[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Nope. The most battery goes to "Cell standby". Before JJ it went to system idle. But it can also be that the system idle now consumes less battery :-P

You could try to measure how much N minutes of youtube, N minutes of web browsing, N minutes on 3G on when the phone is in standby (with / without screen active) etc. use the battery. This kind of systematical approach might yield better results than than changing all possible options and guessing..

Guest hotwire74

Just upgraded to Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip (for normal Clockwork install) and when I select Messages I'm no longer able to select contacts to send the SMS to - this worked in RLS8. I've also tried running Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_group_contacts.zip and clearing my contacts but I see the same problem.

Is this by design in this release?

Guest los_alamos_boy
You could try to measure how much N minutes of youtube, N minutes of web browsing, N minutes on 3G on when the phone is in standby (with / without screen active) etc. use the battery. This kind of systematical approach might yield better results than than changing all possible options and guessing..

Somehow I doubt that usage of those programs are the culprits, since as also confirmed by the battery monitor, most of the battery goes just when 3G is on, but it's on standby… Those applications have minimal usage in my spare parts listings. Since I mostly read with the phone, wich uses about 2%-6%/hour, depending on the brightness. I guess you're the one whose really guessing, since I have the information…

Another thing I've noticed with the JJ rom, is that sometimes the phone tries to connect to somewhere, but does not get a response. I can only see it sending some information out, but not receiving anything back. It sometimes does this for a few minutes, until it gets a few bytes of incoming data and then stops. I have no clue yet what application/process/widget could be the culprit, since it seems really random. But mostly when I wake the phone from sleep. Anyone else noticed something similar? I did not have this type of behavior on the stock rom…

About the battery "problem":

I also use JJ9, I have WiFi turned off, but 3G on (no fallback to 2G), so gmail and gtalk can use the data-connection whenever they like.

I've now logged the state of the android-system, and I'm really suprised:

disconnected from power-supply at about 00:00

2011-Jän-28 04:56:52

>>>>>				   Android System					>>>>>

Up:	 8hours, 31mins

Awake:  6hours, 14mins

>>>>>					  BATTERY						>>>>>

81% left, Discharging

2011-Jän-28 05:14:12

Up:	 8hours, 49mins

Awake:  6hours, 26mins

80% left, Discharging

2011-Jän-28 11:23:26

Up:	 14hours, 58mins

Awake:  10hours, 5mins

53% left, Discharging

Does it really mean, that in the last 6 hours the phone only slept about 2 hours?

But the phone only turns on when I press the power-button.

Guest tcpaulh
Sure, here we go: http://www.mediafire.com/?rhdeih188rv785o. Note, you (probably) will need to uninstall the old one, because this is signed using my own key:

I'm not sure how those key things work, do they prevent upgrading your software if they differ. Anyway, I did a version bump, but I just added a .1 in the end, so the market app should note when a newer version is available.

NOTE: I take no responsibility of using this modification, although it should be fine.

EDIT: on a side note, this is compiled for 2.2 if anyone tries to run this in other systems. I don't know how it handles there.

Thanks for this. On launch I'm getting "There is a new version of the su binary available. Press 'Ok' to attempt to install it automatically."

Guest eucurto

Sygic AURA Navigation Software

Someone tested this on a ZTE Blade?

I have one and i have an issue...:

I open the program and everything works perfect. Close it. Then open again and the GPS signal becomes intermittent, he gets signal for about 10 seconds then loses it for about 10 seconds also then gets it again and so on... Close Aura. Open again and it works flawlessly... And so on....

Any help please?

Thanks

Guest targetbsp

I like T9 dialling. My understanding is that if I put the ZTE smartdialler back on then it replaces contacts and undoes all the contact related fixes right? How about if I just put on something like Dialler One? Does that literally just replace the bit where I dial the number? So my contacts stuff will stay fixed?

Guest dailyunnamed

I've just installed this ROM, and at the moment, everything seems great. Although, i'm trying to install one of the themes, but for some reason i'm being told that .zip files are supported when I download them through the Android browser.

Am I doing something wrong here, as the previous ROM I was using didn't have any issue with this? Any help would be great (<-- Android Newbie here!)

Thanks in advance

Guest PeterDreher

Please help on this one, Kallt:

When I Power off the Blade and turn it back on, it will always be on FULL Brighntness.

Fresh wipe, Cache cleared and so on.

When i call someone it will be Auto-Brightness right away and stays like that.

If i run short-bench in Set-CPU i have Auto-Brightness, too. Those are my two workarounds. Any chance to fix this?

Has nothing to do with addons. Tried a clean RLS9.

