[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Thanks for cold_coffee for great work ;)

Now that many people are asking about keyboards, I will also request something. It would be very nice if we could get proper Finnish keyboard layout. Currently it's missing crucial ä and ö characters. I have been using the Swedish keyboard since it has those but then I cannot use predictive texting. Even having the same layout as Swedish keyboard would be improvement but to make it absolutely perfect, the å could be removed since it's not used in any Finnish words.

Otherwise I love this ROM!

Guest PeterDreher
Anyone tried? What happens? In 2.1 the screen support in the released kernel source was incomplete but I believe the 2.2 kernel source should be what ZTE used on their released 2.2 phones so support might be built in allready.

Thanks for your reply.

But sure, 2.2 was testet but the screen gets blueish or with blue distorions. Are you willing to fix this in 2.1 and in 2.2 as well?

Will be pretty important since i think that a lot of people will get a LEAD-TFT.

Changing boot.img to the original in 2.1 fixes it but then no overclocking. And A2SD wont be working either, or would it?

Sure not working für 2.2.

Original Boot (LEAD) can be found here:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/327...0/#entry1553091

Thank you so much.

Edited by PeterDreher

Hi guys - RLS8 seems great so far, but - I installed the blue-ish mod for the gingerbread keyboard, I don't really like these colours though, contrast isn't great for me - how can I switch back easily?

Guest mazaisti
I was just using it in the alarm app. I can't even find a setting for it in.... settings. It's stuck on Rooster. But that's ok. I like Rooster.

I noticed the same but it is actually UI glitch in my opinion. It does not allow to change the alarm tone when phone is in SILENT mode. Turn sounds on and alarm tone can be changed again.

In silent mode:

- Alarm clock > Preferences > Alarm Defaults > Ringtone field seems active, but nothing happens when clicked. (in sounds on mode Alarm sound selection dialog opens).

- Alarm clock > any alarm > Ringtone same as above.

In my opinion in silent mode the Ringtone field:

- Should look disabled (like in Sound settings in main settings)

- or let user to change the tone without playing it

- or give explicit feedback to user that ringtone cannot be changed in silent mode.

I don't know it this is default behavior or depending on rom. Minor glitch anyway.

BTW, I love Japanese Jellyfish ;)

Guest Cythraul

Now that many people are asking about keyboards, I will also request something. It would be very nice if we could get proper Finnish keyboard layout.

So it's still wrong in RLS8? I'm on RLS7 and I just installed another version of the gingerbread keyboard with the correct layout.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Thanks for your reply.

But sure, 2.2 was testet but the screen gets blueish or with blue distorions. Are you willing to fix this in 2.1 and in 2.2 as well?

Will be pretty important since i think that a lot of people will get a LEAD-TFT.

Changing boot.img to the original in 2.1 fixes it but then no overclocking. And A2SD wont be working either, or would it?

Sure not working für 2.2.

Original Boot (LEAD) can be found here:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/327...0/#entry1553091

Thank you so much.

I don't want to reflash with 2.1 right now but could you try to extract the kernel config from the working boot.img? Boot with a 2.1 kernel that works correcly then from adb copy /proc/config.gz to the sdcard and upload it as an attachment.

EDIT: Nevermind, extracted kernel from the swiss boot.img and then extracted the config from the kernel.

EDIT2: Can't find any clues in the config.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Now that many people are asking about keyboards, I will also request something. It would be very nice if we could get proper Finnish keyboard layout. Currently it's missing crucial ä and ö characters. I have been using the Swedish keyboard since it has those but then I cannot use predictive texting. Even having the same layout as Swedish keyboard would be improvement but to make it absolutely perfect, the å could be removed since it's not used in any Finnish words.

Otherwise I love this ROM!

Try Scandinavian Keyboard from market and Finnish dictionary to it.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I'll compare the brightness levels between the Chinese and the Japanese ROMs and look for differences. I've seen those arrays somewhere. I think they are in framework-res.apk.

EDIT: Yes, it seems the Chinese autobrightness goes down to lower levels. I'll copy those values and make a new framework-res.apk that you can test.

This framework-res.apk goes down as low as the Chinese 2.2 ROM but still has an additional step between the lowest setting the new one above so it's not exactly like the Chinese one but it should go as dark just the transition should be a tiny bit smoother.

framework_res.zip

Guest kallt_kaffe
I'll compare the brightness levels between the Chinese and the Japanese ROMs and look for differences. I've seen those arrays somewhere. I think they are in framework-res.apk.

EDIT: Yes, it seems the Chinese autobrightness goes down to lower levels. I'll copy those values and make a new framework-res.apk that you can test.

And here's one with exactly the same levels as the Chinese ROM.

framework_res_ver2.zip

Guest kallt_kaffe
I don't want to reflash with 2.1 right now but could you try to extract the kernel config from the working boot.img? Boot with a 2.1 kernel that works correcly then from adb copy /proc/config.gz to the sdcard and upload it as an attachment.

EDIT: Nevermind, extracted kernel from the swiss boot.img and then extracted the config from the kernel.

EDIT2: Can't find any clues in the config.

Could you flash JJ and then try the following in a terminal or adb:

dmesg | grep PanleID

Let me know what it says. I need to know for sure what "PanleID" (Yes it's misspelled in the code) your phone identifies itself with. My OLED OSF have PanleID 40.

Guest AlphaVision

Kallt, will frankisch themes work with the changed framework or he will need to make new ones?

Guest whatcolour

Thanks, KK. Efficient and to the point as usual! Testing both services.jar and framework changes.

Guest whatcolour
Kallt, will frankisch themes work with the changed framework or he will need to make new ones?

I'll do this one: no.... and yes, if you want the old brightness levels back!

Edited by whatcolour

Guest elastico
try to mv /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db to a backup name and restart, this worked for me. I was getting FC as soon as I tried to open messaging app, but only after restoring from my old messaging data... tried titanium, my backup pro, manual copy, all kinds, but there must be something in the data that this version of mms does not like. every version I tried up to JJ3b was fine, but since upgrading, it only works without the old messages.

THANK YOU! It worked like a charm! ;)

Guest targetbsp

I'm still using release 7 as I like the smart dialler and nothing in 8 makes me want to lose it atm - especially the wipe. ;) Until now... What are the chances the framework files with the fixed auto brightness in will work on rls 7? Thanks

Guest AlphaVision
I'm still using release 7 as I like the smart dialler and nothing in 8 makes me want to lose it atm - especially the wipe. ;) Until now... What are the chances the framework files with the fixed auto brightness in will work on rls 7? Thanks

There is a smart dialer for RLS8 in the first post

Guest kallt_kaffe
Thanks, KK. Efficient and to the point as usual! Testing both services.jar and framework changes.

I'm using the first version, seems to go a bit darker now if I cover the ligth sensor. I'm also having the services.jar with fixed charging LED installed aswell as a new kernel where the original, non-modified, radio app works again (found a way to fix it when looking for a way to increase the volume, didn't find a way to increase volume though but that might have because I got distracted by the radio fix)

Guest kallt_kaffe
Facebook Synchronization works, but I can't seem to link contacts together...

I know. Haven't managed to fix that. Disassembled Java isn't the most easy thing to work with.

Guest kamalaggi

For anyone having the problem with the Telefonica O2 UK Limited operator name try copying the libril-qc-1.so from the Orange Stock ROM 2.1 to the system\lib folder. I did this before flashing and it worked for me. It now displays O2-UK

Does anyone know how to stop the vibrate when someone answers my call.

Thanks