[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest stevew69
Actually my mobile internet has stopped altogether now :lol:

My internet has stopped working .......... when I toggle data on/off it says the 'Connection cannot be made' error.

Any ideas ......... I've done the usual turn off, battery out etc ect

Was working fine ...... would installing the JJ9 HW UI update changed anything ?

Bit worried now :)

What implications does installing TPT Jellyfish and repartitioning have if you want to go back to a regular rom?

If i revert to my backup will I have to:

1. Reinstall clockworkmod?

2. Repartition the phone back to the way it was originally?

I have a Seb 404 2.1 backup which is reasonablely stable. I'm afraid I'll have to jump through hoops here with all the repartitioning business if i want to get it back.

Thanks

Guest ivanko021

I have some problems running Gameloft games such as Gangstar: Miami Vindication. The video won't load and so the game won't start. I tried setting stagefright in build.prop true but the problem remains and I can't play the game. It worked on Seb's de-softened with stagefright enabled but I wanted to try overclocking.

Also every second or third time app requests root access it freezes and have to kill it and resrart it which is not a big problem but still annoying.

Despite that I'm really happy with the rom. It's stable ot 768Mhz (yaaaaay) And pretty snappy. Do you have any ideas on the above issues though?

Guest PeterDreher
Switching off 3G did make all the difference - now it just lost 1% overnight, which is very good (and that with lots of apps in the background). So 3G network seems to be reason for the power issues with JJ RLS6. I thought android falls back to 2G during sleep, but maybe it does not for some reason.

I think I can live with that, but I may give Seb's ROM a try, it looks rather promising.

The Facebook Widget stops the phone from entering Standby. Maybe it is not working when there is no data-connection.

So the phone went to sleep overnight?!

Deinstall the widget and give it another try with data-connection on over night.

Guest BillBong

Thanks for all help on previous questions. Just another quickie, does JJ9 still show Telefonica O2 for the (O2) operator - and if so, is it still OK to copy over the lib files from the FB ROM?

Guest Phil001

Hi & thanks for this rom!

Just installed (coming from MCR r4 2.1)

A quick question, anyone use beautiul widgets with this rom for the home screen clock & weather widget?

I used to be able to tap on the time to bring up my alarms, this doesn't work on this rom, is this normal?

Cheers

Guest KopCity
firstly you need to go and read a lot before doing anything, you'll need to root your phone, download fastboot and install clockwork recovery to your phone before even attempting to install any roms, i suggest the search button the FAQ area is also very good for newbies

I've done it,just before the liverpool game :lol::):)..the ROM part was the easiest of the lot.. 2.2 is good but i still have net problem with 02..

i rang o2 pay as you go today and they told me there is currently no setting for o2 net.is this true?so i can only use wifi and not o2 data?

Guest stevew69
My internet has stopped working .......... when I toggle data on/off it says the 'Connection cannot be made' error.

Any ideas ......... I've done the usual turn off, battery out etc ect

Was working fine ...... would installing the JJ9 HW UI update changed anything ?

Bit worried now :)

Thought I would have a play .... download Widgetsoid via Wifi and create toggle for data button. Now mobile internet is back ! The actual data enable doesnt work at all though ....... only the Widgetsoid icon will turn it on and off !! How strange

:lol:

Edited by stevew69

Guest KopCity

no offence to this forum but sanfrancisco website shows clear instruction step-by-step in what to do.its my first time ive done this n i only had 1 little problem whch i quickly resolved..wont post the site as i dont know if im allowed

Guest KopCity
Thought I would have a play .... download Widgetsoid via Wifi and create toggle for data button. Now mobile internet is back ! How strange

what u mean?u got o2 mobile??if so please tell me how to set up o2 net

Guest Jason Patrick
Thought I would have a play .... download Widgetsoid via Wifi and create toggle for data button. Now mobile internet is back ! The actual data enable doesnt work at all though ....... only the Widgetsoid icon will turn it on and off !! How strange

BTW - Did you configure the APN switch in Widgetsoid, from the drawer icon (has different menu options to the homescreen widget). The default behaviour is to simply switch data/on off (as one can do in the settings->wireless->Mobile Networks menu). The widgetdroid draw icon allows this behaviour to be changed to emulate APN mangling as per APNDroid (or an it's own strategy).

Unfortunately, I was not able to check this on my JJ9 build as the APNs were no longer editable (greyed with values shown as out stars), but it seemed to work as per APNDroid (without the "connection" dialog popup occuring).

Guest stevew69
BTW - Did you configure the APN switch in Widgetsoid, from the drawer icon (has different menu options to the homescreen widget). The default behaviour is to simply switch data/on off (as one can do in the settings->wireless->Mobile Networks menu). The widgetdroid draw icon allows this behaviour to be changed to emulate APN mangling as per APNDroid (or an it's own strategy).

Unfortunately, I was not able to check this on my JJ9 build as the APNs were no longer editable (greyed with values shown as out stars), but it seemed to work as per APNDroid (without the "connection" dialog popup occuring).

I created a homescreen icon by pressing on screen, choosing widget and then a Widgetsoid switch 1*2. I assumed it would be the same as menu 'Data enabled' box function but the Widget works and the menu option doesn't

Guest tarpoon

Hello,

First I want to say that I really love the rom now that the original radio works again.

