[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest targetbsp
Hey guys, I've been using this ROM on my Blade for a while (got RLS6 then updated to 7 without wiping). Everything's great and smooth, but my storage space on the phone is finishing even though my 8 GB SD card has still got a lot of space, so I was thinking about wiping and putting RLS9 with A2SD+ but I see no addons there nor any mention about the possibility to do that... Can I do it with Jellyfish or do I need to use MCR?

Why not just use Move2SD? http://www.appbrain.com/app/move2sd-enable...installlocation

Then you can move stuff that hasn't been updated for sd cards. Note that you shouldn't move keyboards, widgets or live wallpapers.

Guest targetbsp

Yeah, I'm not big on widgets. 90% of mine are disabled in autostarts anyway. ;)

Things with services shouldn't really be moved too but it's not immediately obvious if things have services. Only way I've found is to load it up and then check running services in settings. This seems to be why the google stuff can't be moved to SD - in the case of maps at least because it has a service.

There's a complete list of things which can't be moved here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720739

But even with all the exclusions I think you'd be fairly hard pushed to fill your internal space up with widgets that you use. ;)

one more bug found with JF9.

when going into the about in settings, getting a FC.

haven't see this, anyone else?

JJ7 & 8 I had no wifi problems, on JJ9 the wifi drops when coming out of sleep. I get notifications, etc while sleeping, but it just dies soon as it wakes.

wifi working perfectly here for several days (JJ9). maybe it's related to the access point/router or network settings in some way?

edit: should have added, i use Buffalo routers with Tomato firmware.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest targetbsp

My wifi appears to disconnect and reconnect the moment it wakes up if you go by the wifi icon in the notification bar. I always assumed this is because wifi doesn't work when the phone is asleep and the icon hadn't noticed while in sleep mode that it doesn't have wifi. Then the moment it wakes up it says 'ooh the wifi is off, i'll clear that icon'. This could be interpreted as it dying as soon as it wakes up. It then puts it back a few seconds later as it auto-reconnects which is good enough for me.

But I could be wrong. ;)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest galorin
wifi working perfectly here for several days (JJ9). maybe it's related to the access point/router or network settings in some way?

Did some more testing. At work, it is perfect, using a Linksys with custom firmware to provide wifi. At home, have a BT HomeHub 2.0 that sometimes flakes out. Have noticed the SF gets warm at home, not at work. Probably blame the HomeHub.

EDIT: Oh, here's a behavior I hadn't noticed.. it's automatically handing the SD card off to the PC when plugged in via USB. Minor nuisance.

Edited by galorin

Guest 90180360
  • Disabled hardware GUI as eat seems to eat battery (enable with addon if you want it)

Unfortunately hardware acceleration is not just disabled for the UI. 3D games run much worse than before.

Maybe it would be much better to have HW acceleration enabled by default. There's no proof that turning it off saves any battery and many people don't realize that they could have a much more powerful phone.

Guest MadeInBeats
Unfortunately hardware acceleration is not just disabled for the UI. 3D games run much worse than before.

Maybe it would be much better to have HW acceleration enabled by default. There's no proof that turning it off saves any battery and many people don't realize that they could have a much more powerful phone.

I'd like to see someone prove that HW, DOESN'T, use more battery!!

Guest Hopelessness

Is everyone just ignoring the Dialer / Partial wakelock issue nowadays then? It's definitely still there, and eating up my battery. Can we please make this a top priority!?

Guest IronDoc
Is everyone just ignoring the Dialer / Partial wakelock issue nowadays then? It's definitely still there, and eating up my battery. Can we please make this a top priority!?

KK's not working on it anymore, as has been said in this thread. He's now attempting to build a froyo from AOSP and fix the RIL.

Guest mvheuver

Is there actually a work-around for the "Connection cannot be made" in RLS9? I am actually using the phone now (not just as a toy) and every time somebody calls me I have to press OK ten times before I can use the phone again, something which will drive me nuts soon enough!

Guest vortexPC

Hi,

Im following this topic from the start, ive using this rom up till the latest release RLS9.

Here´s my problem:

Language settings to PT Portugal,

When chaging from hour format 24h to am/pm, it display something like this on the notification bar and also on some widgets: "before noon" and "after noon", or in portuguese "antes do meio dia" e "depois do meio dia".

Is there a way to change to "text" to am/pm? or is this caused by the PT language?

Cheers.

Guest BritishBob

Installed, and have had no problems. I havent noticed any roblems with wi-fi as i don't use it often. When i do it seems fine. but i am on an unsecured network. Mabye thats the cuse of the disconnections. I also use Y5 Batery Saver. It disables wi-fi when i am out of rembered networks. usefull for saving battery.

Guest Rotmann
Hey guys, I've been using this ROM on my Blade for a while (got RLS6 then updated to 7 without wiping). Everything's great and smooth, but my storage space on the phone is finishing even though my 8 GB SD card has still got a lot of space, so I was thinking about wiping and putting RLS9 with A2SD+ but I see no addons there nor any mention about the possibility to do that... Can I do it with Jellyfish or do I need to use MCR?

use move2sd enabler and set it on auto

Use FLB, no dialer wakelocks reported, brilliant battery, new improved R7 online!

Is there actually a work-around for the "Connection cannot be made" in RLS9? I am actually using the phone now (not just as a toy) and every time somebody calls me I have to press OK ten times before I can use the phone again, something which will drive me nuts soon enough!

