[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest oh!dougal
I'll be out today. ...
Firstly, I take that as you having a life -- rather than (as some have read it) -- r9 expected today ...

Likely RLS9 will be the final JJ version. Rumours says a Swedish official 2.2 will be out soon so we may soon have a new base to work from. I'm also doing some AOSP experiments. Just because "it can't be done" won't stop me from trying.

Have you considered including Wbaw's mini /cache repartition tweak (as per the partitioning thread)?

Before closing Jellyfish, can anything be done about the "Japanese-style" (calls/sms) roaming (with the "Roaming adopt' setting and its Japanese dialling code) ?

Its an absolutely splendid effort to provide a 2.2 that is plenty stable enough for everyday use, delivered way ahead of ZTE's european showing!

"When updating to RLS9 from RLS8 a full wipe is not needed but you must wipe data from the three Contacts related apps and resync your contacts. If unsure, do a full wipe".

pls excuse my ignorance here, but which three Contacts related apps are you referring to above ?

I've only just recently installed RLS8 and really prefer not to have to wipe everything again.

thanks for a great rom..

EDIT: Answer found burried deep inside one of many, many pages of this thread. Apparently (and I'm assuming the answer was corrrect as given in the thread), the 3 contacts related apps are: Contacts, Contacts Storage, and contacts Sync Acapter, all under Settings---Applications---Manage Applications---All.

Edited by xzyk

Guest skymera
Thanks for RLS9

The HW_UI link is wrong.... goes to AHB_OVERCLOCKED

EDIT: aaah... rascas was quicker :lol:

I'm sure it can be enabled by simply adding debug.sf.hw=1 to your build.prop and rebooting.

If this is indeed the last JJ, I would just like to thank Kalte_Kaffe for what I believe is the ROM that fulfils, and seems to go beyond the Blade's potential.

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do from here, Kaffe. Surely the next ROM's gotta be called Swedish "Swan".

At MoDaCo, every day is a Wednesday.

Guest Blues003
If this is indeed the last JJ, I would just like to thank Kalte_Kaffe for what I believe is the ROM that fulfils, and seems to go beyond the Blade's potential.

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do from here, Kaffe. Surely the next ROM's gotta be called Swedish "Swan".

At MoDaCo, every day is a Wednesday.

This has to be one of the best posts ever. Specially the last line.

I suggest Swedish "Swordfish". :lol:

Hi there,

is ist just me, or does this latest release hold the wifi connection even in deep sleep? After approx. 15 minutes in sleepmode and my phone has still the wifi icon in status bar of the lock screen. This would be amazing.

Edited by bhf

Guest galorin
Hi there,

is ist just me, or does this latest release hold the wifi connection even in deep sleep? After roundabout 15 minutes in sleepmode and my phone has still the wifi icon in status bar of the lock screen. This would be amazing.

This is a "Just me" but so far, even R8 kept wifi, and my Blade was terrible at keeping wifi alive, only took 3 minutes worth of sleep to kill wifi.

As an aside, I am rarely away from power, and want to do the overclock thing. Do I need anything else other than the ahb_overclocked.zip? Something to set CPU speed maybe?

As an aside, I am rarely away from power, and want to do the overclock thing. Do I need anything else other than the ahb_overclocked.zip? Something to set CPU speed maybe?

search for: setcpu

(btw: THX to kallt_kaffe for his great work)

Guest Blues003
search for: setcpu

(btw: THX to kallt_kaffe for his great work)

I would too like to install the HW part, which is not available. Once it is, I'll test the RLS9 :lol:

Guest Afrodude
[*]Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon) MD5: E7085706514C4237F2BEA3BD3B3E26D0

[*]Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_hw_ui.zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI) MD5: F65302426A12077CDFB5C389B3BF1358

the same files, where is hw_ui.zip???

Looks like the link is broken at the moment. You can use the following file to enable it, otherwise wait for KK to fix the link.

JJ_RLS9_HWUI.zip

Guest rochitka

Hi, don't have my San Fran on me for the next few days so can't test myself unfortunately... wanted to know if battery life on this ROM has improved much since rls6?

Back then it was pretty dreadful in comparison to 2.1 roms and Pauls MCR rom.

Am liking the number and promptness of bug fixes though so am considering giving it another go if the battery life problem has been sorted? Thks

Guest kallt_kaffe
As MMS has been compiled von AOSP: Does it already contain the fix for SMS being send to the wrong contacts?

Never had such problem so I don't know. It worked in RLS8 for me and it works in RLS9 for me. But I suppose if there was anything wrong with the Chinese Mms.apk that was used in RLS8 then it might be fixed in RLS9 unless the error also exists in the AOSP 2.2 source.

Guest kallt_kaffe
With RLS9 and the smart dialer addon i keep getting "the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly".

Try clearing the data for the three Contacts apps (Contacts, Contacts storage and Contacts sync adapter).

Guest Blues003
Try clearing the data for the three Contacts apps (Contacts, Contacts storage and Contacts sync adapter).

This same problem happens for me, and I cleared all data while flashing hte ROM. I also did that, and it did not work.