[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

EDIT2: Didn't help me, got one of the su-hangs at the first attempt to start SetCPU after reboot. sad.gif

Did you note this:

Note: Apps may still crash if they try to get permissions on boot that have not been granted yet. Once an app is in the whitelist, it should have no trouble at all getting permissions on boot.
My problems were with apps that are already on the whitelist. Was your SetCPU on the whitelist already or did you try adding it to the list?

Guest targetbsp
angry birds save its stats into android secure folder on SD card so titanium cant do the job properly. so better download the angry brid backup tool from market, it copies the states to Sd.

That's just not true. ;) I know because I used Titanium to backup and restore angry birds only 2 days ago. I can't think of any reason for the angry birds backup except to rip people off for what you can get for free. ;) I spose it might be aimed at users who aren't wanting anything as in depth as Titanium?

hi could some one help

loaded the # Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip (for normal Clockwork install) (118.6Mb system) MD5: 1698CF7AF9D130B02DDC471D089751D8

works perfect

i do not like the dialer so i rebooted to clock work and loaded

# Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_smartdialer_addon.zip (Restore Smart Dialer and RLS7 version of Contacts) MD5: 9FCB24D6DDE54527D15CE6C06DBF1D94

i get multiple errors with the dialer and it forse closes

could someone explain how i add the old dialer

much appreciated

lee

in clockwork go to install zip from sd card-> choose zip from sdcard and then just install it and reboot

Pelemane, many thanks for taking time to reply!

I got into CW a different way(?) before and had problems, hence the post.

Now I've tried getting in to CW via holding down the power button whilst holding down the volume down button...

Version 3.0.0.5

I see the option install zip from from SD card->choose zip from SD card

choose (from SD card)

\Roms\Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_circle_battery.zip

-no

-no

-no

etc etc

-Yes Install ....

then I get on the log console

-- Installing: /sdcard/roms/Japanese......zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Amend script (update-script) is no longer supported

Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.

It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.

Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted.

Is this because I'm using CW 3.0.0.5?

I don't understand how I switch to Edify scripting.

Can someone explain?

Guest funiewski

That is one thing I do not understand with my phone. I use JJ9 and I have an ext3 partition on my sd-card. I thought that programs are installed on ext and that I can see tham in Rootexplorer in /system/sd/app. But that is not the case on my phone any longer. Instead programs are installed in /data/app.

Please can somebody with skills explaind it for me?

Anyone else having problems with mms messages? I can send them just fine but not receive. New message just comes with no text at all theres only download button. When i press it starts to download the message but fails everytime "download of message was unsuccessful. Any solutions?

just installed JJ RLS9.

first problem and it's a doozy: cant copy paste the network key from my sdcard. quickoffice seems to have no way to select and copy text! cant find another app on phone to do it. thought about using clockwork to flash a text editor app on there, but when i connect to XP PC drivers won't install either.

any ideas please before i quickly go back to FF? i don't have a mobile data package..

edit: yeah i can take the sd card out and copy some apk to it and flash, trying that..

ok, did by dropping this onto sd and installing, then copypasting key

http://textedit.paulmach.com/

please, include a text editor that works!

Edited by Smiff2

Guest richardw1992
Yes i have tried skyfire which supposedly alows all flash but it still doesnt work. Can you link the adobe flash apk file please.

Here it is, I tried using it myself with only miren browser installed which already supports flash and it just caused it to crash, this was fixed with an uninstall.

However I believe this flash only works with the stock browser, so let me know if it works!

Edit: It wouldnt allow me to upload a .apk file?? perhaps because I am a new user.. Try this link instead:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCLJY2D4

Edited by richardw1992

Guest Rotmann
Here it is, I tried using it myself with only miren browser installed which already supports flash and it just caused it to crash, this was fixed with an uninstall.

However I believe this flash only works with the stock browser, so let me know if it works!

Flash DOES NOT and WILL NOT work on the Blade because of the ARM6 CPU. It is not supported. This has been discussed a lot of times on the forum.

Guest targetbsp
Here is my battery consumption stats:

Why is cell standby and Phone idle using most of the battery?

And what is the difference between these two?

Umm... that's what you should be seeing in a phone you haven't used! ;) Phone idle is the power needed to keep the phone on while in sleep mode and cell standby is the power used keeping you connected to the mobile network - awaiting calls and texts etc.

Guest richardw1992
Flash DOES NOT and WILL NOT work on the Blade because of the ARM6 CPU. It is not supported. This has been discussed a lot of times on the forum.

ahh apologies!

Guest Jason Patrick
That is one thing I do not understand with my phone. I use JJ9 and I have an ext3 partition on my sd-card. I thought that programs are installed on ext and that I can see tham in Rootexplorer in /system/sd/app. But that is not the case on my phone any longer. Instead programs are installed in /data/app.

Please can somebody with skills explaind it for me?

