[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest leetron1
Is it anything important? Could you post a link, please, if so? Thank you!

Think he said he did fac reset after clearing data for Market didn't seem to work...trawl back to yesterday, you'll find his post.

Just a reboot worked fine for me, though..

I don't think so, i am new to this and am not sure what a skin is. I am guessing it is some kind of theme. (which i don't have)

I am now monitoring the battery usage to try and get a reasonable level of usage. I would say pre update i was getting about 12 hours. I really need it to last a full day minimum. I see people are getting 3-4 days. I have never had this with any ROM so far.

I hardly use WIFI, 3G is on all the time, no GPS. not many apps running! I am starting to think i need to turn off push email. It is something i use a lot and would really like to keep it on.

Yes, it's the same thing - the best ones are listed here http://tinyurl.com/4o4or5g and you just apply the zip files with clockwork mod.

Guest mvheuver
Has support for this ROM really been dropped?

It looks like it indeed. Which leads me to the next question: what other ROM will you guys be changing to? As a newbie, I've only performed a few JJ installs, nothing else. Might want to keep an eye on other ROMs that are still in development.

Guest Pirttila
You know that due to the Blades design led notifications only work when the phone is not sleeping right? So if your led notifications are going with the screen off then the phone is either charging or not sleeping properly.

You can get around this by using apps such as noled, flash notify or tasker scripts. They prevent the phone from sleeping when you have a notification.

Where you get your information? It is not true, my Blades led's have worked all the time and it sleep properly(only powerbutton wake up phone). Same thing with original 2.1, JJ6, JJ8 and JJ9.

Guest SqueakyG

Hi,

I just enabled hardware acceleration -- not with the zip in Clockwork, but by editing build.prop and pushing it back to the phone.

I have not noticed any improvement whatsoever. My test is Angry Birds Seasons, Christmas level 2. It still grinds down exactly the same as before, which is also exactly the same amount that it lagged on stock Orange 2.1. So basically neither the change to Froyo nor hardware acceleration has shown any speed improvements to the phone.

What's up with that? So many of you guys are saying that Angry Birds was made totally smooth by Froyo alone, and certainly by enabling hardware acceleration.

Edited by SqueakyG

Guest targetbsp
Where you get your information? It is not true, my Blades led's have worked all the time and it sleep properly(only powerbutton wake up phone). Same thing with original 2.1, JJ6, JJ8 and JJ9.

Maybe the model sold in your country (don't know what country that is I'm no good with flags ;) ) differs in design on this point (and it's a damn good difference if it does!) but on the UK San Francisco the lack of power to the buttons also means a lack of power to the LED. This fact is splashed all over this forum, for example:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...tion-app-noled/

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...their-san-fran/

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...tification-led/

Either that or I mis-understood your problem. ;)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest mvheuver
"CONNECTION CANNOT BE MADE"

I HAD this issue and now its SOLVED!!

The most difficult part was to find a pattern to identify the origin. Done!

This happens to people that has a SIM card from a sub-operator that uses services from the main operator. Strange? I'll explain with an example:

Portugal has 3 main mobile operators: TMN, OPTIMUS and VODAFONE. Each of this has sub-operators:

TMN: Uzo, Phonix

OPTIMUS: rede4

VODAFONE: yorn, zon

My situation: I have a "rede4" SIM card and the automatic APN configured it to OPTIMUS definitions BUT "rede4" has some different details in the APNs. I configured them correctly and now the message is GONE!

A friend with a SIM card "zon" that uses VODAFONE network had the exact same problem, solved changing APNs definitions to the correct ones.

You have to ask the sub-operator for the correct configurations.

You can't edit the default APNs, they are BLOCKED, so you need a software to erase/replace them and them you have access to edit them.

For Portugal we have APN Portugal but for international APNs i don't know which app to use but i think APNdroid is the correct one.

Hope this is the solution for all of you with this problem that was stopping this ROM from being PERFECT Wednesday ROM! ;)

You're probably right. I'm on Giffgaff, a sub-operator using the UK O2 network. I used the GiffgaffAPN app which should ensure the right settings, but I am still getting the warnings and I can't send MMS (which is related to my super slow connection in my area, I think, not to do with the ROM). Either way it's probably time to start looking for another ROM, I'm getting into this modding now...

Guest Pirttila
Maybe the model sold in your country (don't know what country that is I'm no good with flags :D ) differs in design on this point (and it's a damn good difference if it does!) but on the UK San Francisco the lack of power to the buttons also means a lack of power to the LED. This fact is splashed all over this forum, for example:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...tion-app-noled/

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...their-san-fran/

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...tification-led/

Either that or I mis-understood your problem. ;)

I am from Finland and phone is Saunalahti's Blade. Don't know what differences there is but return button flashes when a message/call is received. Maybe they change some other parts too when they put 5mp camera in to phone. ;)

Guest TheStigFIN

Hi all!

