[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest cartierv
mine says giffgaff... amazing how the smallest details can be the most annoying sometimes... ;-)

It's easy to change, not sure what other differences there are in the original Orange library vs the jj one... just overtype the text in a hexeditor and fill the rest with null (00) so that the size and offset does not change...

eg

post-791407-1295616644_thumb.png

Why are you annoyed about giffgaff coming up as O2 Telephonica ? giffgaff are O2 basically

Edited by cartierv

Guest spaceguy
Does not do the trick on my phone. No matter in which order I do it. Anyone else have any ideas?

the guy @mvheuver wrote to you 4 posts up, maybe that will help you, check it out;)

or you can take the sd card out and put it in the sd card slot on your mac if you have such slot.

Edited by spaceguy

Guest cartierv

It's really quite ridiculous that we can't pin down this battery thing at all. All we've deduced is there is high usage and partial wake from dialler, and it uses more when 3G and/or wifi are enabled (though we don't know which or if it's both).

The dialer issue is indeed quite odd! Now that both brightness control (you should really try this) and stock FM are fixed, this dialer problem is the only obstacle away from a perfect Froyo. Hope KK's compiling from AOSP journey goes well!

The dialer issue is indeed quite odd! Now that both brightness control (you should really try this) and stock FM are fixed, this dialer problem is the only obstacle away from a perfect Froyo. Hope KK's compiling from AOSP journey goes well!

Sorry. I asked this before. And I honestly don't know the answer. Does anyone else find it odd that dialler is using the network> , or it says it is in Spare Parts during partial wake ?

Edited by cartierv

Guest los_alamos_boy
Sounds obvious but:

The card works in the phone ok ?

Try a different USB socket

Try rebooting the Mac and or phone

Are other external USB devices working ok on the Mac (if not it's PMU or SMU reset - sorry can't remember which - please check Apple's knowledge base for your model)

Edit: sorry didn't see other post.

I think it works here ok or did the other night with R7

Works in the phone OK and with a card reader. Updated my macs software also… So it must have something to do with the RLS8 :lol:

Guest Maringer
Hello everyone

I need your help since i couldn't find any solution.

Since upgrading from RLS6 to RLS8 (with wipe/reset) i get the error message "connection cannot be made" when trying to connect to a correctly configured APN.

Any ideas how to resolve this problem?

Thanks, NOI5IA

Disable Assisted GPS and it should resolve this problem (well, it did with me). You'll find this option in the 'Location and Security' settings.

Edited by Maringer

Some questions:

1) The latest kernel lists CIFS support. What is the purpose of this? The samba client software cannot work without kernel support?

2) Stagefright is apparently fixed in Android 2.2.1 which is a minor upgrade (http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-roms-rom-customisation/329541/stagefright/) - would it be possible to update to 2.2.1? Would this also fix the hw accelerated gui?

3) Since the ROM apparently supports CIFS now, what's the preferred way to connect to shares on a home LAN? I've used NFS between my Linux systems, but it requires some userland support (mostly /etc/fstab entries and portmap)

4) I've moved all possible applications to the sd with appstosd. Appstosd says that 4.26 MB out of 208 MB (still on RLS3) are free. I counted the space usage of all apps (including stuff in the sd) and got about 100 MB. Apparently the system is storing the installation packages of apps even if they're removed or does it have anything to do with this ROM

Guest abdidas

Youtube videos from the youtube website dont work for me it says cannot play video and it says the same for tvcatchup.

however youtube videos work from the app strangely, anyways what is the fix for this issue?

Guest liamdunn
Youtube videos from the youtube website dont work for me it says cannot play video and it says the same for tvcatchup.

however youtube videos work from the app strangely, anyways what is the fix for this issue?

Because they require flash to play which we dont have

Guest Gjole86
I'll have a look at the CMI thread and see if I can help with some ideas that I have.

thx, i know u are busy with this now :lol: take ur time. there is new thread too, u will find it its usualy active, page 1 or 2 :))

Guest kallt_kaffe

Here's a Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk that I've compiled from AOSP source. Should work with facebook sync and join/split. The Groups tab is gone though as it isn't avialable in the AOSP version.

Can someone try this out (with RLS8) and make sure nothing else got broken in the process.

You will at least need to wipe data for all Contacts related apps (should be 3) or a full wipe will of course also work.

Contacts.zip

Guest jasonXXx

QUOTE(kallt_kaffe @ Jan 19 2011, 15:19)

Here's a services.jar to be put in /system/framework. Will take a long time on first boot as it has to rebuild the dalvik-cache but once it is done the charging LED should the same as in 2.1 (red for low, orange for medium and green for full). Have not been able to test it at all levels yet.

