[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest targetbsp

Actually mine has always done this (USB debugging) on Froyo too! I just never worried about it cause it didn't seem to do me any harm.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest SnowblindFIN

Btw if i do a full WIPE, does this app called "Titanium Backup" backup all my settings and for example. Homescreen settings for LauncherPRO and my Angry Birds level status? :lol:

Guest IronDoc
Btw if i do a full WIPE, does this app called "Titanium Backup" backup all my settings and for example. Homescreen settings for LauncherPRO and my Angry Birds level status? ;)

Yes but it rather defeats the point of the wipe if you restore absolutely everything. All user apps should be fine, I think. Don't restore contacts and related. I dunno which other system apps matter, nandroid and test if you need to.

Guest footynutdyl
Are you using the stock browser? As I wasn't aware that supported flash, have you tried others such as Miren Browser or Skyfire?

Froyo 2.2 also supports adobe flash player for the stock browser, if you google it you will find an official adobe flash player .apk somewhere which you can install on the phone which should enable full flash in the stock android browser, see if that works? - Personally I uninstalled the stock browser.

Yes i have tried skyfire which supposedly alows all flash but it still doesnt work. Can you link the adobe flash apk file please.

Guest mELIANTE
One problem when sending a text message. Why doesnt it show you how many characters u got remaining? ;)

It does when you reach the last 10 characters as always has been. At least with the stock keyboard.

apologies if this is a really nooby question!

but I've flash JJ RLS9 onto my SF and ran into a bit of problem but got round it, so all is sweet.

I now want to have a look at some of the add-ons on page 1;

e.g

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_circle_battery.zip

but I can't see how to install this

I though it'd be the same as the ROM no?

I tried using recovery manager and lauched that, then tried various options like install firmware update etc but that just gives,

you need to install a custom firmware before you can install a new firmware update!

Any help/pointers appreciated......

ok so maybe I posted this in the wrong sub section or there's too much traffic here, but you were a nooby at some point.

Where should I have posted this?

Any help appreciated

Guest whatcolour

*****FIX - dialer partially awaking issue*****

NOTE: FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY!

Think I've found a fix for the "dialer partially awakes" problem on JJ, which is considered to cause battery drain and is the only issue that's stopping JJ from being branded "perfect".

The fix was found by trail-and-error, but worked fine for most of the day now.

I first replaced framework.jar with the one found in r0.1 de-crossed, tested everything but only to find Browser force-closes, so replaced Browser.apk as well. Everything seems to work flawlessly afterwards.

Please find the fix attached, flash as usual.

@KK, this is not a neat fix by any means, replacing framework.jar sounds a rather major operation, but it might shine some light towards a neater solution.

fix.zip

Guest IronDoc
how do we knoo if its stock keyboard?is jellyfish rls9 stock?

Look at it? The default in JJ is gingerbread keyboard. I think KK took the foryo one out.

Guest Pelemane
ok so maybe I posted this in the wrong sub section or there's too much traffic here, but you were a nooby at some point.

Where should I have posted this?

Any help appreciated

in clockwork go to install zip from sd card-> choose zip from sdcard and then just install it and reboot

Guest Dovbush

Please help:(

When I update to to RLS9 from RLS8 (for normal Clockwork install)

After reboot it stop on green logo.

I done it before(from RLS4)so I hope I did it correct (full wipe,check MD5-was ok... )

When I try backup (2009 and 2011) it say MD5 mismatch

I use recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8

Thanks

Edited by Dovbush

I still see the message "Connection cannot be made" after receving a call. I'm using 2G network and GPRS for internet connection. I've tried several APN settings and there's no difference.

Please help:(

When I update to to RLS9 from RLS8 (for normal Clockwork install)

After reboot it stop on green logo.

I done it before(from RLS4)so I hope I did it correct (full wipe,check MD5-was ok... )

When I try beck up(2009 and 2011) it say MD5 mismatch

I use recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8

Thanks

MD5 error on clockwork backup is normally a sign of SD card problem.

Guest slipperz69

I have noticed that when I selected the HTC_IME mod input method for texting there is no option to go back to the Android keyboard.

The only way I found you can do this is to force stop the HTC_IME mod in the running apps menu. Hope this helps anyone else sruggling with that keyboard!!!

Slipperz ;)

I have noticed that when I selected the HTC_IME mod input method for texting there is no option to go back to the Android keyboard.