Disable AGPS or use another ROM.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest shastar

Attention

And for everyone with all these problems, I wonder if you really check through the problems properly. for most problems are not due JJALLY. Check more before you post your problems. Many problems can be fixed if you think about it a bit ....

And, the battery problem is not this ROM, ensure that you have not installed any crap program that runs in the background, and make sure that does not have the GPS on, which draws more battery than hell. Turn on the GPS only when you need it.

Edited by shastar

Guest skymera
Attention

And for everyone with all these problems, I wonder if you really check through the problems properly. for most problems are not due JJALLY. Check more before you post your problems. Many problems can be fixed if you think about it a bit ....

And, the battery problem is not this ROM, ensure that you have not installed any crap program that runs in the background, and make sure that does not have the GPS on, which draws more battery than hell. Turn on the GPS only when you need it.

I've never had any problems with battery. Overclocked and with HW UI.

Though I enabled GPS yesterday for maps, forgot to disable and i've lost 30% battery today in just over 3 hours, so it's def disabled now! ;)

Here is a list about what cards are compatible and not with the SF/Blade on http://www.myphone.gr/forum/showthread.php?t=292959

2GB
*Verbatim 2GB (no class rating) -> OK (orange san fran card)
*Kingston 2GB (no class rating - made in Japan) -> unmount-mount
*Kingston 2GB (no class rating - made in Taiwan) -> file system error
*Transcend 2GB (no class rating - made in Taiwan) -> OK (WIND ZTE Blade card)
*Sandisk 2GB (no class rating) -> OK

4GB
*Sandisk 4GB Class6 -> OK
*Silicon power 4GB (class4) -> OK
*Kingston 4GB (class4) -> unmount-mount
*Transcend 4GB (class 6 - made in Taiwan) -> OK
*TOSHIBA 4GB (class4) -> not recognized

8GB
*Transcend 8GB (class6 - made in Korea) -> unmount-mount
*Transcend 8GB (class6 - made in Taiwan) -> OK
*Sandisk 8GB (class2) -> OK
*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 8GB (Class6 - Made in China) -> OK
*Kingston 8GB (class4 - made in Taiwan) -> for some is ΟΚ, but to others present errors
*KINGMAX MicroSD SDHC 8GB (class 10) -> OK
*Play.com branded 8GB -> unmount-mount
*Toshiba 8GB (class4 - made in Japan) -> for some is ΟΚ, but to others present errors
*Vodafone branded 8GB (class4 - made in Japan) -> unmount-mount
*Apacer 8GB (class4 - made in China) -> OK
*Samsung 8GB Plus (class6) ->OK

16GB
*Sandisk 16GB (class2) -> OK
*Sandisk 16GB (class4) -> OK
*Team (teamgroup) 16GB (class6) -> OK
*Kingston 16GB (class4) -> for some is ΟΚ, but to others present errors
*Kingston 16GB (no class rating) -> unmount-mount
*Kingston 16GB (class10) (SDC10/16GBSP) -> OK
*MyMemory blanded 16GB (class2) -> unmount-mount
*MyMemory blanded 16GB (class4) -> unmount-mount
*Dane-Elec 16GB (class2) -> OK
*Dane-Elec 16GB (class4) -> OK
*Play.com branded 16GB (class4) -> unmount-mount
*Verbatim 16GB (class2) -> OK (
amazon.co.uk
amazon.co.uk amazon.co.uk
)
*Transcend 16GB (class2 - made in Taiwan) -> OK
*Transcend 16GB (class6) -> OK
*A-Data Turbo series AUSDH16GCL6-R 16GB (class6) -> OK
)
*A-Data 16GB (class2 - made in Taiwan) -> OK
*Silicon Power 16GB (class4) -> OK
*Silicon Power 16GB (class6) -> OK
*Patriot 16GB (no class rating) -> file system error
*Toshiba 16GB (class4) -> file system error

32GB
*Play.com branded 32GB -> OK
*SanDisk 32GB (class2) -> unmount-mount
*KINGSTON 32GB SDC4/32GBSP (class4) -> file system error[/codebox]

Just to give an update on this ;) ..

Today I bought 8GB class 6 A-DATA (~11EUR) - works flawlessly ;) . Besides it costed me 1EUR more that this 4GB Chinese piece of %!@& .

Thanks for the list - if you want you can put my sdcard there as working.

Guest Baltazar80

I have installed RLS 9, can I install the mms.apk from RLS 8???

Because I am missing to add Contacts if I want to write a SMS.

How can I change it, or is there an Addon to change the sms app with RLS 8?

Guest mvheuver
Disable AGPS or use another ROM.

Disabled AGPS, doesn't make a difference, still get he "Connection cannot be made". As for using another ROM, well, that's a bit drastic...

Guest dalajvladan

Hi, I have some trouble with wifi in sleep mode. I set up On screen off (or similar), but when the phone get asleep, wifi stay and 2G/3G connection don't start. When awake, there is wifi icon, which for some short time disappear and reconnect again (sometimes appear 2G/3G icon for that short time of wifi reconnecting). But in sleep mode, there isn't any traffic - no sync. of mails etc.

Yesterday it was OK, for the night on the charger. After removing from charger, it's starts do that troubles.

Flashing clean ROM and wipe didn't help.

On the forums have many people opposite problem:(

Thanks for some ideas, how to repair it.

Edited by dalajvladan