialer using the network for ? Is there something like tcpdump on this ? We should see what's actually going out from this phone.

Edit: is 3g and stuff part of dialer ?

Edited by cartierv

Guest cartierv
using jj with hw_ui and ahb overclock @ 672mhz and after ~30minutes of angry birds i went from 82% down to 67%. No idea how you are draining the whole battery in an hour or 2.

sorry for noob question. How do you turn on hw accel once it's installed. Or is it just 'on' ?

Edited by cartierv

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd

Also are USSD codes not working? Can't dial giffgaff balance number.

Also phone can go into lock if you make a call then hold phone upside down. So it's more than the proximity brightness off it's actually gone into lock screen when the screen comes back on apparently.

USSD Balance lookup (*100#) working for me on GiffGaff (JJrls8)

Guest dannejo

thanx for a nice rom.. ;)

everything here works as aspected, beside one thing, my charging led (back button) is glowing red even if my phone isent connected via cable.

am i the only one who have this problem? i dident had it on stock rom or other 2.1 rooted roms, some 2.2 roms my backlights dident even work at all.

regard Daniel

Guest PeterDreher

Hey KALLT

Will you get the LEAD-Displays to work with this ROM?

What about your other ROMs and the LEAD-Display (like in the Swiss Phones)???

Thanks a lot!

TFT:

IC: NT35580

Glass: LEAD

TFT:

IC:HX8369

Glass:TRULY

OLED:

IC: TL2796

Glass: Samsung

Guest IronDoc
Is VM Heap Tool in here already somewhere ? What's it set to ?

It says on XDA 'now appearing in Japanese Jellyfish ROM'

From OP: Added VM Heap tool (and changed VM Heap size back to the default 24Mb as you can now easily change it yourselves)

Ctrl + f works wonders...

Thanks for the great work kallt, however there is one issue that I have:

GPS will just not work. I've used all the JJ ROMs right from RLS2 and GPS will just not work on any of them. Location via WiFi works perfectly. But GPS does not, even when I am outdoors. The only solution I've found is having Ulysee Gizmos first running in the background and then using Maps to get my location. Otherwise it will just ot work. Anybody else having this issue?

Guest kallt_kaffe
The detecting it does is to determine safe max clock and min clock.

No, it just detects what frequencys are in the frequency table. You need to do the auto detection to make it see the new frequencys. It does NOT mean that they are safe. Most phones will propably find their upper limit in the 691.2 - 729.6 area. Mine run rock-solid at 710.4MHz.

Guest kallt_kaffe
The other question I had was is 'on demand' more of a strain on the unit ? I.e is it more stress on the cpu/bus to switch speeds (fairly often I am guessing) this way ? Does the phone iteself with stock rom switch cpu speeds like this ?

The phone always boots with "Performance" (set as default in the kernels) but switches to "On demand" by one of the startup scripts. This is the default behaviour in stock ROMs so "On demand" is the default setting. It means it will scale the CPU speed when it needs to. "Performance" means it will use the max setting always.

I think the SetCPU help webpages describes this in more detail. I always leave it in On demand but sometimes change to Performance when doing benchmarks.

Guest kallt_kaffe
One other thing that should deserve your attention is probably the battery issue. After playing with a few roms, I now have a theory regarding the generally poor battery life on JJ.

Though dialer partially awakes but not for long comparing to the total system-on time, so should be ignored. I think the root to the battery problem lies with auto-brightness. In low light, screen brightness only drops down to ~60%, which means brightness ranges from 60% - 100% all the time! On both MCR and FLB roms (Chinese ROM), brightness drop down to ~15%, so have a much wider range. I think the Japanese blade might be using a different light sensor than our SF, hence needs to be re-calibrated for SF.

I'll compare the brightness levels between the Chinese and the Japanese ROMs and look for differences. I've seen those arrays somewhere. I think they are in framework-res.apk.

EDIT: Yes, it seems the Chinese autobrightness goes down to lower levels. I'll copy those values and make a new framework-res.apk that you can test.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hi I installed the rom around 6ish but I don't like how the keyboard buttons are small, is there anyway to change these to make them slightly bigger as I have big fingers.

You could try to switch to HTC_IME (also included). It has bigger buttons.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Actually my one big criticism of the ZTE Blade is it is a little bit laggy and jumpy with text input no matter what the keyboard. Although Smart Keyboard Pro is the worst offender.

Disable Vibration on the keyboard you are using if you have it enabled. I always end up disabling it because it creates a lag and jumpyness.

Guest kallt_kaffe
hey KK sorry to intrude ur topics with trash ;)

on xda we kinda have CMI b2 with wifi up, only thing missing to make it fully usable for everyday is teh TS calibration and d-pad disable patchs that u have done before :) pls share them so we are able to continue ur work.

thx alot :D

I'll have a look at the CMI thread and see if I can help with some ideas that I have.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Do NOT trust battery indicator after a flash unless you've been running for some time and done a couple of long charging (keep charging even if it says it's full). I've also noticed in the kernel source that the min and max default levels are different than in the 2.1 source so a 2.2 install might need more time to "learn" the characteristics of your battery.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hey KALLT

Will you get the LEAD-Displays to work with this ROM?

What about your other ROMs and the LEAD-Display (like in the Swiss Phones)???

Thanks a lot!

TFT:

IC: NT35580

Glass: LEAD

TFT:

IC:HX8369

Glass:TRULY

OLED:

IC: TL2796

Glass: Samsung

Anyone tried? What happens? In 2.1 the screen support in the released kernel source was incomplete but I believe the 2.2 kernel source should be what ZTE used on their released 2.2 phones so support might be built in allready.