[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

thanks guys, after rebooting the screen turns off on inactivity ok. maybe just a rogue app there.

as for bundling - yes agreed best not to bloat it, i was just surprised after coming from FF (another ROM by KK) how few apps were included, that's all. not a bad thing, and we can always make our own packs by adding apk to the zip before flashing (i think).

thanks for tip about getting newest K9, but i used Titanium, so the same exact app and data doesn't crash on this ROM, but did on FF!

is there any free (app) way to overclock? don't want to buy setCPU or whatever.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest sensory

Ah, sorry if what I said came off as rude, Smiff2. ;)

Just wondering, is anyone else's browser crashing a lot? I've done a search on this topic and I haven't seen any reports on this issue, but it started happening after R9 and it happens, for instance, when trying to login in to Facebook (via the browser) and when clicking the login link @ lovefilm.com. I really like the default browser and went back to after using Miren for ages, but it seems like I might have to go back to Miren if it's forever crashing.

Guest Frankish
Ah, sorry if what I said came off as rude, Smiff2. ;)

Just wondering, is anyone else's browser crashing a lot? I've done a search on this topic and I haven't seen any reports on this issue, but it started happening after R9 and it happens, for instance, when trying to login in to Facebook (via the browser) and when clicking the login link @ lovefilm.com. I really like the default browser and went back to after using Miren for ages, but it seems like I might have to go back to Miren if it's forever crashing.

You applied any other mods?

Guest DaneelS

I'm using R8 and no matter what I do, I can't get a GPS lock. Using GPS Status shows I can connect to up to 10 satelites, but still no lock within GPS status, google maps or google navigate. The phone can find an accurate location for me, but only if I am connected to wifi.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any fix? Thanks.

Guest Daimaah
is there any free (app) way to overclock? don't want to buy setCPU or whatever.

SetCPU is legally available for free for XDA-Developers forum users here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419

The paid version on the market is for supporting the development.

Edit: And ofc the registration on the XDA-Dev forums is free, so... There you go ;)

Edited by Daimaah

Guest Dovbush

QUOTE(Dovbush @ Jan 29 2011, 06:02) *

Please help:(

When I update to to RLS9 from RLS8 (for normal Clockwork install)

After reboot it stop on green logo.

I done it before many time(from RLS4)so I hope I did it correct (full wipe,check MD5-was ok... )

When I try backup (2009 and 2011) it say MD5 mismatch

I use recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8

Thanks

QUOTE(wadgel @ Jan 29 2011, 08:14) *

MD5 error on clockwork backup is normally a sign of SD card problem.

I put in new SD card,done backup

It frozen now on orange logo...

Please help

you forgot to wipe data

I did wipe date.

Can some one give correct answer?

Or Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip- corrupt and no safe?

Now when I press power button phone do not start only vibration working with every attempt to start.

Please help me-how can I reboot my phone?

Thanks

Edited by Dovbush

fastboot recovery clockwork 2.5.1.8

it works

3.0.0.5 is only for the newest roms, as sebastian says on his topic

MHZX, many thanks, installed 2.5.1.8 over the top of 3.0.0.5 and now works.

Thanks again my man...

Guest mvheuver
@mvheuver, use titanium or go into manage applications and press wipe data.

Thanks, going to manage applications worked indeed. Simple, but I really had no idea it would be there. Cheers!

GPS working ok for me

Wifi works better than FF 2.1 - both the reconnection after sleep is faster (no need for fix app) and the sensitivity also seems better!?

but where's the option to auto enable usb storage when plugged into pc - i have to pull the notify bar down and click 3 buttons. there used to be an automatic option for this in FF.

edit: this is the sort of thing i'm looking for

http://www.jrtstudio.com/AutoMountWidget

apparently behaviour of this rom is normal 2.2

Edited by Smiff2

Guest footynutdyl
Flash DOES NOT and WILL NOT work on the Blade because of the ARM6 CPU. It is not supported. This has been discussed a lot of times on the forum.