I have now RSL7 in my ZTE blade and I want update to RSL9..

So how I can save my all applications/games, when I move to RSL9?

Total Newbie question...

Edited by TheStigFIN

Guest feckineejit
Hi all!

I have now RSL7 in my ZTE blade and I want update to RSL9..

So how I can save my all applications/games, when I move to RSL9?

Total Newbie question...

Download titanium backup from the market and save them

Guest Pelemane
I am from Finland and phone is Saunalahti's Blade. Don't know what differences there is but return button flashes when a message/call is received. Maybe they change some other parts too when they put 5mp camera in to phone. ;)

I am from Finland and phone is Saunalahti's Blade but my return button only flashes if phone is recharging or im using it but it doesnt flash in sleep.

How is your battery life?

Guest Pirttila
I am from Finland and phone is Saunalahti's Blade but my return button only flashes if phone is recharging or im using it but it doesnt flash in sleep.

How is your battery life?

Battery life is good, never try how long it stay but one time there was "3 day, 10h" and 42% when i put it to charger. So it sleep properly i think.

everything is fine (RLS9-img)

but:

NO GPS

any fixes , workaround (!?)

sorry if it´s mentioned allready - no time to read the entire thread

thx

I too have problems with GPS. With RLS7 it got location in a few seconds, now it waits for minutes and no location lock. I've tried with maps, gps test and navigon. If I switch gps off from power widget and back on it usually gets location after 10-20s.

I'm using RLS9, AHB_OC, HW_UI, Smartdialer, True Gingerbread theme and the 0x90 mod

Guest Pelemane
Battery life is good, never try how long it stay but one time there was "3 day, 10h" and 42% when i put it to charger. So it sleep properly i think.

Well I think too that it sleeps properly then but why isnt my notifications working then ;) are you using some app like NoLED to notify you?

Guest Pirttila
Well I think too that it sleeps properly then but why isnt my notifications working then ;) are you using some app like NoLED to notify you?

No app's, just JJ RLS9 now. Somebody say that brightness sensor can turn light too low... try it in a dark room. ;)

Guest Pelemane
No app's, just JJ RLS9 now. Somebody say that brightness sensor can turn light too low... try it in a dark room. ;)

I dont use auto-brightness, I have it allways at maximum and I tried in the darkness ;)

I too have problems with GPS. With RLS7 it got location in a few seconds, now it waits for minutes and no location lock. I've tried with maps, gps test and navigon. If I switch gps off from power widget and back on it usually gets location after 10-20s.

Same problem here. The GPS used to be rock solid and lock on within 10 seconds. I now have to switch it on and off a couple of times (using either Power Widget or Widgetsoid) and then wait 30 seconds or so. Something weird going on.

Guest prasad_den
You can't uninstall an addon. But you can flash the rom again, this time without wiping to remove all addons and have the rom like new. Hope this helps ;)

;) I assumed that much, going by the relatively sparse returns a forum search on "uninstall addon" yielded. Have reflashed the ROM, and installed AContact from the market. Thanks for the reply..!

Guest eucurto
You're probably right. I'm on Giffgaff, a sub-operator using the UK O2 network. I used the GiffgaffAPN app which should ensure the right settings, but I am still getting the warnings and I can't send MMS (which is related to my super slow connection in my area, I think, not to do with the ROM). Either way it's probably time to start looking for another ROM, I'm getting into this modding now...

If you use Curvefish APN On/Off widget, you also will have problems!! Because when you turn connection Off with this widget, it adds something like [disabled] to the APN name in the APN settings and then the CONNECTIONS CANNOT... error comes back!! So, simply use the stock widget that has wifi, bt, gps, data, sync and light all in one and it won't mess with APN settings and no more CONNECTION errors.

Guest FaTaL_ErrOr

Excellent work on your ROM. I have a problem with sms messages. The default sms messaging and the handcent sms, keep forceclosing when I press the return button, when I read a thread. Is it a known issue? Can I fix this somehow?

Guest Ralph Martin

Ecuarto said

"CONNECTION CANNOT BE MADE"

I HAD this issue and now its SOLVED!!

The most difficult part was to find a pattern to identify the origin. Done!

This happens to people that has a SIM card from a sub-operator that uses services from the main operator.

Unfortunately, this is NOT the solution. I have this problem sometimes on Three UK. This is not a sub-operator.

Nor is another suggestion: "Remove APNdroid" as I don't have that installed...

Edited by Ralph Martin