Assuming you've setup A2SD+ correctly, then Root Explorer showing /data/app is correct. A2SD+ (unlike the inbuilt froyo apps to sd) works by using a Linux (Unix) feature called symbolic linking. Android still believes its operating on a normal layout (e.g. apps in /data/app and /data/-app-private), however, the OS knows that these directories are actually links to folders the SDcard EXT partition, and so installs the apps on the EXT partition. This work transparently to Android so that any apps Android installs on the phone (except Froyo Apps to SD) are actually installed on the EXT partition - hence you should see installed apps appearing in both /system/sd/app and /data/app (as they both point to the same place).

A2SD+ setup is also transparent to RootExplorer (and other current file managers from what I've observed), so these give the impression that apps (and dalvik-cache if also moved) are still on the phone as they do not indicate the use of symbolic links. The only real way of checking what's installed where is to use ADB (or terminal/linux command apps) to list out the directories at the linux level using the 'ls -l' command..

If you want to do a quick check you are using A2SD+ then install the Quick System Information app, which shows the use of A2SD storage (although this can get a little confused if you use both A2SD+ and Froyo Apps2SD at the same time).

Edited by Jason Patrick

Pelemane, many thanks for taking time to reply!

I got into CW a different way(?) before and had problems, hence the post.

Now I've tried getting in to CW via holding down the power button whilst holding down the volume down button...

Version 3.0.0.5

I see the option install zip from from SD card->choose zip from SD card

choose (from SD card)

\Roms\Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_circle_battery.zip

-no

-no

-no

etc etc

-Yes Install ....

then I get on the log console

-- Installing: /sdcard/roms/Japanese......zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Amend script (update-script) is no longer supported

Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.

It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.

Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted.

Is this because I'm using CW 3.0.0.5?

I don't understand how I switch to Edify scripting.

Can someone explain?

fastboot recovery clockwork 2.5.1.8

it works

3.0.0.5 is only for the newest roms, as sebastian says on his topic

Guest Dovbush
Please help:(

When I update to to RLS9 from RLS8 (for normal Clockwork install)

After reboot it stop on green logo.

I done it before(from RLS4)so I hope I did it correct (full wipe,check MD5-was ok... )

When I try backup (2009 and 2011) it say MD5 mismatch

I use recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8

Thanks

MD5 error on clockwork backup is normally a sign of SD card problem.

I put in new SD card,done backup

It frozen now on orange logo...

Please help

happy to report after the problem of not being able to copy/paste network key from text files (my post above), (and using 0x90 mod) everything has gone well. phone noticeably faster than 2.1/FF

any reason for not bundling

LauncherPro

GestureSearch

?

2 apps called "FM Radio"

small bug, probably known: doesn't display virtual provider e.g. Vodaphone instead of TalkTalk, 02 instead of GiffGaff etc. couldn't care less myself.

in general i like that you've kept the included apps simple, since including regularly updates apps just wastes space.

oh and most excitingly for me: K9 mail no longer seems to crash like it did regularly with FF!

there was a nasty bug in FF that would cut off calls if you disconnected from power whilst ringing. anyone confirm if this bug in JJ please?

wifi analyzer scores seem to be higher than FF, not sure if just cosmetic or if reception really better.

backlight doesnt turn off when charging (on lockscreen), am i missing some setting for this?

Edited by Smiff2

Guest rapidone
oh and most excitingly for me: K9 mail no longer seems to crash like it did regularly with FF!

there was a nasty bug in FF that would cut off calls if you disconnected from power whilst ringing. anyone confirm if this bug in JJ please?

wifi analyzer scores seem to be higher than FF, not sure if just cosmetic or if reception really better.

backlight doesnt turn off when charging (on lockscreen), am i missing some setting for this?

Always download K-9 from the project page. The version is a lot newer than the one on android market.

Guest Pelemane

Mine doesnt end call if I unplug charger

Guest mvheuver

Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I can't find how to wipe data from the Contacts apps after upgrading from RSL8 to RSL9 (no full wipe).

"When updating to RLS9 from RLS8 a full wipe is not needed but you must wipe data from the three Contacts related apps and resync your contacts. If unsure, do a full wipe."

How do I do this? In the main contact app I don't see any option for that, and neither in the Facebook app.

Guest IronDoc

LauncherPro

GestureSearch

?

2 apps called "FM Radio"

small bug, probably known: doesn't display virtual provider e.g. Vodaphone instead of TalkTalk, 02 instead of GiffGaff etc. couldn't care less myself.

Any reason for bundling them?

I think there was a fix for virtual networks earlier in the thread by using some libs from other ROMs.

The screen should turn off if you have it set to. Check display > screen timeout

@mvheuver, use titanium or go into manage applications and press wipe data.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest sensory
happy to report after the problem of not being able to copy/paste network key from text files (my post above), (and using 0x90 mod) everything has gone well. phone noticeably faster than 2.1/FF

LauncherPro

GestureSearch

?

They're on the market; there's no reason to bundle any apps with a ROM, especially ones that are freely available on the market.