But it did when i was using the Stock ROM.

But it did when i was using the Stock ROM.

That was flash lite though that does not work on 2.2. Using the new version of skyfire might help you with videos.

Guest karololszak
Are there any mirrors for files? Mediafire is slow[...]

I re-hosted all of the files on my server (located in UK, 100Mb/s download speed, monthly transfer limit: 1 TB - never used it though :D):

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip (for normal Clockwork install) (118.6Mb system) MD5: 1698cf7af9d130b02ddc471d089751d8

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip (for repartitioning and install) MD5: da8282015e345ae01d5ee50aad82a5b3

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon) MD5: e7085706514c4237f2bea3bd3b3e26d0

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_hw_ui.zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI) MD5: f65302426a12077cdfb5c389b3bf1358

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_circle_battery.zip (Addon to enable circle battery indicator) MD5: 5c83b00a26f1da4d1f0e42f7baf40fbe

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_deskclock.zip (Addon to replace Alarm Clock with Desk Clock) MD5: fbbeb626b5e06d7eef2097844c6525fb

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_blueish_kbd.zip (Addon to change orange to blue on G-bread kbd) MD5: 27b4c271657b42c0a52b10fdf4611979

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_smartdialer_addon.zip (Restore Smart Dialer and RLS7 version of Contacts) MD5: 9fcb24d6dde54527d15ce6c06dbf1d94

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_group_contacts.zip (Restore RLS8 cersion of Contacts and ContactsProvider) MD5: 324174efd7f5cfcdc969d7eaea8c5835

(I kept the names of zip's the same, MD5 are the same but I lowercased them - to make it easier to compare with md5sum results ;))

If anyone else wants me to re-host their files, PM me ;)

If it's against the Rules, or moderator / kalt_kaffe decides that they don't want the files to be re-hosted - then feel free to delete this post...

Edited by karololszak

Guest Dovbush

I done it before many time(from RLS4)so I hope I did it correct (full wipe,check MD5-was ok... )

Thanks

Please help

QUOTE(HMZX @ Jan 29 2011, 15:54) *

you forgot to wipe data

I did wipe date.

Now when I press power button phone do not start only vibration working with every attempt to start.

Thanks

Edited by Dovbush

Thanks

Please help

QUOTE(HMZX @ Jan 29 2011, 15:54) *

you forgot to wipe data

I did wipe date.

Thanks

why did u post this twice?

the answer is you need to charge your phone. if you press the power button, and it vibrates, the battery is empty

CHARGE IT!!

Guest Dovbush
why did u post this twice?

the answer is you need to charge your phone. if you press the power button, and it vibrates, the battery is empty

CHARGE IT!!

Thanks,

I put charge in and phone froze on orange logo.(I try backup it)

what can I do please?

Edited by Dovbush

Thanks

Please help

I did wipe date.

Thanks

Make sure your battery is charged - low/flat battery will cause phone to not turn on...

If your SD was failing (and it is only a possible cause) then it is likely that the the JJ zip that you installed from the SD card was also corrupted. Did you check the MD5 of the zip on the SD card before you installed (not just on your PC when you downloaded)?

Copy the zip again onto the SD - check the MD5, and reinstall through Clockwork.

Out of interest were you using A2SD?

Guest Dovbush
Make sure your battery is charged - low/flat battery will cause phone to not turn on...

If your SD was failing (and it is only a possible cause) then it is likely that the the JJ zip that you installed from the SD card was also corrupted. Did you check the MD5 of the zip on the SD card before you installed (not just on your PC when you downloaded)?

Copy the zip again onto the SD - check the MD5, and reinstall through Clockwork.

Out of interest were you using A2SD?

Many thanks!

I did never change system partition,I have 2GB Micro SD Card from Verbatim©

Guest Dovbush

How I can do it all if my phone frozen?

Can I do it from Clockwork?

Guest sensory
You applied any other mods?

Come to think of it, I did install 0x90 mod.. and I just searched the forum thread and it was the one causing the browser crash. D'oh.