And since I use Opera for browsing I also can't complain about laggy typing anymore :lol:

However I noticed something which might or might not be related to the rom:

it happened two times already that I recieved SMS hours after they were send, which was never the case before

Today I recieved one 12 hours late after I restarted my phone.

Could it be that some service responsible for SMS collection hangs randomly?

Guest Graham1

Hi MrMcIntosh

Thanks for your suggestion. I couldn't find this easily so ended up googling and found another way of copying/pasting within Android itself. Unfortunately, this didn't work with the default text viewer. However, I did decide to enter the password manually again and to my surprise, it worked ;). So I guess you were right in that I didn't enter the password correctly (although I'm sure I did and checked :lol: ).

:)

I have had issues entering a 63 character long WPA password with every Android phone and ROM I tried:)

The problem is that it is very difficult to enter a password this long correctly on a touchscreen keyboard.

The solution I found was to copy and paste the long password to Google tasks with my desktop computer. Then open the browser with my Android phone, it loads www.google.com. On the upper right corner of www.google.com, click "More" and select tasks from the drop down list. Log in using your Google account and copy and paste the password to wifi settings.

I hope this helps :)

Guest Afrodude
omg i just looked on "about phone" why does it show a different number on "my phone number" :S

You have ported a number in from another network. The number you see is the number of the actual SIM Card.

Guest jesuita

Where is the cute battery circle from JJR3? :)

Ok, just found the link but really dont know how to enable it.. can anyone help? :lol:

Edited by jesuita

Guest Jason Patrick
Switching off 3G did make all the difference - now it just lost 1% overnight, which is very good (and that with lots of apps in the background). So 3G network seems to be reason for the power issues with JJ RLS6. I thought android falls back to 2G during sleep, but maybe it does not for some reason.

I think I can live with that, but I may give Seb's ROM a try, it looks rather promising.

Looking at the radio logcat, there is a lot less radio chatter going on with 3g off (which seems to confirm the above recommendation) - if I recall these was a series of similar discussions re battery HTC life on the XDA that came to a similar conclusion (although the HTC devices seem to have more RIL properties that can be played about with). There is also a suggestion to use the tasker app to switch on/off 3g a particular times (e.g. over night, or alternatively wake every 10 minutes to check for MMS etc) ... although tasker is also reported to be a bit of a battery hog (but perhaps less so than 3g).

As well as turning off 3g it is also worth turning of "Use Wireless networks" under the my location settings menu as this also appears to be causing a degree of radio chatter on the device (in my case trying to request a station to report other nearby cells which gets rejected by the station - rural location/gprs only here).

Both these options appear to ease the "cell standby" high battery use being reported.

omg i just looked on "about phone" why does it show a different number on "my phone number" :S

you probably ported a number over at some stage. I get the same thing. Originally was on O2 and ported that number onto a new Tesco SIM but the 'about' still shows the old original tesco number. Nothing to worry about.

whoops, apologies didn't notice this was already answered...too quick on the draw I guess !

Edited by xzyk

Where is the cute battery circle from JJR3? sad.gif

Ok, just found the link but really dont know how to enable it.. can anyone help? smile.gif

Use Clockwork to flash the themes.

Hmm... after I flashed JJ9 my blade seems to stay awake all the time.

When screen is black I can "wake" up with any button.

Did I just changed something accidentally or is that a bug in JJ9?

And is there a way to get a toggle widget to turn off 3g data connection (turn off not renaiming stuff) other than the stock one (need some customization options).

It wakes with any button even when asleep with this release, but it seems to go to sleep ok. This is bad in combination with the 0x90 mod unlock with menu button option. Hasn't happened to me yet, as far as I know (in the last couple of days), but it could be possible to accidentally turn on & unlock the screen with a few presses of the menu button. In fact, I'm already getting lazy & using a few presses on menu to unlock the phone, but I think power button + menu would be safer, the power button is harder to accidentally press.

Guest IronDoc
It wakes with any button even when asleep with this release, but it seems to go to sleep ok. This is bad in combination with the 0x90 mod unlock with menu button option. Hasn't happened to me yet, as far as I know (in the last couple of days), but it could be possible to accidentally turn on & unlock the screen with a few presses of the menu button. In fact, I'm already getting lazy & using a few presses on menu to unlock the phone, but I think power button + menu would be safer, the power button is harder to accidentally press.

If it's waking with anythin other than power and you haven't told it to with 0x90's mod, then it isn't going to full sleep.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest gameSTICKER
RLS9 TPT IMAGE Issue: Did TPT Image just fried my radio module?

I downloaded RLS9 TPT Image, checked MD5, installed it as per the guide and everything was fine, RLS9 started and I had ample of space in my system partition. Signal was proper and I could make calls too.

Only till I did a factory reset, my radio stopped working, always showing no signal. At first I thought it was my provider, but the no signal lasted for the whole night. Them I tested my SIM in another cell and another SIM in my cell, and it turned out that it was my Blade which was not receiving any signals.

I tried everything, wipe, reinstall (using image method), numerous reboots, but nothing helped. I'm too worried that my radio module has been fried. I'm going to revert to normal partitions and install RLS9 by usual clockwork method and will update you. In them meantime, can anyone suggest anything?

Sorry for the late update, I was away from my PC for a while. So I went back to normal partitions and radio worked. In order to recreate the issue I again flashed TPT and this time everything worked fine :lol: Sorry for the fuss, I found TPT to be the simplest and best way to flash. I'm enjoying full 280MB of my data partition now. Highly recommended :)