After first flashing Autobrightness will be fine, but after Poweroff and PowerOn it will be Full Brightness and i have to use the workaround.

And how about deleting APNs? They are all grey. I want to delete all of them and be able to add new ones.

EDIT: APN Backup & Restore from the Market can delete all APNs

And we really need a FIX for the SU-Hangs. No good when running SET-CPU.

THANKS alot!

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest vovav80

Guys, could you please help me.

Installed JJ RLS9. Looks great! Although:

1. Contacts: installed Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_group_contacts.zip (Restore RLS8 cersion of Contacts and ContactsProvider) MD5:324174EFD7F5CFCDC969D7EAEA8C5835, to enable "phone /local" contacts available, not only account contacts. But no contact pictures in groups? Can live with this, just curious...

2. Battery: calibrated just before flashing JJ r9. Everything (Wifi, 3G, GPS, birghtness, etc) is deactivated. Last night put it on Airplane mode and lost 20% of battery overnight (about 7h)? What is draining it? Status says: 63% phone idle, 34% cell standby, 2% display.

3. The phone wakes up by any button. Does it mean it never actually goes asleep? Is it related to the battery draining?

4. Radio: the volume is very-very low. I've seen a similar remark somewhere but didn't see a solution. Not very important though.

The battery is the main problem.

Many thanks

Guest Rhazi3l

After instaling hardware accellerated UI, how do i disable it?

Over night, consumed 30% battery.

Only thing done, was update to JJ9 and enable HW UI. After that i did a full clean and reinstall without HW UI, since it was consuming lots of battery.

Still the same baterry consuption after...

Guest Salsaholic

I'm currently testing the 7-day-trial on JJ6 and don't have any issues at all.

I'm actually very impressed with the Blade's GPS, it outclasses all GPS devices I had before.

Guest Evanb78
Last night put it on Airplane mode and lost 20% of battery overnight (about 7h)? What is draining it?

I noticed the same issue but with the JJ RLS8. Battery loses 15-20% overnight while on Airplane mode.

Guest targetbsp

Mine loses 0% overnight in airplane mode and I have HW_UI so I assume it's an app problem you have. Checked for partial wakes in spare parts? Someone earlier mentioned the facebook widget drains a lot of battery.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest vovav80
Mine loses 0% overnight in airplane mode and I have HW_UI so I assume it's an app problem you have. Checked for partial wakes in spare parts? Someone earlier mentioned the facebook widget drains a lot of battery.

I looked at partial wakes in spare parts, as you suggested.

The first says: Email: Total time 18h49m, then Dialer: Total time 21m36s.

But what does it mean?

Thanks

Guest los_alamos_boy

For me the result was winamp(expected this since I listened to a lot of music today), and after that it was dialer… Is this normal? I have the ZTE version of dialer. Should I just go back to RLS9 dialer and download another T9 dialer from the market?

Guest los_alamos_boy

But what does it mean?

Thanks

I suggest using K9mail. It's a push mail client and mine only had like 5min in partial wake. It's the best e-mail app I've found. It should at least fix the e-mail partial wake…

jellyfish rls9 now

turn off gprs, turn on if needed... good for two days...

but turn on wifi did drain the batteries faster than old rom (jellyfish rls5)

Guest eucurto

I have one and i have an issue...:

I open the program and everything works perfect. Close it. Then open again and the GPS signal becomes intermittent, he gets signal for about 10 seconds then loses it for about 10 seconds also then gets it again and so on... Close Aura. Open again and it works flawlessly... And so on....

Any help please?

Thanks

I'm currently testing the 7-day-trial on JJ6 and don't have any issues at all.

I'm actually very impressed with the Blade's GPS, it outclasses all GPS devices I had before.

Yes indeed!

Well i figured what was wrong and i will share the solution just in case someone needs it. The problem was in the Settings files inside Android folder, i deleted both, then went to Aura downloader and installed the data files recommended (70Kb). After this the program works flawlessly. Cheers

Guest Phil001

But what does it mean?

Thanks

I'm gtting dialler at the top of the partial wake list by a long way.

Its also top of network usage list.

Normal?

Not even had or made a call since charging...

Guest whatcolour
I'm gtting dialler at the top of the partial wake list by a long way.

Its also top of network usage list.

Normal?

Not even had or made a call since charging...

no, it's not normal and is the ONLY culprit of JJ. r0.1 de-crossed by Seb doesn't have this problem though.

I know KK probably wouldn't be bothered to fix this, as the official Swedish 2.2 is coming soon.

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

USB debugging always comes on when I connect the phone to the computer via USB, even though I disable it each time.

Any way to prevent this from happening, or is this another bug?