@KK

Is this the original service.jar from the Softbank 003Z V1.0.0B15 ROM with the signal fixed and the led colors fixed is there any other changes? and is it confermed all working fine?

Guest whatcolour
Here's a Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk that I've compiled from AOSP source. Should work with facebook sync and join/split. The Groups tab is gone though as it isn't avialable in the AOSP version.

Can someone try this out (with RLS8) and make sure nothing else got broken in the process.

You will at least need to wipe data for all Contacts related apps (should be 3) or a full wipe will of course also work.

Brilliant! Will test first thing when I get back home!

First need to ensure you are using the mobile version of tvcatchup ie m.tvcatchup.com

then if you go to the website forum you will see the red banner at the top says the mobile service is out of action for the time being http://forums.tvcatchup.com/

Think it's the case for every 2.2 ROM that need the Youtube App is needed to play the vids rather than the web version

Hope this helps

Guest kallt_kaffe
QUOTE(kallt_kaffe @ Jan 19 2011, 15:19)

Here's a services.jar to be put in /system/framework. Will take a long time on first boot as it has to rebuild the dalvik-cache but once it is done the charging LED should the same as in 2.1 (red for low, orange for medium and green for full). Have not been able to test it at all levels yet.

@KK

Is this the original service.jar from the Softbank 003Z V1.0.0B15 ROM with the signal fixed and the led colors fixed is there any other changes? and is it confermed all working fine?

Yes, no and yes. Have been running it for some time now and it seems to work just fine.

Guest extremedigital

Hi KK, i just updated with the 2 apk...

My process was first stop the gmail syncing, then wipe the data on the 3 Contact related app in Settings---> Manage Apps----> All

Then i used a file manager proggie to run the apk and install over the old applications....

Turned on syncing again on both Gmail accounts and Facebook and volia it seams to have merged the details OMG success at last as a freebie it also seams to have merged my whatsapp info into the main contacts as well !!!

So far so good, i did notice a slight issue but i am sure thats to do with the gmail account itself that if you have 2 contacts with same surname then it synced the address i have on the first contact to the 2nd person... so for example my daughter now has the same address as my mum and dad LOL.....

Also shows more info on the contacts front page eg the birthday info which has been missing for a while

I will have to edit the info on my Gmail account i am sure....

THANKS MAN EXCELLENT WORK...

Looks like time for a version 10.0 as this is not a 9 but a 10....

Edited by extremedigital

Guest AisleOfCats
It's really quite ridiculous that we can't pin down this battery thing at all. All we've deduced is there is high usage and partial wake from dialler, and it uses more when 3G and/or wifi are enabled (though we don't know which or if it's both).

Sorry. I asked this before. And I honestly don't know the answer. Does anyone else find it odd that dialler is using the network> , or it says it is in Spare Parts during partial wake ?

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding this issue, but I think I had the same problem. Battery would drain like crazy even when I didn't use the phone at all (i.e. leaving it over night when it should be sleeping). Seems like it was kept on partial wake a lot, cause the front buttons could wake it up. This was also confirmed with the battery usage statistics. For me, turning FB sync completely off helped, and the phone went back to full sleep. This seems like it would fit the symptoms of dialer/network being used, since the FB sync is integrated in the dialer.

Guest oh!dougal

THAT is one VERY serious shortcoming ... :lol:

Facebook join/split or Groups? Groups every time for me (though a noisy few might choose the alternative!)

Guest paraselene

It works for me and it automatically link accounts with same name :lol:

Guest extremedigital

Another good thing if you already have a photo for your contact it will not try and overwrite with the Facebook one.

However if your contact doesnt have a photo then it uses the Facebook one.

I think this is a good thing as you may prefer to use your own pictures rather than the facebook generated ones

EDIT

My Groups Tab is still showing ??? so i think that is still ok for those concerned

Edited by extremedigital

Guest extremedigital
in Settings---> Manage Apps----> All Which ones are the contacts related apps?

Contacts

Contacts Storage

Contacts Sync Adapter

Like i said i didn't want to risk wiping the info whilst having Sync Gmail contacts switched on in your address book so i switched it off first before i did the wipe that way it cannot wipe the info from the main Gmail server if that makes any sense

Guest kallt_kaffe
Contacts

Contacts Storage

Contacts Sync Adapter

Like i said i didn't want to risk wiping the info whilst having Sync Gmail contacts switched on in your address book so i switched it off first before i did the wipe that way it cannot wipe the info from the main Gmail server if that makes any sense

I've wiped the data several times without doing that and had no ill effects. It just resyncs the contacts within an minute or two.

It works and I can merge facebook contacts.

But...

I am using SmartDialer addon I lose the dialer (well, I get the standard one via contacts) and Groups. Also after reboot the facebook merge option is gone and the dialer is reverted back to SmartDialer and so is contacts (get groups back)