The only way I found you can do this is to force stop the HTC_IME mod in the running apps menu. Hope this helps anyone else sruggling with that keyboard!!!

Slipperz ;)

Even if you long press on a text box and choose Input Method?

Btw if i do a full WIPE, does this app called "Titanium Backup" backup all my settings and for example. Homescreen settings for LauncherPRO and my Angry Birds level status? ;)

angry birds save its stats into android secure folder on SD card so titanium cant do the job properly. so better download the angry brid backup tool from market, it copies the states to Sd.

Youtube works fine for me as well. Now I see built in alarm application is not as good as the one I had before, I can't even choose my own alarm sound... Need to get another one from the market.

Click on Alarm - Edit Alarm - Ringtone

If your phone is on silent you can't choose the ringtone.

This is a common 'feature' on many 2.2 ROMs on some (but not all) alarm apps including AlarmDroid (which was suggested as an alternative).

I actually also use AlarmDroid, as in the past it has proved more reliable than the built in one on other ROMs (which has sometimes failed go off if the phone sleeps).

It also has a long fade in option for gentle waking ;)

Guest popoyaya
*****FIX - dialer partially awaking issue*****

NOTE: FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY!

Think I've found a fix for the "dialer partially awakes" problem on JJ, which is considered to cause battery drain and is the only issue that's stopping JJ from being branded "perfect".

The fix was found by trail-and-error, but worked fine for most of the day now.

I first replaced framework.jar with the one found in r0.1 de-crossed, tested everything but only to find Browser force-closes, so replaced Browser.apk as well. Everything seems to work flawlessly afterwards.

Please find the fix attached, flash as usual.

@KK, this is not a neat fix by any means, replacing framework.jar sounds a rather major operation, but it might shine some light towards a neater solution.

Great work! Was thinking of moving over to de-crossed to improve battery life, now no need.Will themes work with this new framework?

Very interesting... I'm going to try this one out as I get the "su-hangs" at least on a weekly basis.

EDIT: Your version is 2.3.6.1.1 compared to the released version that is 2.3.6.1. On the other hand your code says VersionCode is 24 while the released is 25. Not sure which one is the latest.

EDIT2: Didn't help me, got one of the su-hangs at the first attempt to start SetCPU after reboot. sad.gif

Yeah, I edited the version by hand and thought it'd help when a new version comes out. Apparently I didn't notice VersionCode. Also too bad it didn't work ;) I guess I have been lucky when apps have requested for root access, since I haven't had a single issue using this build. Well, you could compile Superuser.apk yourself and do it properly since I admit that I barely had any idea what I was doing ;) The source is found from ChainsDD GIThub: https://github.com/ChainsDD/android_packages_apps_Superuser

Thanks for this. On launch I'm getting "There is a new version of the su binary available. Press 'Ok' to attempt to install it automatically."
Well, tried getting this by doing the version bump, but it seems it didn't help. I guess I could edit the version to 9.9.9, but then it wouldn't note you when there's really a new stable out.

EDIT: just tried like 10-20 launches of root programs and no hangs whereas the current stable would hang 4 times out of 5.

EDIT2: I'm using JJ7. I'll be updating to JJ9 today I guess.

EDIT3: I also thought about the version thing.. I guess there's really no need to bump it. The only reason would be to notify the user that he has my one not the stable.

EDIT4: @kallt_kaffe: Hmm, 2.3.6.1 is dated 2010-09-05, the same as the git hub, but the version there is 24/2.3.6. I wonder why the author hasn't bumped the version in Github. @others: Here's an apk where I manually edited the version to 25/2.3.6.1, so it should help with the market app notifying about the updates: http://www.mediafire.com/?ao2ywavjpd975jp.

Edited by Janil

In skyfire if I try to play a video or go into settings it shows the window for half a second then reverts back to the web page is this happening to anyone else?

i'm on rls9 with gingerbread thin circle and 0x90 mod

I've tried clearing data and cache but it hasn't helped

Edited by ms20

angry birds save its stats into android secure folder on SD card so titanium cant do the job properly. so better download the angry brid backup tool from market, it copies the states to Sd.

Are you sure about this?

I have just restored Angry birds data using Titanium backup successfully (albeit not after a full wipe).

Backed up Angry Birds

Uninstalled

Reinstalled from market

Opened Angry birds - data all reset

Restored data

Data back in Angry Birds